Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 125
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,493
    vCash
    5471

    ewing

    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Wait.

    Wait just a goddamned minute.

    You get votes by giving the voters things they want?

    I think Mitt Romney may have just cracked the code to winning elections.

    Gifts was a weird choice of words but your right that pretty much what he said. I fail to see the big deal. Is this more or less offensive then "binders full of women"?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,693
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Gifts was a weird choice of words but your right that pretty much what he said. I fail to see the big deal. Is this more or less offensive then "binders full of women"?
    Given that it plays directly into his comments that 47% of Americans are hopeless victim moochers, it's significantly worse. Remember when everyone on the right was telling us Romney didn't really believe those comments? Turns out they were dead wrong, and that's exactly what Romney believes.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

    People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    18,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Yall libs just don't get it. If you work., YOU get paid, not the lazy parasites who live off the taxes stolen from your paycheck.

    If you don't work to EARN what you want, you don't get it. Government doesn't steal it form your neighbor and give it to you.

    The government is LIMITED in what it can do by the powers granted by the Constitution of the United States. It is NOT here to feed, clothe, house and medicate you when you are too lazy to get off your butt and work to earn what you need.

    People are held responsible for the consequences of their own actions and choices and reap the rewards of those same actions. These include choices to smoke, drink alcohol, be fat, a junkie, a sexual animal with no control, a baby factory or a criminal by being in this country illegally.

    I choose what charities I support and IF I support them.

    If you CHOOSE to live in disaster prone areas, YOU also choose to accept the consequences. You don't have the right to tell taxpayers across the country they have to pay to rebuild, replace or repair YOUR property after a storm and they have no obligation to do so.

    You have no special rights just because of the color of your skin, your genitalia, your sexual orientation or anything else over which no one has any control. You do not have the right to redefine words just to make your choice of sexual partner tax deductible. You do not have the right to shove any of your uniqueness in my face. I could not care less about it most of the time.

    If I work to EARN something, you do not have the "right" to have it as well just because you want it. Get off your butt and EARN it. If you try to take it from me, I have the right to fight, armed if I feel it is necessary, to keep it.
    Lol...its the year 2012 not 1861.

    Your vision of the United States of America does not exist anymore, and it never will.

    Its called evolving.

    Maybe you should simply man up and get with the program instead of *****ing and complaining constantly.

    This is not just you I am talking to.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 11-15-2012 at 04:23 PM.
    DUDA


    Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

    with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,538
    vCash
    1500
    the problem gentlemen is the insular bubble of Values that Rs have grown up in.
    There are two kinds of Millionaires.

    the kind that come from wealth, and the kind that through hard work and effort have made it.

    The fist kind,
    grows up in a bubble of security.
    nice roads, clean neigborhoods, nice schools.
    NOW, they work hard...no doubt, and becasue they do, and because EVERYone faces some adversity, they feel that somehow because they have preservered and come out on top, that it is simply a matter of effort.
    They are incapable of seeing any difference in their circumstances as opposed to anyone else becasue,
    #1) it doesnt mesh with the values with which they have been raised
    #2) it diminishes their own efforts.

    It is far easier to look down on others as lazy or undeserving...after all, I had to WALK home from school one time!!!!!

    then there are those that have come from poverty.
    who struggle to make it out.
    Why is it that most Hollwood types vote Democratic?
    is it becasue there is some secret liberal pill that they take?
    Or is it more likely that they came from humble beginings?

    See poor people who succeed, never spout the stupidity you hear from the Rs in here.
    The few that do, are doing it as a marketing technique to feed the Rs never ending hunger to have their opinions validated.

    Johnny from south central LA, wants to go to college.
    college costs money.So johnny needs a job.There are no buisnesses willing to open in Johnnys neighborhood, so johnny needs to travel outside the neighborhood even for part time work.
    Two problems.
    1st, johnny doesnt have internet access to place a application, or 2 ,a car to get to work.
    So johnny must spend his limited available resources if he has any, riding the Bus to and from the public libraray and wait his turn just to use a copmputer and hopefully place some apps.
    Then he must make the same commute checking for responses.
    When he gets a hit, he again is on the buses going to interviews.
    When he finally gets a job, it the same thing.
    After 6 months he has enough saved to expect to afford to attend community college.
    Now he is trying to figured out how to navigate to and from his Job and school without being late or missing classes.
    sometimes it works out.sometimes it doesnt.
    sometimes he misses a class, sometimes hes late to work.
    when hes late to work ,he hears it from his boss,
    If he misses class, his grades suffer.
    If hes really, really lucky, he can manage to make both work for 3.5 years to finish his two year degree without getting fired or suspended for academic performance.

    I can continue this scenario all the way on to retirement and the same inequities exist throughout johnnys life.

    Billys family lives in a upper middle class neighborhood.
    When billy graduates, his parents get him a little used car. Nothing special...a honda civic.they put Billy on their INS.
    So Billy surfs the net and finds a job at the starbucks which is about two blocks away from home.
    His dad talks to some of the "good folks" in the neighborhood, and Billy scores himself an upgrade right away,seems dad knows a guy, who knows a guy and now billy has a spot at a shipping Co,manufacturing plant...whatever. Hes making around 13 hr. now.

    So Billy goes to school and work and manages to finish in two years and head on to Ubiversity and I could follow Billys path out into retirement and the same advantages exist every step of the way.
    when billy drives by johnny still waiting for the Bus, he thinks to himself....If only these lazy people would just put a little effort into making something of themselves they wouldnt be in their situation.....

    And its the Liberals that just dont get it(lol)

    Hes born on third and thinks he hit a triple.......

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,538
    vCash
    1500
    BTW, spare me the "I had to responses"
    the ones that are sincere will not be nearly the obstacles the truley poor face"
    the ones that are lies will be obvious.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,901
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Gifts was a weird choice of words but your right that pretty much what he said. I fail to see the big deal. Is this more or less offensive then "binders full of women"?
    Given that it plays directly into his comments that 47% of Americans are hopeless victim moochers, it's significantly worse. Remember when everyone on the right was telling us Romney didn't really believe those comments? Turns out they were dead wrong, and that's exactly what Romney believes.

    Thank you! Finally someone else, besides me brings this up. Pretty much every conservative in here was saying that and that it was no deal. An that all-time ridiculous "he was just talking about the election" thing. I still dont know what the hell they thought that had to do with what he called all those people.

    But they said it because, this is clearly just the GOP/conservative mind set. It's what the vast majority of them believe. An it's why they should not be in the white house. That mentality of theres should never again be allowed in the white house.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,901
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    the problem gentlemen is the insular bubble of Values that Rs have grown up in.
    There are two kinds of Millionaires.

    the kind that come from wealth, and the kind that through hard work and effort have made it.

    The fist kind,
    grows up in a bubble of security.
    nice roads, clean neigborhoods, nice schools.
    NOW, they work hard...no doubt, and becasue they do, and because EVERYone faces some adversity, they feel that somehow because they have preservered and come out on top, that it is simply a matter of effort.
    They are incapable of seeing any difference in their circumstances as opposed to anyone else becasue,
    #1) it doesnt mesh with the values with which they have been raised
    #2) it diminishes their own efforts.

    It is far easier to look down on others as lazy or undeserving...after all, I had to WALK home from school one time!!!!!

    then there are those that have come from poverty.
    who struggle to make it out.
    Why is it that most Hollwood types vote Democratic?
    is it becasue there is some secret liberal pill that they take?
    Or is it more likely that they came from humble beginings?

    See poor people who succeed, never spout the stupidity you hear from the Rs in here.
    The few that do, are doing it as a marketing technique to feed the Rs never ending hunger to have their opinions validated.

    Johnny from south central LA, wants to go to college.
    college costs money.So johnny needs a job.There are no buisnesses willing to open in Johnnys neighborhood, so johnny needs to travel outside the neighborhood even for part time work.
    Two problems.
    1st, johnny doesnt have internet access to place a application, or 2 ,a car to get to work.
    So johnny must spend his limited available resources if he has any, riding the Bus to and from the public libraray and wait his turn just to use a copmputer and hopefully place some apps.
    Then he must make the same commute checking for responses.
    When he gets a hit, he again is on the buses going to interviews.
    When he finally gets a job, it the same thing.
    After 6 months he has enough saved to expect to afford to attend community college.
    Now he is trying to figured out how to navigate to and from his Job and school without being late or missing classes.
    sometimes it works out.sometimes it doesnt.
    sometimes he misses a class, sometimes hes late to work.
    when hes late to work ,he hears it from his boss,
    If he misses class, his grades suffer.
    If hes really, really lucky, he can manage to make both work for 3.5 years to finish his two year degree without getting fired or suspended for academic performance.

    I can continue this scenario all the way on to retirement and the same inequities exist throughout johnnys life.

    Billys family lives in a upper middle class neighborhood.
    When billy graduates, his parents get him a little used car. Nothing special...a honda civic.they put Billy on their INS.
    So Billy surfs the net and finds a job at the starbucks which is about two blocks away from home.
    His dad talks to some of the "good folks" in the neighborhood, and Billy scores himself an upgrade right away,seems dad knows a guy, who knows a guy and now billy has a spot at a shipping Co,manufacturing plant...whatever. Hes making around 13 hr. now.

    So Billy goes to school and work and manages to finish in two years and head on to Ubiversity and I could follow Billys path out into retirement and the same advantages exist every step of the way.
    when billy drives by johnny still waiting for the Bus, he thinks to himself....If only these lazy people would just put a little effort into making something of themselves they wouldnt be in their situation.....

    And its the Liberals that just dont get it(lol)

    Hes born on third and thinks he hit a triple.......

    A little long winded but I agree with the basic point. It does not matter how hard you work. If you need help fir any reason then your a lazy parasite, who doesn't want to do anything!

    I called them on that junk on here weeks ago. I have also noticed that a lot of the conservatives on here many who defended Romney on that crap, are strangely M.I.A from this thread.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,493
    vCash
    5471

    ewing

    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Given that it plays directly into his comments that 47% of Americans are hopeless victim moochers, it's significantly worse. Remember when everyone on the right was telling us Romney didn't really believe those comments? Turns out they were dead wrong, and that's exactly what Romney believes.
    Doesn't sound good in that context
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a cardbroad box under the overpass
    Posts
    3,642
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    the problem gentlemen is the insular bubble of Values that Rs have grown up in.
    There are two kinds of Millionaires.

    the kind that come from wealth, and the kind that through hard work and effort have made it.

    The fist kind,
    grows up in a bubble of security.
    nice roads, clean neigborhoods, nice schools.
    NOW, they work hard...no doubt, and becasue they do, and because EVERYone faces some adversity, they feel that somehow because they have preservered and come out on top, that it is simply a matter of effort.
    They are incapable of seeing any difference in their circumstances as opposed to anyone else becasue,
    #1) it doesnt mesh with the values with which they have been raised
    #2) it diminishes their own efforts.

    It is far easier to look down on others as lazy or undeserving...after all, I had to WALK home from school one time!!!!!
    Good post. This is why I have trouble voting for those who were born rich. They have no concept of what it really means to grow up without a silver spoon in their mouths. They live so far from the a average man, that can't understand how the simpliest things can ruin the average joes' chances for success. Being on the wrong side of the street during a gang shooting, or fired from a company that decided to downsize to max it's shareholder's profits. They have no empathy for the plight of the poor or middle class, because as one rich person has said "Poor people are always in trouble". Often during this political election cycle we heard the reason for their trouble is that they don't have american values or they always looking for hand-outs.

    I will not get into bashing the rich, but I tend to vote for people with the same background as myself. It doesn't mean I will vote for a black man, but for those with similar life experiences. They would understand alittle bit more the cost to the average american when a bill comes across their desk to cut educational aid or elderly care during economical downturns. Every retreat made by the government in social or educational assistances means alot of people are that far away from advancing themselves in this society or just being able to survive.

    God bless Mitt is only talking from his life experiences and social standing. He wants to advance his peer groups goals and desires. He just doesn't have a clue about the rest of us just trying to keep our heads above water.
    Last edited by WES445; 11-15-2012 at 05:49 PM.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,538
    vCash
    1500
    Im not trying to bash the rich either.
    But everyone works hard.this B.S. about people suckling the Govt teat is the kind of lie that the Rt. feeds to its viewers/listeners to sway them to vote for a leadership that doesnt even consider them "on the team".they are patsies.They are driven by anger,hatred,intolerance and the Rt. panders to these feelings and gets votes.
    then the turn around and pass laws that are hurtful to themajority of the vary people who voted for them...and they dont even see it!!!
    This nonsense about harming the "job Creators" in our economy is a perfect example of the foolish lies that Rs believe.

    THE JOB CREATORS ARE THE MIDDLE CLASS CONSUMERS,NOT THE RICH.
    THEY DONT HIRE WHEN THEY HAVE MONEY....they hire when WE have money and we spend it.
    They can have all the money in the world and if no one is spending on the goods or services why the hell would they hire any more workers?
    Why cant some of you figure out the simplest truths that are right in front of your nose....geez!!!

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a cardbroad box under the overpass
    Posts
    3,642
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Im not trying to bash the rich either.
    But everyone works hard.this B.S. about people suckling the Govt teat is the kind of lie that the Rt. feeds to its viewers/listeners to sway them to vote for a leadership that doesnt even consider them "on the team".they are patsies.They are driven by anger,hatred,intolerance and the Rt. panders to these feelings and gets votes.
    then the turn around and pass laws that are hurtful to themajority of the vary people who voted for them...and they dont even see it!!!
    This nonsense about harming the "job Creators" in our economy is a perfect example of the foolish lies that Rs believe.

    THE JOB CREATORS ARE THE MIDDLE CLASS CONSUMERS,NOT THE RICH.
    THEY DONT HIRE WHEN THEY HAVE MONEY....they hire when WE have money and we spend it.
    They can have all the money in the world and if no one is spending on the goods or services why the hell would they hire any more workers?
    Why cant some of you figure out the simplest truths that are right in front of your nose....geez!!!
    Please don't get me wrong, I wasn't accusing you of bashing the rich. I was saiding that for my own sake, so I wouldn't go into a rant about the upper class. You had a very good post.
    Last edited by WES445; 11-15-2012 at 06:06 PM.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a cardbroad box under the overpass
    Posts
    3,642
    vCash
    1500
    On my darkest of days, I believe that the super-rich has been waging class-warfare on the middle class and winning over the last forty years.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,538
    vCash
    1500
    i love to rant

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    41,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    i love to rant
    We know.

    EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,538
    vCash
    1500
    Id be worried if you didnt

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •