Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Foodstamps cost the US 80 billion last year.

Its costing more then 110 billion a year to be in Afghanistan
    It cost more then 120 billion a year to prosecute Iraq

foodstamps are direct economic stimulators.
    they are immediately spent at walmart, lion king, Piggly wiggly, krogers, wherever.
    The continued demonization of "lazy" welfare recipients is a tool to focus blame ,anger and resentment at a easy target.

They are not a huge drain on our tax base and do not afford a lavish lifestyle.
    The reason so many people are in need of help has been the endless extraction of wealth from the middleclass of this country into the hands of the plutocrasy that rule.

vCash
    Nice last couple of pages

NT of the Future

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Your take on the right would be true, if about half the country thought exactly like Rush Limbaugh, but it doesn't. You're taking things out of context to support a view that yields a truly hateful picture of so many Americans. I am sorry you feel this way.
    I probably think there are more of these folks than you do... But I agree. My hope is that the rushes of the party will get drowned out by folks who believe in a fiscal conservatism that doesn't feel the need to demonize people. Those that believe that their ideas and concepts are beneficial to all people's and can articulate that viewpoint without pointing their finger and screaming like Donald Sutherland at the end of body snatchers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo
    Last edited by flips333; 11-16-2012 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If this has been a class war, then the poor and middle class have been having their ***es handed to them for the last 50 years.

But I still really haven't had anyone explain to me why its supposedly Democrats that push welfare despite the fact that there are more people, as a percentage, on welfare in states run by the GOP. The same goes for poverty as well.

I can easily explain that D, although the truth hurts and I ll get lambasted for telling the truth.

Its really simple.
    its identity affiliation.
    Rs have fostered the image of an upwardly mobile,cultured,respectable, hard working, white christian party...and if you identify, or aspire to identify with that branding, then people vote for Rs EVEN WHEN THE POLICIES HURT THEM.

Poor whites on food stamps vote republican, even when they threaten to take away their foodstamps becasue they may be poor , but at least we aint a bunch of dirty***********(you can pick your prefered minority/ethnicity/sexuality demographic to fit in there)

vCash
    Good news for the conservatives that post here. The GOP establishment, i.e. the professionals that run the party, are running to disagree with Mitt Romney's comments. Including Hayley Barbour. Now there is still some chance that these guys will decide the problem with the last election is the candidate only, but it does appear the GOP is trying to learn what went wrong.

I hear a lot of talk about 'liking voters', it appears to be a talking point of some kind. It will be interesting to see how much is actual change of policy and how much is trying to talk nice where people can hear you. JMO, but my guess is a lot of lip service is being played to changing instead of actual looking at changing who the party is, but that is could be me looking for what I want to see instead of seeing reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Good news for the conservatives that post here. The GOP establishment, i.e. the professionals that run the party, are running to disagree with Mitt Romney's comments. Including Hayley Barbour. Now there is still some chance that these guys will decide the problem with the last election is the candidate only, but it does appear the GOP is trying to learn what went wrong.

I hear a lot of talk about 'liking voters', it appears to be a talking point of some kind. It will be interesting to see how much is actual change of policy and how much is trying to talk nice where people can hear you. JMO, but my guess is a lot of lip service is being played to changing instead of actual looking at changing who the party is, but that is could be me looking for what I want to see instead of seeing reality.
    A little tangential, but I despise talking points

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Your take on the right would be true, if about half the country thought exactly like Rush Limbaugh, but it doesn't. You're taking things out of context to support a view that yields a truly hateful picture of so many Americans. I am sorry you feel this way.
    They just chose to put forward a guy with those views as the person they want to lead the country. How am I not supposed to think they support those views?

Let me add that I think we do agree to a point, thus my statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat
    There are certainly strains of Republicanism that do not reflect that point of view, however those strains are just as clearly not dominant in the party right now. One need only look at their primary debates for that point to become crystal clear.
    Am I wrong about that?

I'll provide a nearby example of what I mean. The person who wrote the "Yay for Obama!" thread represents a significant portion of the Republican base, even if that's painful for more mainstream folks to admit.
    Last edited by Labgrownmangoat; 11-16-2012 at 09:16 AM.
    "The idea that the market will solve such things as environmental concerns, as our racial divides, as our class distinctions, our problems with educating and incorporating one generation of workers into the economy after the other when that economy is changing; the idea that the market is going to heed all of the human concerns and still maximise profit is juvenile. . . Are we all in this together or are we all not?" - David Simon, creator of The Wire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    A little tangential, but I despise talking points
    me too, especially here. Nothing derails a decent discussion than pages of quoted talking points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    me too, especially here. Nothing derails a decent discussion than pages of quoted talking points.
    It gets to the point where I expect pee wee herman, chairy, globey, and Miss Yvonne to run on the Meet the Press set and start screaming when they are said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Foodstamps cost the US 80 billion last year.

Its costing more then 110 billion a year to be in Afghanistan
    It cost more then 120 billion a year to prosecute Iraq

foodstamps are direct economic stimulators.
    they are immediately spent at walmart, lion king, Piggly wiggly, krogers, wherever.
    The continued demonization of "lazy" welfare recipients is a tool to focus blame ,anger and resentment at a easy target.

They are not a huge drain on our tax base and do not afford a lavish lifestyle.
    The reason so many people are in need of help has been the endless extraction of wealth from the middleclass of this country into the hands of the plutocrasy that rule.
    I find it funny that no Republican will respond to this post.

What is the response for this lol?

Jew You Believe In Miracles?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    I can easily explain that D, although the truth hurts and I ll get lambasted for telling the truth.

Its really simple.
    its identity affiliation.
    Rs have fostered the image of an upwardly mobile,cultured,respectable, hard working, white christian party...and if you identify, or aspire to identify with that branding, then people vote for Rs EVEN WHEN THE POLICIES HURT THEM.

Poor whites on food stamps vote republican, even when they threaten to take away their foodstamps becasue they may be poor , but at least we aint a bunch of dirty***********(you can pick your prefered minority/ethnicity/sexuality demographic to fit in there)
    Sometimes the truth hurts.

Jew You Believe In Miracles?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Being the old guy here, with old guy perspective, I think this is the Republican version of a Dukakis moment.

The Republican Party has lost the popular vote in 5 out of the last six Presidential elections (President Bush 43 lost the popular vote in 2000).

I was listening to Jindal, Barbour, Ayotte all essentially say the same thing. This is in direct conflict with the Limbaugh version of the world. This might easily be the turning point for the GOP.

Most of the Republicans I know personally are not the hate filled archetypes that are on AM radio. Vice President Biden referred to the Tea Party fever as something whose time has come and gone. I suspect, he is right.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Frankly, Bobby Jindal talking about how the Republicans need to become more "intellectual" or whatever the exact quote was is just sad.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Frankly, Bobby Jindal talking about how the Republicans need to become more "intellectual" or whatever the exact quote was is just sad.
    As you know, I am no fan of Jindal's brand of politics or philosophy. I really hate having to defend him. That said, he did attend Brown, where he graduated with honors, and was a Rhodes Scholar.

I do not like many of his stated positions to date, but I have to give him credit for intellectual accomplishment.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    As you know, I am no fan of Jindal's brand of politics or philosophy. I really hate having to defend him. That said, he did attend Brown, where he graduated with honors, and was a Rhodes Scholar.

I do not like many of his stated positions to date, but I have to give him credit for intellectual accomplishment.
    Yeah, but he's also the same guy that allowed state funs to go to school that teach such things as the Loch Ness Monster not only existing, but being a plesiosaur that disproves evolution, a Japanese finishing boat once caught a dinosaur, and, just in case that wasn't ridiculous enough:

"the [Ku Klux] Klan in some areas of the country tried to be a means of reform, fighting the decline in morality and using the symbol of the cross... In some communities it achieved a certain respectability as it worked with politicians."

Rachael Maddow was also a Rhodes Scholar, as was Bill Clinton. It certainly hasn't shielded either of them from much criticism.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast