Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    Half the Dodger fans in here about to pop their cyanide and end the pain
    I'm fine with who won because regardless of who won, I know who the better pitcher is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Which he should've. There were nine games where Kershaw pitched 7IP+ and allowed 3 runs or less and either got the L or ND and 3 games where he pitched 7IP+ and gave up 2 runs or less and got the L. Dickey had only four games where he pitched 7IP+ and gave up 3 or less and got the L or ND and had only 2 games where he got the L for pitching 7IP+ and gave up 2 runs or less. But obviously not every pitcher is going to win those games, just sucks that Kershaw was on the short end of the stick and I'm sure the 20 wins swing the vote in favor or Dickey. Nothing against Dickey, he definitely earned this award.
    Dickey had the same games. Got the win in most of them though but still that doesn't make a difference. Why should a 17 win Kershaw have beaten a 20 win Dickey? Dickey basically matched Kershaw in almost every stat. He was just as good in every game.

He had the most complete games, and a string of 1 hitters. And he was consistently great throughout the year. He deserved all 20 wins as he single handedly helped produce many of those with his stellar pitching.

Lets not act like Kershaw was robbed, Dickey basically matched him in almost every stat. Except the wins which he excelled

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    brian kenney is an idiot

go back to hosting boxing on espn at 3am
    He's an idiot? Why? Sorry he can't be a genius like Mitch Williams and Billy Ripken....

"You're talking about a guy who's going on 38 years old...throwing a knuckle ball...this is a slam dunk. 20 wins says it all."

Or "Kershaw...not this year. For me, if it aint Dickey, it's gotta be Geo Gonzalez. I mean here you gave a guy who wasn't even the ace of his staff...going out there down the stretch...wow..."

"Kershaw had a nice season but I'm having a hard time figuring out how Cueto was left off this list". Real quotes there.

Sorry Kenny does some analysis to draw a conclusion instead of saying useless stuff like, "This is a guy who comes to the park every day to pitch".

Quote Originally Posted by keymax View Post
    That's BS. This was close but Kershaw was the boring previous winner while Dickey was the great story.

Congrats to Dickey, well deserved.
    Actually, it wasn't close. Which is the problem.

The problem isn't R.A winning. I think most can agree that most statistics show that they were fairly equal pitchers this season, with the edge going a hair to Kershaw, but if R.A won, it's not a bad choice.

The fact that Kershaw got DEMOLISHED by Dickey and has been reduced to an afterthought after having no worse than an equal season, is quite literally a joke and a travesty.

Dickey winning is all fine and good. In the 27/32 vote fashion? A travesty. And bad for the voter credibility.

I obviously have a bias but Kershaw has been very disrespected in the baseball world since he came into the league. If he didn't win the triple crown he might not have the Cy Young he does have.
    Last edited by THINKBLUE15; 11-15-2012 at 06:03 AM.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash
    I gotta say, Mitch Williams and Billy Ripken are the biggest idiots I have ever seen on TV. Both pompous pricks with no redeeming qualities in their analysis.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by keymax View Post
    You lack reading comprehension. Have a good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think what's understated here is the fact that Dickey is dominating with an 80mph knuckleball that he has incredible control over.

How many knuckleball pitchers have had 4 to 1 K/BB ratio over a whole season?

Or lead the league in Ks?

Or thrown back to back one hitters?

We aren't talking a conventional fastball/slider/changeup type guy.
    Cool. That means nothing.

vCash
    Now rename it the RA Dickey award
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Weaver third? What?

He literally only led Felix in ERA and WHIP. Felix led him in EVERTHING ELSE.

It's getting hard for me to take these awards seriously.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daaaarryyl View Post
    Is this true?? If so that is outrageous
    According to the BBWAA site it is. He even had 1 fourth place vote.

vCash
    Bill Center (San Diego Union Tribune?) and Alvin Valdez (Hoy?) left Kershaw off the ballot.

http://bbwaa.com/12-nl-cy/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    I'd give him the edge over Kershaw just based on him having fewer BBs. That's bat **** insane for a knuckleballer.
    That's what is so amazing, the whole concept of the knuckleball is its unpredictability, and the fact that he had control of that pitch is what makes his season so outstanding.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Wish Verlander would have won, but can't say Price didn't deserve the award too. Well deserved win, congrats.

vCash
    Weaver shouldnt have been close at all.

vCash
    I'm pretty surprised by both winners. Dickey more so than Price.

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5

vCash
    I thought Verlander should have won in the AL. I really place a ton of value on innings pitched. That should have been enough to sway the vote for Verlander IMO.

I thought they got the NL one correct, although it should have been a much, much closer vote. Dickey and Kershaw were pretty much identical across the board. Thought it was a toss up and I thought the voting should have supported that. Still though, well deserved win for Dickey.

Jew You Believe In Miracles?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324