Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

josh jonhson ???

how bout a trade to the blue jays for johnson justin morneau for josh johnson ??? what u guys think

vCash
    I don't think the Jays would spin him this fast. Maybe they will listen, though.

vCash
    This kind of move in conjunction with the Red Sox being in rebuilding mode and the Rays likely breaking up the rotation to fix the offense tells me Toronto is moving all in this year. I'm guessing the only player they'd make availble from that trade would be John Buck since they have a logjam at catcher.

vCash
    I like Morneau as much as most guys but seriously Johnson for Morneau??? Your joking right? Johnson is a ace or 1B at the worst and Morneau well is a shell of his former self. Sorry guys Jays say no. Sucks though until his concussion Morneau was a Super Star and and with Mauer and him you guys had the dream 3/4 hitters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    I like Morneau as much as most guys but seriously Johnson for Morneau??? Your joking right? Johnson is a ace or 1B at the worst and Morneau well is a shell of his former self. Sorry guys Jays say no. Sucks though until his concussion Morneau was a Super Star and and with Mauer and him you guys had the dream 3/4 hitters.
    Pretty sure that word should not be plural. Only one GUY thought the idea logical.

vCash
    Ricky Romero for Morneau makes more sense but I still doubt Jays would do it

Props to phins1983

vCash
    the Jays didn't trade FOR Johnson with plans to TRADE him.....which means any potential attempt to go after him would mean a premium price...................not logical for the Twins
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Agreed. The Jays want to contend and hope Johnson will be a big part of that.

vCash
    Would definitely welcome Josh Johnson but it realistically isn't going to happen

vCash
    He'll be a free agent come 2014 anyway. If they're willing to pay the hometown boy, they can sign him next year and not lose any propsects.

vCash
    He's already said he won't give the Twins a "hometown" discount.

vCash
    Ha, and with the recent performance of the club, why should he take a discount to play for a poor team? The Twins may look for bargains, but they certainly should expect to pay face value for ace material.

vCash
    Exactly. If the Twins were still in their "winning" mode, he might consider coming in at a discount.