Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Duh is the Cy Young, not Cy Old!!!

vCash
    Dickey should be MVP if anything because without Dickey ... the Mets would be complete garbage .... but Cy Young? not even close ..... the MVP is about the team and the stroy, etc ... The Cy young is about who is the best pitcher in the league ... simple as that ... and it is obviously Kershaw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    fwiw, Greinke won without the wins as well, and ran away with it
    I am not going to be naive and say that Dickey's journey and the fact that he is a incredibly nice guy did not factor into the votes a bit or that when 2 guys stats were that close wins may have edge him ahead by a bit specially when he won 21 games for a bad team, but this choice was a good one. Though I would say that it should of been closer than it was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi

C'mon man. Did he factor in Price having a better defense? And isn't Tampa's park more of a pitchers park than Comerica? And look at the innings pitched. Massive differential. Blah...
    Might want to double check that. Tampa Bay's defense was highly unusual given what we expect from the Rays over the past few years. It was downright brutal for a large portion of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post
    Dickey should be MVP if anything because without Dickey ... the Mets would be complete garbage .... but Cy Young? not even close ..... the MVP is about the team and the stroy, etc ... The Cy young is about who is the best pitcher in the league ... simple as that ... and it is obviously Kershaw
    Stop, I think Kershaw deserved it and is better than Dickey overall, but this year it was pretty close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. LA View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Stop, you're killing me.

vCash
    Cabrera should've won AL Cy Young, by the way.

vCash
    I am not going to be naive and say that Dickey's journey and the fact that he is a incredibly nice guy did not factor into the votes a bit or that when 2 guys stats were that close wins may have edge him ahead by a bit specially when he won 21 games for a bad team, but this choice was a good one. Though I would say that it should of been closer than it was.
    I really hope the reason he got it over clayton is because of his journey and story, and knuckle ball, and being a nice guy. Because i would pull my hair out if it was because of wins.

the first half of the season the Mets weren't that bad, the 2nd half for sure, but dickey had way more run support than Clayton over the whole season, and there were 3 months the dodgers didn't have Kemp and several weeks they had AJ Ellis batting clean up. The dodgers were routinely awful for Clayton

vCash
    I think what's understated here is the fact that Dickey is dominating with an 80mph knuckleball that he has incredible control over.

How many knuckleball pitchers have had 4 to 1 K/BB ratio over a whole season?

Or lead the league in Ks?

Or thrown back to back one hitters?

We aren't talking a conventional fastball/slider/changeup type guy.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-14-2012 at 08:07 PM.

vCash
    Yes.

I honestly was surprised it was that far apart.

I looked at this toward the end of the season and thought they would end up splitting a lot of votes.

vCash
    Say there was zero story at all and Dickey is just a regular MLB pitcher, would you honestly be shocked that Dickey won?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Say there was zero story at all and Dickey is just a regular MLB pitcher, would you honestly be shocked that Dickey won?
    a little

vCash
    Anyone saying Dickey 'robbed' Kershaw of the award just are not being honest. You could have made a case for either of them to win the award truthfully, can't really be too upset either way. Only thing I don't really understand is why it wasn't as close as it should have been.

It really is a shame nowadays that fans can't just appreciate what players like RA Dickey perform. Instead they have to downplay his performace like many did with Cabrera's triple crown. This is baseball history, something we should all love, and many of you spit on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I really hope the reason he got it over clayton is because of his journey and story, and knuckle ball, and being a nice guy. Because i would pull my hair out if it was because of wins.
    I would actually prefer if wins decided this over those other things. As terrible as wins are as an evaluation of ability, they are far more relevant to pitching ability than that other crap.

vCash

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast