Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,008
    vCash
    1500

    Lirano dealt to the White Sox

    White Sox acquired LHP Francisco Liriano from the Twins for INF Eduardo Escobar and LHP Pedro Hernandez.



    Rotoworld





    BAD trade

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    eau claire, wi
    Posts
    3,226
    vCash
    1500

    Lirano dealt to the White Sox

    I don't know anything about the two guys we got, was this a poor move on our part?

    props to VCU for the sig!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,008
    vCash
    1500
    Absoutely terrible

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    21,032
    vCash
    2500
    Don't over rate Liriano's value. The only bad thing about the trade was that we traded within the division. Over the last two seasons, Liriano is pitchin with an ERA above 5, and a WHIP right around 1.5

    Its a good thing we got anything at all for him, as he was set to become a FA this offseason.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    21,032
    vCash
    2500
    Pedro Hernandez is listed on mlb.com, as a top 20 prospect for the White Sox, Escobar is not listed as a prospect, as he is has gotten a lot of time in the majors already. Both players are only 22, and one is already mlb ready. I am fine with the trade. Escobar was named the White Sox top defensive player in the minors for two consecutive years, he was also listed as the #5 prospect in the White Sox system going into the season...we got two top 20 prospects from an organization, for a guy who has been garbage for the last two years. I think your assesment of the trade is off as usual WSUJJ.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 07-28-2012 at 11:29 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,678
    vCash
    1500
    trades involving only prospects always look lopsided until you see how the prospects may look....even when we traded Pierzynski and got Nathan, Boof, and Cisco, there were many who thought the Giants got the better deal originally...and we know how that worked out

    ....'course then there's the Santana trade.....we got entertained by Gomez for awhile, got a bit out of Hardy and Rauch when we flipped for them, and the only remnant left now is Deolis Guerra I believe
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    401
    vCash
    1500
    We got nothing for Liriano. That's the equivalent to getting a box of cracker jacks.

    I would have hoped someone would overpay for him, as the deadline draws closer and people get nervous. Plus it was in the division? Makes no sense.

    If that's all you could get, why on earth wouldn't you just keep him and get the compensatory pick in next years draft? That would be way more valuable than a couple of guys who have almost no chance of being big league players.

    If this is the going rate for trades, I hope we trade NOBODY else. Nobody.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    21,032
    vCash
    2500
    Both these guys will likely be on the roster next season, and both have a chance to be on it as early as this season as well.

    Liriano will likely continue to pitch with an ERA over 5.

    I find nothing wrong with the trade...the people who were expecting us to get a superstar prospect in return for a terrible pitcher are the ones who are upset with this trade.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    21,032
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by dunger78 View Post
    We got nothing for Liriano. That's the equivalent to getting a box of cracker jacks.

    I would have hoped someone would overpay for him, as the deadline draws closer and people get nervous. Plus it was in the division? Makes no sense.

    If that's all you could get, why on earth wouldn't you just keep him and get the compensatory pick in next years draft? That would be way more valuable than a couple of guys who have almost no chance of being big league players.

    If this is the going rate for trades, I hope we trade NOBODY else. Nobody.
    We got two players who will likely make the roster next year, for a pitcher who is aweful...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    401
    vCash
    1500
    PJ, Liriano wouldn't be on the roster next year anyways. Don't you think that a comp pick would have been better than these guys? We already have a SS/2B who hits .195, his name is Alexi Casilla. I don't know why we would want two of him.

    For the record, I actually really like Alexi Casilla, he just can't hit.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    21,032
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by dunger78 View Post
    PJ, Liriano wouldn't be on the roster next year anyways. Don't you think that a comp pick would have been better than these guys? We already have a SS/2B who hits .195, his name is Alexi Casilla. I don't know why we would want two of him.

    For the record, I actually really like Alexi Casilla, he just can't hit.
    There is no such thing as a compensation pick anymore.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,678
    vCash
    1500
    we'll never know of course, but I'm betting we'd have gotten a bit more if Cisco hadn't had such a poor last outing.......after all, he'd struck out 25 in his previous 2...a 3rd strong one in a row prior to a trade and we may have gotten another MLB ready player
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,678
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    There is no such thing as a compensation pick anymore.
    didn't think that had started yet
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    401
    vCash
    1500
    I didn't know that comp picks were dead. That does change things a bit.....

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    There is no such thing as a compensation pick anymore.
    Yea there is. As long as you submit a qualifying offer of course. But there's absolutely compensation picks. Also for unsigned high draft picks.
    You do however get less compensation for top FAs than in the past and also the player has to have been on your roster all season, those are the differences now. Just dropping some info.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •