Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2012/13 Playoff Predictions

Simple thing: post your predictions for this upcoming season's playoffs. Do the Western Conference & the Eastern Conference, or only one if you'd like. I'll start:

East
    1. Miami Heat
    2. Boston Celtics
    3. Indiana Pacers
    4. Chicago Bulls
    5. New York Knicks
    6. New Jersey Nets
    7. Philadelphia 76ers
    8. Atlanta Hawks

ECF: Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls

West
    1. Oklahoma City Thunder
    2. San Antonio Spurs
    3. Los Angeles Lakers
    4. Denver Nuggets
    5. Los Angeles Clippers
    6. Memphis Grizzlies
    7. Dallas Mavericks
    8. Minnesota Timberwolves

WCF: Los Angeles Lakers vs Oklahoma City Thunder

Finals: Celtics vs Lakers ... Lakers in 6

vCash
    You have us losing to the C's? I don't think KG makes it to the playoffs.

vCash
    I think Rose will be gassed at that time, with it being his first year back. And the Celtics are deeper this year, Doc will be able to rest Garnett. Plus, it's a regular season with no condensed schedule. And, the Celtics will easily have the deepest team in the league this year.

vCash
    Yeah but we have 3 other PGs on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shammyguy3 View Post
    I think Rose will be gassed at that time, with it being his first year back. And the Celtics are deeper this year, Doc will be able to rest Garnett. Plus, it's a regular season with no condensed schedule. And, the Celtics will easily have the deepest team in the league this year.
    You make it seem that D.Rose is wheel chair bound and his first steps as a non-cripple will be his first game back.

D.Rose will be fine. If you are worried about his endurance then I really don't think you will have nothing to worry about.

I think he comes back and hits the ground running. I have higher expectations because I know what type of athlete and competitor D.Rose is.

I dont think we will get the same results if it was any of the other 14 players on this bulls team.

vCash
    Everyone runs out of gas. Just because I think a guy coming off an ACL injury won't have enough gas to beat a very good Celtics team with a bunch of new players doesn't mean I think he's gonna suck it up.

vCash
    He won't be coming till mid Jan though. You talk about KG be well rested even though he'll play around 70 games while Rose will only play around 35

vCash
    Yet Rose will still not be in the typical mid-season shape regardless. It's WONDERFUL to think he'll be healthier than ever and in better shape than ever before. I don't; i think he'll end up having an average series with new teammates against a very good veteran Boston team that improved a lot since last season. Again, not saying he'll suck donkey dick or will shove a rhino's horn up his ***... he'll only be average, he will be tired, he will miss shots he normally makes. JUST like he did against Miami in 2011.

vCash
    Durant4MVP

vCash
    Celtics vs Clippers book it...

Celtics 2013 champs

vCash
    If Rose is back for the playoffs.

East
    1. New York Knicks
    2. Miami Heat
    3. Boston Celtics
    4. Chicago Bulls
    5. Indiana Pacers
    6. Brooklyn Nets
    7. Philadelphia 76ers
    8. Cleveland Cavaliers

ECF: Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls

West
    1. Oklahoma City Thunder
    2. Los Angeles Lakers
    3. Los Angeles Clippers
    4. San Antonio Spurs
    5. Denver Nuggets
    6. Dallas Mavericks
    7. Memphis Grizzlies
    8. Minnesota Timberwolves

WCF: Los Angeles Clippers vs Oklahoma City Thunder

Finals: Thunder vs Bulls ... Thunder in 6

MVP: Kevin Durant or Carmelo Anthony
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Putting the New York Knicks as the 1st seed, especially since they won't have Shumpert, haven't made any big deals, and since the Heat added Ray Allen (whom JB loves) and most important.... to JB... they are the defending champs so they have to be the 1st seed.
    Last edited by kingbrentg; 10-17-2012 at 02:43 PM.

vCash
    They picked up Kidd who can run an offense and they will be better defensively. No one picked the Bulls to go from the 8th seed to the 1st seed in one year because of Boozer either and new coach and remember the Knicks got a new coach towards the end of the season. They were 18-6 under the new coach. While they were 18-24 under D'Antoni. There entire identity changed with Woodson just like the Bulls entire identity changed with Thibs. And Miami wasn't the #1 seed the past 2 years anyway despite being predicted to be so.

Edit: They also picked up Felton and also got Camby and Brewer and Rasheed.
    Last edited by JordansBulls; 10-17-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Yeah but Lin ran the offense beautifully, it wasn't it till the ball hogger came back that the Knicks had to beat out a lesser Buck team to make it to the playoffs.

Oh and if the Bucks made it to the playoffs, they wouldn't have gotten spanked by the Heat like the Knicks did. Lebron always seems to play better when he's going against Melo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    They picked up Kidd who can run an offense and they will be better defensively. No one picked the Bulls to go from the 8th seed to the 1st seed in one year because of Boozer either and new coach and remember the Knicks got a new coach towards the end of the season. They were 18-6 under the new coach. While they were 18-24 under D'Antoni. There entire identity changed with Woodson just like the Bulls entire identity changed with Thibs. And Miami wasn't the #1 seed the past 2 years anyway despite being predicted to be so.

Edit: They also picked up Felton and also got Camby and Brewer and Rasheed.
    Who's better, Lin or Kidd? Who's better, Shumpert or Brewer? Rasheed is hilarious.

Also, even though they were 18-6... they were playing against scrub teams. Sure, Woodson's a good coach. But it's hilarious that you think a team like that will all of a sudden have a better regular season than the Heat who have a 2-time NBA champion and Lebron James. They have two finals MVPs on that team, and Chris Bosh. They also have a battle-tested Mario Chalmers who won in College and in the NBA. They have Udonis Haslem and Ray Allen who also have won rings.

SO, using your "analysis skills" they have to be the 1st seed, especially until someone knocks them off.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast