Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

O won by giving black,Latino,young voters "big gifts" says mitt

Doug Sovern ‏@SovernNation
    Romney says he "hadn't anticipated" losing, says Obama won by showering black, Latino & young voters with "big gifts": http://nyti.ms/QepNTM

In a conference call on Wednesday afternoon with his national finance committee, Mr. Romney said that the president had followed the “old playbook” of wooing specific interest groups — “especially the African-American community, the Hispanic community and young people,” Mr. Romney explained — with targeted gifts and initiatives.

“In each case they were very generous in what they gave to those groups,” Mr. Romney said.
    “With regards to the young people, for instance, a forgiveness of college loan interest, was a big gift,” he said. “Free contraceptives were very big with young college-aged women. And then, finally, Obamacare also made a difference for them, because as you know, anybody now 26 years of age and younger was now going to be part of their parents’ plan, and that was a big gift to young people. They turned out in large numbers, a larger share in this election even than in 2008.”
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...?smid=tw-share

Fantasy land Mitt lives in

vCash
    Yeah the gift of being treated as equals. Kinda works.

vCash
    yeah, and?

Romney ran a losing campaign. He gives some decent reasons why. Is it supposed to be shocking that Obama's platform was incentive laden to his target demographics? Or is it supposed to be shocking that Romney would dare say as much?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Wait.

Wait just a goddamned minute.

You get votes by giving the voters things they want?

I think Mitt Romney may have just cracked the code to winning elections.
    Just in time....

vCash
    Wait.

Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Wait.

Well it's def not racial to me but I think it's def true you can win by giving things. You can win by giving to the rich you can win by giving to the poor, you can win by giving things to gay dwarfs that only are asexuals (if they are a voting majority). Is the majority that can win an election out for the good of the nation and not themselves?

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Are you facking kidding? The guy ran on a platform of "let's drastically cut taxes for me and my friends." He's just pissed off because he didn't have enough friends.
    "There are many reasons the U.S. shouldn’t go to war with the Islamic State — and the best one may be because that is exactly what they want us to do." -- Dan Froomkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Are you facking kidding? The guy ran on a platform of "let's drastically cut taxes for me and my friends." He's just pissed off because he didn't have enough friends.

vCash
    you're such a lib... how dare you claim rich white people want free tax breaks
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash

ewing

Wait.

Gifts was a weird choice of words but your right that pretty much what he said. I fail to see the big deal. Is this more or less offensive then "binders full of women"?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Gifts was a weird choice of words but your right that pretty much what he said. I fail to see the big deal. Is this more or less offensive then "binders full of women"?
    Given that it plays directly into his comments that 47% of Americans are hopeless victim moochers, it's significantly worse. Remember when everyone on the right was telling us Romney didn't really believe those comments? Turns out they were dead wrong, and that's exactly what Romney believes.
    "There are many reasons the U.S. shouldn’t go to war with the Islamic State — and the best one may be because that is exactly what they want us to do." -- Dan Froomkin

vCash

ewing

Given that it plays directly into his comments that 47% of Americans are hopeless victim moochers, it's significantly worse. Remember when everyone on the right was telling us Romney didn't really believe those comments? Turns out they were dead wrong, and that's exactly what Romney believes.
    Doesn't sound good in that context

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Really its time to stop being divisive and help the situation, not complain.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Don't run a southern strategy and you might win a national election...its a losing strategy given the cultural and population shift.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Lol
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast