Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 142
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,042
    vCash
    1500
    I'm so happy for him. Dickey has been my favorite player all year.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    19,856
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I'm so happy for him. Dickey has been my favorite player all year.
    Certainly the most exciting Met last year without question.

    Couldn't happen to a better guy either. (cliche' phrase but in this case a thousand times true)
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-15-2012 at 01:37 AM.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Boogie Down Bronx!
    Posts
    8,107
    vCash
    935
    Props to the fella! I'm happy I can say that I witnessed a Mets pitcher have a great year like this!

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,533
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    ...so who plays Dickey in the movie?

    Get Daniel Day Lewis on the phone.
    Excellent choice Sick. He nailed Lincoln.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,533
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    R.A. Dickey is truly a case of someone getting EVERYTHING they deserve, We can only hope this was but a stepping stone to an even better 2013 and beyond! REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT! lol

    Oh and just to point this out...


    Last year...we sucked and had a batting Champion

    This year...we sucked and have a Cy Young winner

    So maybe...just maybe....

    Next year...we'll suck and maybe have a triple crown winner?

    Delusional...perhaps LOL
    The franchise's first ever MVP....David Wright.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    19,856
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    The franchise's first ever MVP....David Wright.
    He should have won in 2007 over Jimmy Rollins and Matt Holliday..

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,533
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    And how many of the writers agreed with you and your bias?
    Well one was a Dodgers supporter and two of the others were supporters of the other two candidates. Timmy K is weird and creeps me out and some drone from Colorado, whatever, R.A. IS KING!

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,533
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He should have won in 2007 over Jimmy Rollins and Matt Holliday..
    That conversation was beaten to death brought back from the dead and beat some more. If the Mets would have at least claimed the WC Wright would have won it but Rollins talked the talk and walked the walk that season. Either of those three were deserving IMO.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    19,856
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    That conversation was beaten to death brought back from the dead and beat some more. If the Mets would have at least claimed the WC Wright would have won it but Rollins talked the talk and walked the walk that season. Either of those three were deserving IMO.
    Wright was the best player in the NL that year, sadly like you mentioned the Mets choked and it probably killed his chances.

    It sucks he didn't win that award much like he got screwed out of the GG this year.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,533
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WrightStuff82 View Post
    How can anyone want to trade him?
    I really will cry if he is traded. One of the best Mets ever to wear a uniform. Not just a great competitor but a wonderful human being.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,533
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Wright was the best player in the NL that year, sadly like you mentioned the Mets choked and it probably killed his chances.

    It sucks he didn't win that award much like he got screwed out of the GG this year.
    Blame that crap rotation from the starters to the relievers, garbage.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,533
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Tell that to Fred Wilpon..
    Fred is dribbling peas, tell it to Tommy Boy who is pulling the strings.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    19,856
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Fred is dribbling peas, tell it to Tommy Boy who is pulling the strings.
    There is certainly culpability on all ends.

    It's just sad the Wilpons might not be able to afford to re-sign a Cy Young winner.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    It's great that he won, but individual achievements don't mean anything to me when our team sucks balls.
    I can't believe that I am agreeing with you. I would have been a drop more elequent, however, ...." sucks balls" ?

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,533
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    It's great that he won, but individual achievements don't mean anything to me when our team sucks balls.
    Jesus Stuna I want this team to succeed just as much as the next guy but this is an accomplishment that all of us Mets fans can rejoice and celebrate with R.A.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •