Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He needs to shut up and tweet the cure to HIV

Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

vCash
    Magic has his opinion just like people on PSD have theirs... A lot of Laker fans hate the D'Antoni hiring and some Laker fans think that it's a pretty good choice... It is what it is. If the Lakers start winning then Magic will have to eat crow, but if the Lakers start getting their ***** handed to them, then Magic is going to look like a StarBucks, Movie Theater owning GENIUS... None of us knows how this is going to turn out, including Magic... All we have to judge any of this on is past accomplishments so all any of us can do is wait and see and hope for the best for our team.... It's like a whole lot of people are waiting to say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!", one way or another....

vCash
    I don't blame Magic for saying that at all. He's a true Laker legend and still cares enough about the team to see them do well and be the best. You can't really argue against a coach that's had the same rate of success as Phil Jackson, especially since he's the most successful coach of all time..
    He's coached the 2 best shooting guards ever to a total of 11 titles. The chances of us winning with him again become very real. With D'Antoni, it could really go either way, although there's not many other teams with the talent the Lakers have and odds are he should do a pretty good job. We're really lucky to have had the off-season we had and signed Nash/Howard.
    I know Howard is the most important piece but to this day, I am still counting my blessings as far as Nash coming to the Lakers. Not everyone realizes just how much he brings to the table.. can't wait for him to be back and healthy and watch him play for his former head coach and the offense he's accustomed to. It was bothering me a whole lot seeing him and the others try to learn the Princeton. None of us have the patience, those who are associated with LA.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    Looks like even the greatest Laker of all time agrees with me. Funny how some on here insult me and even question my fanhood when I say such things.

vCash
    Any huge Kobe fans here? Any of you Kobe fans also Magic haters? Well, 20 years from now, if we're all still here, you might find yourself on some forum having to listen to people - some who didn't even see him play - talk constant unwarranted **** about your hero Kobe... that he's a traitor, a fraud, wants the Lakers to lose, is jealous, has lost his LA privileges (lol) etc... like we are seeing some people do to Magic now... all because he's not afraid to be objective and speak his mind. Makes me ****ing sick. Hopefully if that happens you'll remember when you were doing the same thing to Magic. Believe me, right or wrong, Magic wants the Lakers to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mekedubs View Post
    Magic has his opinion just like people on PSD have theirs... A lot of Laker fans hate the D'Antoni hiring and some Laker fans think that it's a pretty good choice.
    Thats all fine and dandy. We all have our opinions, and should respect each others. But when people on here start telling me that I'm not a real Laker fan just because I feel Jim Buss is a moron for not hiring Phil, thats what I take issue with.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean that it's ok to use hasty generalizations..."If you question Jim Buss, than your not a real fan". That is just childish Bull **** and border line fascism. I want this team to win just as much as the next guy.

I just feel that I should have the right to speak my mind even if I don't happen to agree with the decisions that the person in power is making.
    Last edited by amos1er; 11-14-2012 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Any huge Kobe fans here? Any of you Kobe fans also Magic haters? Well, 20 years from now, if we're all still here, you might find yourself on some forum having to listen to people - some who didn't even see him play - talk constant unwarranted **** about your hero Kobe... that he's a traitor, a fraud, wants the Lakers to lose, is jealous, has lost his LA privileges (lol) etc... like we are seeing some people do to Magic now... all because he's not afraid to be objective and speak his mind. Makes me ****ing sick. Hopefully if that happens you'll remember when you were doing the same thing to Magic. Believe me, right or wrong, Magic wants the Lakers to win.

Well said.

Some of the crap I have seen posted on here in the past few days has truly made me sick.

Also, closing my poll thread for no good reason other than some people not happening to agree with my opinion is just plain disgraceful. I thought this was a free country and we all had the right to speak our minds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    Thats all fine and dandy. We all have our opinions, and should respect each others. But when people on here start telling me that I'm not a real Laker fan just because I feel Jim Buss is a moron for not hiring Phil, thats what I take issue with.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean that it's ok to use hasty generalizations..."If you question Jim Buss, than your not a real fan". That is just childish Bull **** and border line fascism. I want this team to win just as much as the next guy.

I just feel that I should have the right to speak my mind if I don't happen to agree with the decisions that the person in power is making.
    Dude, I actually agree with Magic and the other Laker fans who think D'Antoni was a terrible choice but
    again, that's just my opinion... I too get insulted and talked about when I don't agree with others on this sight so believe me, I know how you feel... For the life of me I don't see how you pass on the winningest coach of all time IN ANY MODERN DAY PROFESSIONAL SPORT and go with D'Antoni... That's like if the Dallas Cowboys had a coaching vacancy, and Lombardi was available and they decide to go with Herm Edwards....
    Last edited by mekedubs; 11-14-2012 at 11:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    I thought this was a free country and we all had the right to speak our minds.
    Not too intelligent are you?

This website is private property and can be run any damn way the owner(s) wish it to be.

You sound like a 6 year old with the "it's a free country..."

What I've posted has nothing to do with your opinions as a Laker fan though. Don't think I'm trying to discredit your opinions about the team's status.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Really? Thank goodness the Lakers didn't believe in this when they hired Pat Riley.
    Pat Riley had won championships at multiple levels as a player

What has Dantoni ever won?

Probably not the best example

vCash
    The thing that puzzles me are the Laker players

1. We are all behind Mike Brown

2. We love Phil

3. D Antoni is the perfect coach

Jim Buss has got all the lakers players towing the corporate line.... It's Stepford Wives spooky.... I've been waiting for at least one Laker player to have Phil's back, and nada

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

2 Olympic Gold medals who's offensive expertise meshed together the individual talent leading to the offensive attack of team USA in 08 and 2012.

vCash

And if memory serves me correctly, Pat Riley went from the broadcast booth in LA, to an assistant on that 1980 championship team before finally becoming the head coach... Minus the broadcast portion, that's almost the same path Brian Shaw would have taken if he had also gotten the head coaching job...

vCash

Now, now, you know full well that Riles was a role player AT BEST in his playing career -- and he's never said anything different. When Riles got hired to coach the Lakers there were at least as many people doing this and this as there are with D'Antoni.

(One of the main reasons Riles stuck with Spoelstra despite the near universal calls to fire him was because Riley remembered his own rise to success.)

There are no great championship-winning coaches who did not also have great players to win those titles. D'Antoni's never had a roster like this, so let's see what he can do with it. If he stinks, he stinks. But I honestly don't think he's going to stink. (For reference: Brown stunk.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    The thing that puzzles me are the Laker players

1. We are all behind Mike Brown

2. We love Phil

3. D Antoni is the perfect coach

Jim Buss has got all the lakers players towing the corporate line.... It's Stepford Wives spooky.... I've been waiting for at least one Laker player to have Phil's back, and nada
    What do expect them to say? Coming in I think the lack of support from the team started him off in the negative. I think at least with the players he starts out in a better place. That and having a clear idea of what he wants to do. I don't exactly agree with the hire but what can you do? Some people are saying the lakers should have hired b. shaw. He's done far less than mike D.

The lost boys

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast