Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    2 Olympic Gold medals who's offensive expertise meshed together the individual talent leading to the offensive attack of team USA in 08 and 2012.

OMFG

These are accomplishments for a guy who has been a head coach FOREVER

Seriously dude this has to be a joke. This is your argument?

Point in fact ... He did not win a gold medal (I know you are a stickler for facts) just wanted to make sure that you didn't spread any misinformation.

vCash
    I have a feeling it's gonna be a long season.....

I hope I'm wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

OMFG

These are accomplishments for a guy who has been a head coach FOREVER

Seriously dude this has to be a joke. This is your argument?

Point in fact ... He did not win a gold medal (I know you are a stickler for facts) just wanted to make sure that you didn't spread any misinformation.
    Dude, let's just give D'Antoni his airspace and let's sit back and see how this develops.

We all want this team to do well and win a championship. Let's give them so airspace to get it together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane v View Post
    I have a feeling it's gonna be a long season.....

I hope I'm wrong
    Somehow I don't think you hope to be wrong lol

The truth is painful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laker Legend42 View Post
    Somehow I don't think you hope to be wrong lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Dude, let's just give D'Antoni his airspace and let's sit back and see how this develops.

We all want this team to do well and win a championship. Let's give them so airspace to get it together.
    About what I expected

I have said nothing about Dantoni and the lakers ... Only pointed out that using riles for comparison purposes to Dantoni is absurd

Try and stay focused on the ACTUAL discussion for once. I know it is hard

vCash
    I don't understand all of the criticism of Magic all he said is that he is disappointed and that he has nothing nice to say about this decision. Magic is entitled to his opinion just like everyone on this board the only difference is Magic has helped to bring 5 titles to L.A.
    Thanks for the memories Dr. Buss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    About what I expected

I have said nothing about Dantoni and the lakers ... Only pointed out that using riles for comparison purposes to Dantoni is absurd

Try and stay focused on the ACTUAL discussion for once. I know it is hard
    Oh totally agree. Two way different situations and different personalities and coaching approaches as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCLaker View Post
    I don't understand all of the criticism of Magic all he said is that he is disappointed and that he has nothing nice to say about this decision. Magic is entitled to his opinion just like everyone on this board the only difference is Magic has helped to bring 5 titles to L.A.
    Exactly!!!

vCash
    I love Magic and after watching the Lakers for 4 decades, I believe he is still the greatest Laker of all time. However, in this debate, I disagree with him.

I think the Lakers main problem is their offense. I think they will be fine defensively as long as they don't keep cheating towards the middle and leaving 3 point shooters wide open. D'Antoni hopefully will improve their spacing and make their offense flow smoother. I'm actually hoping for Showtime II. Not being able to beat a team that scored 84 points is almost inexcusable, and I hope D'Antoni fixes that.

So, I think Magic is wrong, but only at the end of the season will anyone know who was right. Look at Artest. Everyone wanted Artest but I pointed out that I would have tried to keep Ariza and not signed Artest. In that first year, the Lakers won the championship with Artest playing his best game in game 7 of the championship series against the Celtics and everyone who supported him smelled like roses and I admitted I was wrong. Two years later, as it turns out I was right because Artest has been nothing but a brick laying machine since that game and the Lakers would have benefitted more from Ariza's youth and versatility in the past two years. Point is, no one really knows who is right until maybe years later, though I think some things like the Mike Brown hiring being a mistake was clearly evident. Anyways, I don't understand why some would villify the Greatest Laker of All-Time just because he didn't agree with management's decision. I'm actually glad he speaks his mind. I think that makes him a better fan than those who blindly follow a team and not point out the team's deficiencies, because it is in identifying weaknesses and fixing them that a team rises to the top instead of miring in mediocrity.

vCash
    Great.. They're highlighting Magic's comments about this on Sportscenter.

Way to go.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Magic is like a Republican. Now he can spend the next couple of years complaining and second guessing and picking Miami and OKC and the Spurs over the Lakers every.single.game plus the playoffs.

who cares??

vCash
    the gist is, the hiring process was handled badly, it has been going on for a while, with the way they treated brian shaw, then mike brown, now pj, not to mention the numerous employees let go during the lock out.... it's their team they can hire whoever they want.....but like pj said, things could have been handled cleaner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
    Not too intelligent are you?
    Pointless ad Hominem insult.

This website is private property and can be run any damn way the owner(s) wish it to be.
    I don't recall breaking any terms of use conditions. All I did was offer a contrary opinion to that of a few select members who *****ed and whined to close my thread because they personally didn't like it.

I've been posting here since 2006 and it's news to me that mods could randomly close a thread without giving a valid reason. Or any reason at all for that matter.

FYI, it wasn't the "owner(s) who closed my thread or anyone acting on their behalf for that matter, it was some random mod who failed to explain how I broke the terms and conditions of this website.

It's news to me that mods all of the sudden have the power to close any thread they deem fit without good reason. Perhaps this site needs more checks and balances in relation to the power a mod has.

How would you feel if a mod just randomly deleted your last post and didn't give you a reason other than they felt like it? Would you still be spouting your "private property" defense if that were that case?

Even in the context of private property, one cannot just to whatever they wish as if they are a king or a queen. They must still adhere to a set of rules that have been previously set. I violated none of those.

You sound like a 6 year old with the "it's a free country..."
    lol... Contextomy fallacy. My reasoning was much more intricate than simply stating "it's a free country".

I find it humorous that you refer to me a six year old, yet your the one who is attacking me with a flurry of childish ad hominem insults. How ironic.

Oh no, the dreaded face palm.

What I've posted has nothing to do with your opinions as a Laker fan though. Don't think I'm trying to discredit your opinions about the team's status.
    Your disclaimer is much appreciated.

If only the mods on this site could convey that level of respect...
    Last edited by amos1er; 11-15-2012 at 05:51 AM.

vCash
    How quickly they forget. Phil's the only coach to bring a championship to the town in the past two decades....yet they treat him with such utter disrespect. Championship coaches do not grow on trees and he happens to be the winningest coach in NBA history. And, he's done it with different squads with very high strung personalities. Yeah, Magic feels saddened by the news. Of course, he and Phil are the select few who can share the feeling of being directly responsible for winning multiple championships. Now, Mitch and management want to smeer Phil's name and make him look bad for waiting a whole 2 days to make his decision. It's a major commitment and he was taking it seriously. And, quite frankly with what he has accomplished and brought to the town, he earned it. Mitch's new spin sounds insane and pretty disingenous. Mitch had said they were supposedly going to court Phil. Phil comes to understand that he would have until Monday. If this trio felt that D'antoni was the better fit, then they should have gone to D'antoni first. And the new spin that oh Phil hesitated? He had a whole two days, over the weekend for a long term commitment. That's just down right insulting. Mitch and managment are lying. They gave Phil the impression that he had two days. And, I did not see the groundswell of D'antoni backers before what transpired here on Sunday. Almost everyone was chanting for Phil. To now pretned that D'antoni is the better hire is just bogus. Phil's a hall of fame coach with 11 championships. He's a legend. There's no other coach on the market with his resume and he's been sitting here on the shelf for the Lakers organization. At the very least, they should have never burned that bridge. What if D'antoni doesn't work out? Is there another 11 championship coach out there? It was handled terribly.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast