Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimos21 View Post
    Ok nm. It is obvious everyone is overlooking my point about the Dodgers and the hypocrisy of Magic's statement.

I love Magic, and he will always be my 2nd fav Laker (behind Kobe...prob would be ahead of Kobe if I was 10 years older). And I don't disagree with him or dislike what he says. I always love listening to him talk. I just think the hypocrisy is funny because the Dodgers have an unproven manager and he is an owner of the Dodgers.
    how many owners do the Dodgers have?

vCash
    So Magic is upset the Lakers hired a coach who hasn't won a championship.

I love Magic, but sometimes he puzzles me. Magic has no control over the coach of the Lakers. You know what he does have control over? DON MATTINGLY! That guy has ZERO championships.

Magic can't get mad at the Lakers for not hiring Phil, unless he hires La Russa to replace Mattingly.
    He doesn't even have control over that. Magic is a big phony nowadays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
    Ya, he'll wait 'til they're doing well before he gives his endorsement or says nice things, but if they're not doing well, he'll pounce right on them with the criticisms. Been getting tired of Magic since about, what, 2011?
    Longer than that for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. NBA View Post
    Magic is right though. If you want championships you go with a proven coach.
    Really? Thank goodness the Lakers didn't believe in this when they hired Pat Riley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. NBA View Post
    how many owners do the Dodgers have?
    More than the Lakers...haha. And soon they will own 40% of the Lakers.

I know where you are going with this, I am just trying to have some fun in this thread with "proven coaches" across sports. But you are going to go all serious on me and tell me that Magic has no control over the Dodgers, he is just a figurehead , yada yada. I get that, but where's the fun in that?

vCash
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I just dont understand how Magic can apply that logic to basketball, but not baseball, especially when he has say over baseball and NOT basketball decisions...lol. Dodgers need LaRussa!
    Magic Johnson is the Grand Marshal of the Dodger parade. That is all he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    Magic Johnson is the Grand Marshal of the Dodger parade. That is all he is.
    I hope Magic Johnson hires proven Managers at his Starbucks!

I'm joking people, I know he doesnt have control over baseball decisions. He probably doesnt even have control over Starbucks (if he even owns any of them anymore).

vCash
    who cares, d'antoni is our coach now. deal with it
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    Magic gets paid to talk...So that's what he is doing talking. I pay about as much attention to what he says as much as I do with Skip Bayless and S.A.Smith!

vCash
    Magic is a moron

vCash
    People crapping on Magic should be embarrassed to call themselves Laker fans.
    Magic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> You and your worthless opinions.

vCash
    Magic needs to shut up. He really gets on my nerves. One of my favorite lakers ever but I almost can't stand to hear him speak now.

The truth is painful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    People crapping on Magic should be embarrassed to call themselves Laker fans.
    Magic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> You and your worthless opinions.
    Why? I give him all the respect as a PLAYER. Not much now. Magic is a high priced prostitute. He will attach his name to anything that makes him money then tags it as something he's doing for " the community". Companies call on him when they want to attract the black community because they know people will follow that name. He backs companies like rent a center and nix check cashing. Two of the largest rip offs in the city. Instead of telling people to open a checking account instead of paying to cash a check. Magic was also partnered with Washington mutual when they started opening those home centers. A lot of those people loss their homes. Magic is out for magic. That's cool but don't act like you care about "the community"

The truth is painful

vCash
    This is how rigorously logical Magic Johnson is being about the D'Antoni hire:

"The Lakers need a championship caliber coach," he tweeted. "Feel bad for Coach Mike Brown, who's a great guy, but don't think he was the right guy for the job in the first place. I'd love to see Phil Jackson or Brian Shaw. Wish Pat Riley was available."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...-jackson-coach
    Brian Shaw is not a championship caliber coach.

He's not even a head coach.

He's not even a former college coach.

As far as I know, Brian Shaw has never coached a team in his life.

If we're going to name "championship caliber coaches" I can see how you'd start with Phil and end with Riles, but I don't quite get how you sandwich B. Shaw between them.

vCash
    Magic needed people to watch espn tonight

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast