vCash

R.A. Dickey Wins Cy Young

Per MLB Network

vCash
    27 of 32 votes!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    27 of 32 votes!!!!
    what the hell! how could it be that lopsided! According to the stats Kershaw was the best pitcher in the league, i get why some people voted for him, but this should have been a lot closer, jeeze had clayton not missed 1 start he would have finished with more K's and innings pitched.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    what the hell! how could it be that lopsided! According to the stats Kershaw was the best pitcher in the league, i get why some people voted for him, but this should have been a lot closer, jeeze had clayton not missed 1 start he would have finished with more K's and innings pitched.
    So you are saying that RA was more durable.
    RA had more QS 27 at 82% than Kershaw 25 at 76%, threw less walks in spite being a knuckleball pitcher and logged more innings pitched. He also had more complete games, shut outs and his K/BB ratio was 4.26 to 3.63.

Then if you throw in that Kershaw's home/away splits were pretty lopsided you can see why the votes went the way it did.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSrdWK4t3XY
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    They need to get over it. Jesus, the guy just won the award the season before so it ain't like he's gotten screwed in the past and for some reason they can't understand that Dickey winning 20 on this pathetic Mets squad was the most impressive feat with the exception of Steve Carlton's 27 wins on that crappy 59 win Phillies team in '72.

vCash
    But he did miss a start so that theory doesn't fly. Dickey pitched the entire season with a torn oblique and did what he did. And you can't predict out that he would have had a good start if he pitched one more game. He could have gotten rocked it happens. The facts are that Dickey made each and every one of his starts, had six more IP, one more K, three more CG, one more SHO, the WHIP's were almost identical (1.02 for Kershaw & 1.05 for Dickey) but at the end of the day Dickey didn't win 20 games for a great team or even for a team hovering around .500, he pitched for one of the worst teams in the NL which had poor defense, no bullpen whatsoever and couldn't hit worth a lick with RISP. The fact that he won 20 was the deciding factor because the Dodgers were a way better team than the Mets and he was still able to accomplish that feat. Don't get me wrong I like Kershaw and I know for a fact he will win multiple Cy Youngs but this was Dickey's year and you can't take away from his accomplishments.
    Last edited by SILVER SEAVER; 11-15-2012 at 03:39 PM.

vCash

Um, awards are about what you DID, not about what you MIGHT have done. Myself, hey, I coulda been a contender.

vCash
    R.A. Dickey on MLB network now.

vCash

RA Dickey Wins the Cy Young!!

Just saw it on MLB Network...

Well deserved and first for the Mets since Dwight Gooden.

vCash
    Oh sorry didn't see it, just delete my thread..

Congrats to RA well deserved..

vCash

vCash
    Unanimous vote, I'm surprised.

vCash

R.A. Dickey Wins Cy Young

Dickey!!

Dickey!!

Dickey!!

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    ‏@AdamRubinESPN
    Official order of finish: Dickey 209 points (27 1st place), Kershaw 96 (2), Gonzalez 93 (1), Cueto 75 (1), Kimbrel 45 (1), Cain 22, Lohse 6

Not even close.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast