Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    vCash
    Its a marathon of a season. There will be games the team looks great and some they look terrible. No one player was responsible for this loss when the Nuggets never had a lead in the game. Miami has 2 all stars. The Nuggets have none. In close late game situations the team with the league superstar often will come out on top. The problem for the Nuggets is too much inconsistency. Some nights Gallo and TY will play well and McGee or Miller will not. Other nights it will reverse. The team is deep but to win in the playoffs I really think a trade of quantity for quality will need to be made. This team can win 42-52 games in the regular season but is that the goal? The team is deep enough to package 3-4 good players for a great scorer or dominant big if one becomes available.

vCash
    Well, I was at the game and when Gallo shot the air ball, it just seemed like the crowd deflated. But it was a huge comeback and made for an exciting finish.

Gallo then compounded the poor shot selection by not going for a lose ball which he thought was last touched by Miami.

However, if I was to say who was most disappointing for the Nuggets, it would have to be Ty. He had a very quiet night.

But on the plus side, McGee played very well, Faried was a beast, miller showed he can still produce when the pace is not suiting the nuggets style and JHam showed glimpses of his ability to score.

Why McGee wasn't on the court at the end is still a mystery as he was making the joint rock. The crowd definitely appreciated his effort.

And another night of poor free throw shooting. Second game against Miami which Denver had a chance to win. Disappointing loss but still believe this team is far from reaching it's potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    My point has been that Ty has tried to be aggressive (not ""Ty's not being aggressive because he's short" as you *paraphrase* it), but it hasn't worked because of his height. It's seemin more as a fact, than it is an excuse.
    And I will continue to say that he is not being aggressive enough. Your point links together with him being short and, with him being short, his shot tends to get blocked more often. When his shot gets blocked multiple times...Ty shuts down for the rest of the game and stops being aggressive. Limited skill set or not, I don't believe Ty is being aggressive enough. Just because he picks and chooses spots to run..doesn't mean he is really "trying" to be aggressive, just imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    And I will continue to say that he is not being aggressive enough. Your point links together with him being short and, with him being short, his shot tends to get blocked more often. When his shot gets blocked multiple times...Ty shuts down for the rest of the game and stops being aggressive. Limited skill set or not, I don't believe Ty is being aggressive enough. Just because he picks and chooses spots to run..doesn't mean he is really "trying" to be aggressive, just imo.
    Well, when he does get aggressive, he gets called for a charge--and everybody criticizes him for it. I believe Ty has been aggressive, and in his attempts--the defense has been able to read his moves. Maybe if he learns to start knocking shots down again, that'll open up the driving lanes for him to be successful in his aggressiveness--by keeping the defense off guard.

vCash
    So in order to be aggressive you have to run directly into someone?? That was the case against the Heat. Poor knowledge of the scouting report by Ty. Everybody and their momma knows that Battier is a wiz at taking charges. And he runs directly into him, I saw that coming a mile away. The only one who apparently didn't know was Ty.

Ty still lets any charge/blocked shot affect his game. You can't do that..especially after getting the contract you just got. He still doesn't know just how important he is to the club...when Ty goes, we have a great chance to win the game against anybody. I fully believe in that. When he doesn't, it's a struggle.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021