Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bourn?

vCash

Bourn?

I'm a huge Giants fan I am more than happy that we are the 2012 World Series champs but me and my cousin was talking and we were thinking maybe Michael Bourn might be the best fit for us think about it Michael bourn Angel pagan and Hunter Penc pretty good outfield if you ask mee what do you guys think

vCash
    Bourn is certainly a fit, I just don't see the payroll flexibility to sign both Pagan & Bourn. The Giants will sign one of them at most.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    He'd be a fit for AT&T, but at the price he's looking for and with his whole game entirely based on speed I'd pass. He's just an average hitter and a very good defender, but once his speed starts to diminish so does the rest of his tools.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    He'd be a fit for AT&T, but at the price he's looking for and with his whole game entirely based on speed I'd pass. He's just an average hitter and a very good defender, but once his speed starts to diminish so does the rest of his tools.
    well I was thinking then maybe Jason Bay then I don't think be a bad a bad player for us

vCash
    Jason Bay as our LF? He's declined the past three years and is a poor defender.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Rush, of the two, would you prefer a Blanco/Bourn/Pence OF or Pagan/Blanco/Pence?

vCash
    What would you say their contracts would be?

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Lets say Pagan at 3/33 and Bourn at 3/40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    It's close, really. I look at their stats and I really can't come out with a winner. Pagan's got better gap power, but Bourn's a better defender.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    It's close, really. I look at their stats and I really can't come out with a winner. Pagan's got better gap power, but Bourn's a better defender.
    I'd lean toward Pagan simply because I've seen him be a successful hitter in this park. If I could get a commitment from Bochy to play Blanco in CF and Pagan in LF it'd make me feel better. But we know how that goes...

vCash
    id honestly rather have bourn than pagan. JMO

2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!
    2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    I'd rather have Bourn, but his entire game is based on speed and I'm not a fan of giving big contracts to players like this (Carl Crawford) although it was a not leg/knee/ankle related injury that has slowed him down.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Bourn and Blanco in the same outfield would be FILTHY on the defensive end.

2010 AND 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    We defiintely won't sign both. Only 1 can leadoff. Pagan obviously thrived in that role and didn't do much in the 5 spot. Bourn is a guy who can't bat anywhere in the lineup except 1st. We'll sign one of them.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    Bourn is a Scott Boras client, meaning that he is getting at least twice $40 mil.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast