Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 125 of 125
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,903
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I still have yet to see you counter the fact that as a percentage white people are on welfare higher than their percentage of the population.

    I still have yet to see you counter the fact that as a percentage people in Republican states are on welfare more than those in Democratic states.

    I still have yet to see you counter the fact that states that are run by Republicans take more from the federal government than states that are run by Democrats.

    All of these FACTS directly contradict what you claim (ie opinion).

    If welfare is a grand scheme for liberals to control anyone, it was clearly the scheme to control conservatives and make them hate the very system they are on and have become reliant on. Is that the grand scheme that liberals have run? Because if so, then I have to give them a massive round of applause. It was pure genius to get people who claim to hate something hooked on the very system they hate.
    7 of the top 10 welfare states, are blue states.

    http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco...tal-recipients


    and when you go with per capita, our nationals capital ( the bluest of the blue) is number 1.

    http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco...nts-per-capita
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,073
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    It sounds like you are describing the old Northeastern Republican wing that once existed, but is now the motheaten and widely disliked stump of a wing. I agree with you that those folks had some good ideas. Few of them are dominant, or even really represented much at all, in the modern-day Republican party.

    It's true that at one time, the majority of Americans supported a pro-environment, pro-choice, anti-war Republican President with many of the ideas you describe above, even re-electing him for a 2nd term. Setting Watergate aside, what party do you think Nixon and his views would be welcome in now? Surely not the GOP.

    The Republican party deliberately got in bed with unreasonable fanatics who are unwilling to compromise their extremely rigid stances no matter what. They will drop back out of the political system before they compromise. No fact or argument from a source outside their on insular world will sway them. And they mobilize powerfully during the primaries. They're responsible for Akin, Mourdock, Sharon Angle last cycle, Michelle Bachmann, and thousands of state legislators. They're now a huge part of the base, and that is a huge problem not only for Republicans, but for the country. If we were talking about anti-federalists and federalists, I agree it would be healthy. We're not, though. We're talking about theocrats and anti-theocrats.
    Wow, motheaten and disliked stump. I now feel like I represent the CAPT Barbosa of the right.... but even he lived through all four of those movies, so maybe there's still hope for pragmatism over fearmongering and anger provoking.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,472
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I still have yet to see you counter the fact that as a percentage white people are on welfare higher than their percentage of the population.

    I still have yet to see you counter the fact that as a percentage people in Republican states are on welfare more than those in Democratic states.

    I still have yet to see you counter the fact that states that are run by Republicans take more from the federal government than states that are run by Democrats.

    All of these FACTS directly contradict what you claim (ie opinion).

    If welfare is a grand scheme for liberals to control anyone, it was clearly the scheme to control conservatives and make them hate the very system they are on and have become reliant on. Is that the grand scheme that liberals have run? Because if so, then I have to give them a massive round of applause. It was pure genius to get people who claim to hate something hooked on the very system they hate.
    Yup. There is this narrative being told that is not the reality of the situation. There is this information bubble around many conservatives leading to some view points that are out of whack with reality (progressives have an information bubble as well... it's just a little more permeable, and less pronounced).

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,472
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    7 of the top 10 welfare states, are blue states.

    http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco...tal-recipients


    and when you go with per capita, our nationals capital ( the bluest of the blue) is number 1.

    http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco...nts-per-capita
    For the first one... It's more about population of working age folks than anything else. you have to examine the percapita.

    And just because DC is number 1 doesn't mean that liberal states take in more percapita than red states... or more importantly that there is even a significant difference between them. This is part of the information bubble. This is referred to as confirmation bias.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,105
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    7 of the top 10 welfare states, are blue states.

    http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco...tal-recipients


    and when you go with per capita, our nationals capital ( the bluest of the blue) is number 1.

    http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco...nts-per-capita
    Hmm, that is an interesting set of data. However, I would note that the link to their source does not work. Which does make me a tad skeptical.

    I came across these bits of information:

    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ap.html?ref=us

    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ng-charts-maps

    They seem to show a pretty strong connection between GOP states and higher dependence on the federal government. The second one is especially damning.
    Member of the Owlluminati!


Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •