Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Do the writers have a clue? They kept saying it was too close to call. Heck he won by a landslide. Congrats RA you made your congregation proud of you. We bow down and claim we're not worthy!
    It was too close to call in their eyes, but obviously most of them edge out Dickey over their 2nd place guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    @AdamRubinESPN
    5 not to pick Dickey: Tim Brown (Yahoo-LA), Jerry Crasnick (ESPN-Philly), John Fay (Cincy, Tim Kurkjian (ESPN DC), Patrick Saunders (Denver)
    Shocker, the five that didn't pick Dickey were a Kershaw fan, a Cueto fan, a Gio fan a Philly fan who hates everything about New York and guy from Colorado is high from the altitude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daaaarryyl View Post
    Wilpons will make a few bucks off commemorative t-shirts, bracelets, pot holders, kleenex tissues, then they'll deal him by Christmas.
    Nobody is going to buy Kleenex tissues, Mets fans by those by the boatload like they're preparing for Doomsday.

vCash
    Ok, can we silence the keep/trade talk for just one night and start paying some tributes to the team's third-ever pitcher to win a Cy Young?

My goodness, we brought in Johan Santana at $20 mill a year. No Cy Young. Omar Minaya signs this 30+ year old never was who was toying around with an experimental pitch. In Minaya's own words, he remembered him from his days in Texas and wanted him in the organization because he might become a good coach some day.

No one imagined this. Even when I thought i saw something in him after mocking him and his name earlier, i never envisioned Cy Young material.

If he were just an amazing pitcher, THAT would be enough. But he's so much more than that. He's an invaluable teammate, a great leader, and probably most of all, just a terrific person who fights and succeeds against adversity at every turn.

As a Met fan, I am proud that he is on our team. As a person, I am humbled by everything this man has accomplished. The man has literally climbed mountains.

And now, three years off baseball's scrap heap, he's a Cy Young Award winner.

I salute you, Robert Allen. I salute you.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Ok, can we silence the keep/trade talk for just one night and start paying some tributes to the team's third-ever pitcher to win a Cy Young?

My goodness, we brought in Johan Santana at $20 mill a year. No Cy Young. Omar Minaya signs this 30+ year old never was who was toying around with an experimental pitch. In Minaya's own words, he remembered him from his days in Texas and wanted him in the organization because he might become a good coach some day.

No one imagined this. Even when I thought i saw something in him after mocking him and his name earlier, i never envisioned Cy Young material.

If he were just an amazing pitcher, THAT would be enough. But he's so much more than that. He's an invaluable teammate, a great leader, and probably most of all, just a terrific person who fights and succeeds against adversity at every turn.

As a Met fan, I am proud that he is on our team. As a person, I am humbled by everything this man has accomplished. The man has literally climbed mountains.

I have never seen anything like this happen since I started watching baseball. A guy whose career should have been finished come back at an advanced age and pitch to the tune of a Cy Young Award.

vCash

A testament to how far a man's will and fortitude can go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    I have never seen anything like this happen since I started watching baseball. A guy whose career should have been finished come back at an advanced age and pitch to the tune of a Cy Young Award.
    Almost right out of The Natural, isn't it?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

A testament to how far a man's will and fortitude can go.
    It makes me feel like anything is truly possible if the heart and desire is there. That's why when I say I want guys with grit and heart and get told that doesn't win I say B.S. I wish more of the Mets players had Dickey's will and determination.

vCash
    B.s. Kershaw deserved it

vCash
    Almost right out of The Natural, isn't it?
    Not just saying this but they really need to make a movie about R.A. Dickey's story. Disney should get right on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican dodger View Post
    B.s. Kershaw deserved it

vCash
    This will definitely be a Hollywood movie someday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    This will definitely be a Hollywood movie someday.
    Dickey can direct/edit/produce/build sets and play all the actors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican dodger View Post
    B.s. Kershaw deserved it
    And how many of the writers agreed with you and your bias?

vCash
    Enjoy this, who knows when we'll see another season like that again. Congrats, Mr. Dickey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast