Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Jerry, has an owner-NOT GM, is great?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think jerry, STRICTLY HAS AN OWNER, NOT GM, IS GREAT

13 100.00%
  • I think jerry, STRICTLY HAS AN OWNER, NOT GM, sucks.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hypothetical

vCash

hypothetical

I know everyone here but me hates jerry. But i thought it was agreed, that jerry the owner is outstanding, maybe one of the best in sports..

is that what you guys think? that jerry the owner is top in the league,
    but jerry the gm is the worst in all of sports?

that to me, is what people are saying..

am i correct, or do most of you also think jerry, strictly has an owner, sucks has well...

( try and seperate the two, owner, gm, for this discussion only.)

just curious. thanks.

edit---

i think jerry is a great gm. but i dont want one of those "threads". I already know alot of people dont like him...

so, to clarify, if you vote great owner, that doesnt mean you do/or dont like him has a gm.
    if you vote terrible owner, that does not mean you do/dont like him has gm.

nothing to do with gm.. throw that out.

im going to vote great owner.. i still think he is great gm...

so, this thread, no barring on gm abilities. thanks.
    Last edited by rawz; 11-14-2012 at 09:18 PM.

vCash
    Jerry should take a lesson from another Dallas owner and we'd all love him. If he was more like Cuban and a huge fanatic who placed a vote in decisions instead of beig a dictator we'd be so much better off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbs View Post
    Jerry should take a lesson from another Dallas owner and we'd all love him. If he was more like Cuban and a huge fanatic who placed a vote in decisions instead of beig a dictator we'd be so much better off.
    This.

vCash
    right now im disgusted with everyone except ebbs....

ebbs, great job.

everyone else, come on.. 31 views, and 1 vote, which is from ebbs... come on man.

vCash
    I didn't vote because I think Jerry is a great owner and great gm... any top notch free agent out there, the cowboys will always be involved as a possible landing spot... we have the best stadium, he puts damn good players on the field, could do a little better with the coaching, but garrett isn't the worst coach out there, too bad we didn't have better fans but that's for another coversation..Jerry is awesome, he is own person, he loves the cowboys with a passion...the cowboys have just had bad luck... people talk like its easy to win a ring... it's not easy.

vCash
    I think Jerry is a marketing genius. I believe he is a great owner who allows his ego to get in the way sometimes.
    As a GM he is ok. The past few drafts have been solid and solidifying our CB position this offseason was huge. I just don't agree for resigning players to contracts they aren't worth.

vCash
    Jj might be the best owner in all sports when it comes to marketing and making money. He's is probably one of the worst gms tho. Ebbs makes a fantastic point. I hate Cuban because he's a ****ing loudmouth but he is great at everything he does. He ALWAYS keeps the mavs competitive. I thought for sure they'd be at the bottom of the league this year, especially while dirk is out, but they have been rather surprising. He doesn't really make the big splashes that jj tries to make, but in the end he pulls off some great deals (trading for chandler, and signing mayo come to mind) and he lets Carlisle do is thing instead of being right there in his ear, telling him who he should play, what plays they should run ect. Ala Jerry jones. As much as I hate Cuban, I respect the **** out if him because he knows how to do the job the right way.

titties

vCash
    edited main post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auseranami View Post
    Jj might be the best owner in all sports when it comes to marketing and making money. He's is probably one of the worst gms tho. Ebbs makes a fantastic point. I hate Cuban because he's a ****ing loudmouth but he is great at everything he does. He ALWAYS keeps the mavs competitive. I thought for sure they'd be at the bottom of the league this year, especially while dirk is out, but they have been rather surprising. He doesn't really make the big splashes that jj tries to make, but in the end he pulls off some great deals (trading for chandler, and signing mayo come to mind) and he lets Carlisle do is thing instead of being right there in his ear, telling him who he should play, what plays they should run ect. Ala Jerry jones. As much as I hate Cuban, I respect the **** out if him because he knows how to do the job the right way.
    I agree...

vCash
    The only thing that trips me out of jerry Jones is that he's always on the news making statements or comments that normally is the coach's responsibility to do, its almost like if he believes he's the coach, and I don't mind him making the big splashes in free agency, but when it comes to cutting ties with players that isn't producing well enough, he really sucks at it, he took like forever to cut Newman when I would of cut him like 5 yrs ago and HE RESIGNED HIM TOO!!! WTH... And Leonard Davis, that guy really wasn't worth his contract... And what tha hell happened to Home Field Advantage??? Jerry really need to find somehow to make this home intimidating for our opponents... Oh and the Two first rounders for Roy Williams, augh!! I'm not gonna go back to the Moss thing or Galloway, but two first rounders for Roy, that was just too much and it hurt us by getting some good players in those drafts... Oh and I'm.sorry Felix, but what tha hell!!! He gets a back up running back from McFadden over the other running backs? Eeegh... Oh and the Marion Barber situation, I never expected Barber's production to fall like it did, he just wasn't the same barbarian after he signed his contract. No one saw that coming... And does anyone remember jerry signing that cornerback from free agency from the cleaveland browns??? That was horrible also...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by americasteam88 View Post
    I didn't vote because I think Jerry is a great owner and great gm... any top notch free agent out there, the cowboys will always be involved as a possible landing spot... we have the best stadium, he puts damn good players on the field, could do a little better with the coaching, but garrett isn't the worst coach out there, too bad we didn't have better fans but that's for another coversation..Jerry is awesome, he is own person, he loves the cowboys with a passion...the cowboys have just had bad luck... people talk like its easy to win a ring... it's not easy.
    Who gives a **** about some fancy stadium? All the bells and whistles in the world aren't gonna win you a championship.

vCash
    Seriously another JJ thread sure I'll bite again here let me put it to you simply. GM JJ sucks I'm not going to say he sucks as an owner simply because he is the GM and he hasn't been able to right the ship with this team since the departure of Jimmy Johnson. I don't know how many other threads you need to start about JJ but just remember your the one that continues to start these threads about him. In one thread your saying stop bagging on JJ as the GM cuz he's not EVER going to step down from that position, also stop complaining about it cuz it will NEVER change and complaining will NEVER help...

vCash
    Johnson as an owner is great for the sport...he put the greatest stadium in sports on the field in Dallas, he always finds a way to get Dallas in the spotlight and makes money from it, which allows him to get all of the splashy free agents and then build mega-stadiums..

Johnson as a GM, gets OK grades from me...I like the personnel moves of late (drafting and free agents) and he is never afraid to go out and get someone from a player perspective and I also like that he seems (to me at least) to be passing the torch a little to his son...those things I like (baby steps with passing some authority to Stephon)

...but, he really needs to STOP putting his mug all over the place...the ego's on guys like him are so enormous that they overshadow the team/franchise...

...my boss the other day sent an email where she slipped and said "I am the department" (she meant "I am in the department...")...I have been razzing her ever since...but, in Johnson's case, he really believes that he IS the Dallas Cowboys...

...also, Johnson the GM is ridiculously foolish with his coaching decisions...he needs to give up control of the team and let a football guy run the operation, even if JJ picks the players (or is the major deciding factor in that)...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Johnson as an owner is great for the sport...he put the greatest stadium in sports on the field in Dallas, he always finds a way to get Dallas in the spotlight and makes money from it, which allows him to get all of the splashy free agents and then build mega-stadiums..

Johnson as a GM, gets OK grades from me...I like the personnel moves of late (drafting and free agents) and he is never afraid to go out and get someone from a player perspective and I also like that he seems (to me at least) to be passing the torch a little to his son...those things I like (baby steps with passing some authority to Stephon)

...but, he really needs to STOP putting his mug all over the place...the ego's on guys like him are so enormous that they overshadow the team/franchise...

...my boss the other day sent an email where she slipped and said "I am the department" (she meant "I am in the department...")...I have been razzing her ever since...but, in Johnson's case, he really believes that he IS the Dallas Cowboys...

...also, Johnson the GM is ridiculously foolish with his coaching decisions...he needs to give up control of the team and let a football guy run the operation, even if JJ picks the players (or is the major deciding factor in that)...

you have officially lost it my friend....

(who is johnson? you mean jones?)

i think someone has been daydreaming bout the good ol days...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Seriously another JJ thread sure I'll bite again here let me put it to you simply. GM JJ sucks I'm not going to say he sucks as an owner simply because he is the GM and he hasn't been able to right the ship with this team since the departure of Jimmy Johnson. I don't know how many other threads you need to start about JJ but just remember your the one that continues to start these threads about him. In one thread your saying stop bagging on JJ as the GM cuz he's not EVER going to step down from that position, also stop complaining about it cuz it will NEVER change and complaining will NEVER help...
    sigh.

i agree to an extent. but come on..

what else do we talk about? you want another "lets sign xyz free agent"
    thread?

im just bored. give me a break, cut me some slack, will ya?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast