Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Magic Johnson has nothing good to say about D'Antoni hiring, mourns over no Phil

Earvin Magic Johnson
    @MagicJohnson
    The reason I haven't tweeted in 2 days is because I've been mourning Phil Jackson not being hired as the Lakers head coach.
    My mother always taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

vCash
    well.... that sucks. I know Magic is some what controversial in the things he says about the Lakers but I expected him of all people to at least show support...

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Magic being Magic

vCash
    I said this a couple of days ago: Magic went all-in on Phil, both leading and profiting from the groundswell of sentiment for the old coach. He can't suddenly flip the switch or people will turn on him, too.

So...being Magic...he'll try to keep a low profile until they're winning, probably next spring, then he'll flash his big businessman, daddy-bucks smile and say he's really happy that things are looking good, although of course he still feels bad for Phil.

vCash
    So Magic is upset the Lakers hired a coach who hasn't won a championship.

I love Magic, but sometimes he puzzles me. Magic has no control over the coach of the Lakers. You know what he does have control over? DON MATTINGLY! That guy has ZERO championships.

Magic can't get mad at the Lakers for not hiring Phil, unless he hires La Russa to replace Mattingly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimos21 View Post
    So Magic is upset the Lakers hired a coach who hasn't won a championship.

I love Magic, but sometimes he puzzles me. Magic has no control over the coach of the Lakers. You know what he does have control over? DON MATTINGLY! That guy has ZERO championships.

Magic can't get mad at the Lakers for not hiring Phil, unless he hires La Russa to replace Mattingly.
    He doesn't even have control over that. Magic is a big phony nowadays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    I said this a couple of days ago: Magic went all-in on Phil, both leading and profiting from the groundswell of sentiment for the old coach. He can't suddenly flip the switch or people will turn on him, too.

So...being Magic...he'll try to keep a low profile until they're winning, probably next spring, then he'll flash his big businessman, daddy-bucks smile and say he's really happy that things are looking good, although of course he still feels bad for Phil.
    Ya, he'll wait 'til they're doing well before he gives his endorsement or says nice things, but if they're not doing well, he'll pounce right on them with the criticisms. Been getting tired of Magic since about, what, 2011?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
    Ya, he'll wait 'til they're doing well before he gives his endorsement or says nice things, but if they're not doing well, he'll pounce right on them with the criticisms. Been getting tired of Magic since about, what, 2011?
    Seems like all these Lakers alums on TV like to pounce on them (or the FO). What's up with that? Rick Fox is the only one that doesnt like to bash the Lakers or their FO. And he only makes cameo appearances on sports media.

I can tell that TWCSportsNet basically told Rambis and Worthy not to bash the Lakers too much, and not to bash D'Antoni at all on their network.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
    Longer than that for me.

vCash
    Magic is right though. If you want championships you go with a proven coach. But really, Magic should tell this to Jim Buss in his face.

Or maybe Magic and Phil Jackson can now tag team in this WWE match.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. NBA View Post
    Magic is right though. If you want championships you go with a proven coach. But really, Magic should tell this to Jim Buss in his face.

You mean like the Heat last year?

Or Dallas the year before that?

And didn't we have Phil coaching the team the year before that, when we didn't win a title?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post

You mean like the Heat last year?

Or Dallas the year before that?

And didn't we have Phil coaching the team the year before that, when we didn't win a title?

Where would Dr. Jack Ramsey be if the criteria for being a great coach meant you had to win a title? How about Doc Rivers? Give me a break! Many coaches are using some of D'Antoni's offensive schemes in their playbooks.

Many of you are forgetting how many new faces are on this team. It would be much harder for these new players to grasp the triangle than it would for them to grasp D'Antoni's system. Nash had his best seasons under him, and Dwight knows the pick-and-roll under Van Gundy's system.

I was excited about the thought of Phil coming in...but I'm more optimistic about D'Antoni than I ever was about Mike Brown. Magic says a lot of things the wrong way. He even went about the Mike Brown thing wrong last season. Time to sit back and let the show begin!
    These youngstas are not ready to receive the torch yet!!! BLACK MAMBA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissinShowtime View Post
    I was excited about the thought of Phil coming in...but I'm more optimistic about D'Antoni than I ever was about Mike Brown. Magic says a lot of things the wrong way. He even went about the Mike Brown thing wrong last season. Time to sit back and let the show begin!
    Yup.
    Avatar will not change until the Angels reach .500
    thanks to popo85 for sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LightUpTheHalo View Post
    Yup.
    He says mike brown is a great coach but wasn't right for the team. That sounds dumb .

The lost boys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. NBA View Post

So why is Mattingly the manager of the Dodgers?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast