Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

O won by giving black,Latino,young voters "big gifts" says mitt

Doug Sovern ‏@SovernNation
    Romney says he "hadn't anticipated" losing, says Obama won by showering black, Latino & young voters with "big gifts": http://nyti.ms/QepNTM

In a conference call on Wednesday afternoon with his national finance committee, Mr. Romney said that the president had followed the “old playbook” of wooing specific interest groups — “especially the African-American community, the Hispanic community and young people,” Mr. Romney explained — with targeted gifts and initiatives.

“In each case they were very generous in what they gave to those groups,” Mr. Romney said.
    “With regards to the young people, for instance, a forgiveness of college loan interest, was a big gift,” he said. “Free contraceptives were very big with young college-aged women. And then, finally, Obamacare also made a difference for them, because as you know, anybody now 26 years of age and younger was now going to be part of their parents’ plan, and that was a big gift to young people. They turned out in large numbers, a larger share in this election even than in 2008.”
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...?smid=tw-share

Fantasy land Mitt lives in

vCash
    Yeah the gift of being treated as equals. Kinda works.

vCash
    Wait.

Wait just a goddamned minute.

You get votes by giving the voters things they want?

I think Mitt Romney may have just cracked the code to winning elections.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Really its time to stop being divisive and help the situation, not complain.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    yeah, and?

Romney ran a losing campaign. He gives some decent reasons why. Is it supposed to be shocking that Obama's platform was incentive laden to his target demographics? Or is it supposed to be shocking that Romney would dare say as much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Wait.

Just in time....

vCash
    Don't run a southern strategy and you might win a national election...its a losing strategy given the cultural and population shift.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Lol
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Wait.

Well it's def not racial to me but I think it's def true you can win by giving things. You can win by giving to the rich you can win by giving to the poor, you can win by giving things to gay dwarfs that only are asexuals (if they are a voting majority). Is the majority that can win an election out for the good of the nation and not themselves?

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Can anyone tell me what exactly he is giving out to them?

Because white people are actually a higher percentage of welfare recipients than they are a percentage of the population. So its not welfare.

It could be the whole DREAM act children thing, but that only applies to children or young people (below maybe 24) who have graduated college or serve in the military. So that isn't a give away.

Unless its a "big gift" to treat people like they are people, I think Romney might be talking out of his *** and as a bitter loser.

vCash
    This seems to be a reoccurring theme in the GOP, a variation of the welfare queen myth. Similar to the rich guy hates the poor myth. or whatever the rich guy myth is. Political parties make up stories about the other side to make them seem less human or less deserving or stupid. It is easier to demonize the other side to rationalize your own bad behavior than see the others as people just like you. Stuff like this says more about the guy that says it than the subjects themselves.

vCash
    Obama promised free stuff at his rallies. Minorities want their food stamps/ welfare checks, women want free contraceptives, and young people want to go to college for free. This is not a traditional America anymore.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan1234 View Post
    Obama promised free stuff at his rallies. Minorities want their food stamps/ welfare checks, women want free contraceptives, and young people want to go to college for free. This is not a traditional America anymore.
    So you want an America where there are slaves? Or you want an America where only men can vote? Maybe you want an America where one does not get to vote for their Senator?

These are all part of traditional America that have been changed. Tradition does not mean being stuck in the road.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Please tell me this is a joke or some sort of gag.

Minorities don't want food stamps unless they are starving.
    Women don't just want free contraceptives (I won't say that people don't want free things - but it doesn't have to do with them being woman).
    Young people fall into the same boat - of course people want free education but they don't expect it.

I beg you to not make these types of terrible and wrong generalizations. Again this is why people (including myself) bad mouth the GOP because they appeal to people who believe this kind of thing.

vCash
    Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast