Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Olney: Wilpons should sign R.A. or get out es.pn/Xh9CYu #NYM

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    I think the wilpons are getting pushed further down the list of seligs to do because of worse owners first McCourt now loria, also, he the A's are *****ing and moaning about moving to SJ, the fact that their friends probably helps the wilpons

But that is just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't want to have us be the Kansas City Royals of the NL East.
    They already are the Kansas City Royals of the NL East. Expect mediocre 30 year old plug-in players to fill the roster out while the Mets stay at 70 wins and 4th place.

Unless the Wilpons are willing to rebuild (trading RA Dickey and David Wright for young legit "A" prospects is a great start) or if they're willing to dish out cash, the Mets will be the Kansas City Royals of the NL East.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    They already are the Kansas City Royals of the NL East. Expect mediocre 30 year old plug-in players to fill the roster out while the Mets stay at 70 wins and 4th place.

Unless the Wilpons are willing to rebuild (trading RA Dickey and David Wright for young legit "A" prospects is a great start) or if they're willing to dish out cash, the Mets will be the Kansas City Royals of the NL East.
    That's my point, they aren't there yet with a payroll over 90 million bucks (which is middle of the road) but they can very well end up there if the Wilpons keep cutting payroll.

They have next to nothing in committed payroll for 2014 as Jon Niese is their only contracted player if Dickey and Wright aren't re-signed.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-16-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234