Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    vCash
    I wish I can play some of yall at basketball...Some of yall sound like you never played the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Gallo is the easy cop out. It was a Corey Brewer type shot and was unbelievably pathetic...no doubt about it.

There were so many other pathetic *** ******** plays though, it's tough to pin it up on one guy. That's why they call it a team sport.
    true. But if anyone watched nuggs ball would notice that Gallo, although he shot bad, was productive on the boards/assists. This performance was atrocious. No heart and never looked to pass/be aggressive in his shot. His speed gets this team going on the fast break. There was two fast breaks that ty screwed up because he got scared. He didn't even attack Bosh one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_NUGGETS View Post
    Why dont you quote, and address me directly..

Lawson is what, 5 foot 10 or 5 foot 11? I don't know what game you was watching, but Lawson was getting blocked--blocked........................................... ..and blocked again. Is it because Lawson wasn't being aggresive enough?????????? Or is it, that he is a small player--and teams have seen enough FILM of lawsons layup moves to counteract how he drives on players??

I observed Lawson running, I observed Lawson driving, I observed Lawson slashing and trying to facilitate--but nothing was working--because his **** is predictable now!
    qouting takes longer lol

Don't know what game you were watching. Lawson did not look to falicitate or drive at allllllll. He took the ball everytime down the court and just gave it to miller or iggy. He didn't set up plays or anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I agree. Someone needs to light a fire under this team. Whether its a proven vet like Iggy or Miller, or if its McGee. Lawson has no expression, nor Gallo either. I wish Karl could wake this team up. This might be sad to say, but getting blownout might help. Bench players, let the players that are performing play (McGee, Hamilton). Only positives right now, McGee, Faried, and its early in the year.
    Isn't that the coaches responsibility? I don't think Karl gives very good pep talks...maybe to the media every now and then..but to his team...meh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    qouting takes longer lol

Don't know what game you were watching. Lawson did not look to falicitate or drive at allllllll. He took the ball everytime down the court and just gave it to miller or iggy. He didn't set up plays or anything.
    No, I know you are objectively wrong and just talking **** now...Bceause I saw with my own eyes that Lawson was trying a times, but he's predictable now. You take Lawson's speed away at his small height, and he has nothing he can do but pass or be a spot up shooter.

I saw times, were Lawson coulda took shots--but was being too stupidly unselfish...I'm not trying speak positive of Lawson whatsoever--he's ****ing pathetic right now--but i've played basketball at his height, against bigger players, so I know what the hell he is dealing with out there!! He's gotta make lots of adjustments to his gameplay, so he isn't so predicatble on the scouting reports.

vCash
    I wish I can play some of yall at basketball...Some of yall sound like you never played the game.
    you call it never play the game..but maybe it's a difference of opinion?? I find it that theses type of comments usually come from those who don't like their opinion refuted kinda defeats the purpose of a forum if that's the case.

vCash
    you call it never play the game..but maybe it's a difference of opinion?? I find it that theses type of comments usually come from those who don't like their opinion refuted kinda defeats the purpose of a forum if that's the case.
    It is difference opinion..And some opinions come from people who talk ****--but probably never been in a similary situation, on a court, with a ball in their hand--to understand why some mistakes are made, and why players at certain heights (such as Lawson) are limited in what they can do..if they persisten on playing the same way everytime.

Yall think Lawson can just run by defenders every game, and body a player up in mid-air and get a layup each game...NO...Teams are finding ways to pevent a "Lawson dunking on Mbenga" highlight....

...I saw Lawson running his fastest on a fastbreak, tryig to do what he normally does--but Bosh was already running his longstride full speed ahead of Lawson, and was already getting set up cause a charge on Lawson, if Lawson would've attempted to go up and body on him........Thats where I finally realized--THAT TEAMS ARE ONTO Lawsons slick ****...they watch film, they do mathematics, and they are tkaing the game right out of Lawsons contol.

Of course, theres things Lawson can do better...Better ways to open shots...I saw many times were he was hesitant on taking shots, and was ****ing weak at moving the ball. But no way, am I gonna sit here and let people talk like Lawson didn't try at some points in the game--because he did--and wasn't able to execute, because his heigh disadvantage!

vCash
    First of all there is no **** talking going on lol. Second, this is the NBA. Players like Lawson or any other small player don't use their height as an excuse. I have seen numerous times Lawson being blocked (because of his height), but that does not mean you should sag off. Believe it or not I actually have played basketball. That doesn't mean anything. These guys are pros. Faried is undersized right? Look at him.

You don't have to score to be effective. I have stated that earlier, possibly indirectly if you did not notice. Gallo didn't score much in the first games but he was effective with his rebounding. Ty is at his best when he attacks the paint, putting pressure on the defense to collapse on him so that ty can look to have a couple of options (not just shooting but also passing).

vCash
    he did have 8 assists but most of them weren't off him being aggressive offensively. He got a couple of the fast break and from Miller making shots.

vCash
    First of all there is no **** talking going on lol. Second, this is the NBA. Players like Lawson or any other small player don't use their height as an excuse. I have seen numerous times Lawson being blocked (because of his height), but that does not mean you should sag off. Believe it or not I actually have played basketball. That doesn't mean anything. These guys are pros. Faried is undersized right? Look at him.

You don't have to score to be effective. I have stated that earlier, possibly indirectly if you did not notice. Gallo didn't score much in the first games but he was effective with his rebounding. Ty is at his best when he attacks the paint, putting pressure on the defense to collapse on him so that ty can look to have a couple of options (not just shooting but also passing).
    What good are those options of collapsing a defense and passing out--if your shooters keep missing? I saw Lawson driving, slashing and passing, but it didnt work....Why? ...I saw it with my own eyes--or am I the delusional one now?

My theory for why it didnt work...is because Ty Lawsons game is predictable now, and he has to develop new skill sets to confuse defenses again. If you dont SCORE, then you become even more predictable!

vCash
    Too easy of an excuse. "Ty's not being aggressive because he's short" that's pretty much the jist of it. Lame. it must suck for all the other short PG's in the NBA as well.

There's no doubt that when Ty gets his shot blocked he becomes more and more passive and starts attacking only in golden fast break chances...that's not really being all that aggressive..just moving in transition.

Lets just say that it's no surprise that Ty's best game this season (against Houston) came when he never got his shot blocked.The moment he tries a couple of times to attack and gets his shot blocked a couple of times..forget it...it's shut down mode. Don't take my word for it though, ask around Nuggets nation.

vCash
    Too easy of an excuse. "Ty's not being aggressive because he's short" that's pretty much the jist of it. Lame. it must suck for all the other short PG's in the NBA as well.

There's no doubt that when Ty gets his shot blocked he becomes more and more passive and starts attacking only in golden fast break chances...that's not really being all that aggressive..just moving in transition.

Lets just say that it's no surprise that Ty's best game this season (against Houston) came when he never got his shot blocked.The moment he tries a couple of times to attack and gets his shot blocked forget...it's shut down mode.

My point has been that Ty has tried to be aggressive (not ""Ty's not being aggressive because he's short" as you *paraphrase* it), but it hasn't worked because of his height. It's seemin more as a fact, than it is an excuse.

vCash
    What good are those options of collapsing a defense and passing out--if your shooters keep missing? I saw Lawson driving, slashing and passing, but it didnt work....Why? ...I saw it with my own eyes--or am I the delusional one now?

My theory for why it didnt work...is because Ty Lawsons game is predictable now, and he has to develop new skill sets to confuse defenses again. If you dont SCORE, then you become even more predictable!
    That is this teams problem. For some reason we have gone from a great 3 point shooting team and an awful rebounding team to a great rebounding team and horrible 3 point shooting team. Once Karl plays Chandler and Jham more, hopefully those problems can be fixed. Oh and we have to be a better at defending the 3 ball. We freaking suck at that.

I have to agree with ty developing more. I always wanted to see Ty develop a crossover. He has to get better at creating his own shot and developing a better pick and rolll game with BOTH Mcgee/Faried. Miller has got it down with Mcgee but Ty needs to develop that chemistry with him so he can start.

vCash
    My point has been that Ty has tried to be aggressive (not ""Ty's not being aggressive because he's short" as you *paraphrase* it), but it hasn't worked because of his height. It's seemin more as a fact, than it is an excuse.
    I don't buy that. Ty just has been really slow this year and low in confidence. He is shooting 50% from the free throw line for crying out loud. And if that is really the case, then the guy has to learn something from other small guys like boykins, Iverson (small and took hits every game and played his heart out), chris paul, etc.
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 11-16-2012 at 03:29 AM.

vCash
    I don't buy that. Ty just has been really slow this year and low in confidence. He is shooting 50% from the free throw line for crying out loud. And if that is really the case, then the guy has to learn something from other small guys like boykins, Iverson (small and took hits every game and played his heart out), chris paul, etc.

What has Boykins did or do, that was of all-star caliber? Lawson has been done passed the level of Boykins...I never seen Boykins do what Lawson has done already...Boykins was good at shooting.

A.I. and Chris Paul are both 6 footers ...There's a difference between a couple of inches--trust me! Lawson needs to develop new skillsets, because his current repertoire and moves are predicatble...A.I. and Chris Paul can do many things, because they adjust to what the defense were, and is throwing at them.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast