Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lirano dealt to the White Sox

White Sox acquired LHP Francisco Liriano from the Twins for INF Eduardo Escobar and LHP Pedro Hernandez.

Rotoworld

BAD trade

vCash

Lirano dealt to the White Sox

I don't know anything about the two guys we got, was this a poor move on our part?

props to VCU for the sig!

vCash
    Absoutely terrible

vCash
    Don't over rate Liriano's value. The only bad thing about the trade was that we traded within the division. Over the last two seasons, Liriano is pitchin with an ERA above 5, and a WHIP right around 1.5

Its a good thing we got anything at all for him, as he was set to become a FA this offseason.

vCash
    Pedro Hernandez is listed on mlb.com, as a top 20 prospect for the White Sox, Escobar is not listed as a prospect, as he is has gotten a lot of time in the majors already. Both players are only 22, and one is already mlb ready. I am fine with the trade. Escobar was named the White Sox top defensive player in the minors for two consecutive years, he was also listed as the #5 prospect in the White Sox system going into the season...we got two top 20 prospects from an organization, for a guy who has been garbage for the last two years. I think your assesment of the trade is off as usual WSUJJ.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 07-28-2012 at 11:29 PM.

vCash
    trades involving only prospects always look lopsided until you see how the prospects may look....even when we traded Pierzynski and got Nathan, Boof, and Cisco, there were many who thought the Giants got the better deal originally...and we know how that worked out

....'course then there's the Santana trade.....we got entertained by Gomez for awhile, got a bit out of Hardy and Rauch when we flipped for them, and the only remnant left now is Deolis Guerra I believe
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    We got nothing for Liriano. That's the equivalent to getting a box of cracker jacks.

I would have hoped someone would overpay for him, as the deadline draws closer and people get nervous. Plus it was in the division? Makes no sense.

If that's all you could get, why on earth wouldn't you just keep him and get the compensatory pick in next years draft? That would be way more valuable than a couple of guys who have almost no chance of being big league players.

If this is the going rate for trades, I hope we trade NOBODY else. Nobody.

vCash
    Both these guys will likely be on the roster next season, and both have a chance to be on it as early as this season as well.

Liriano will likely continue to pitch with an ERA over 5.

I find nothing wrong with the trade...the people who were expecting us to get a superstar prospect in return for a terrible pitcher are the ones who are upset with this trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunger78 View Post
    We got nothing for Liriano. That's the equivalent to getting a box of cracker jacks.

I would have hoped someone would overpay for him, as the deadline draws closer and people get nervous. Plus it was in the division? Makes no sense.

If that's all you could get, why on earth wouldn't you just keep him and get the compensatory pick in next years draft? That would be way more valuable than a couple of guys who have almost no chance of being big league players.

If this is the going rate for trades, I hope we trade NOBODY else. Nobody.
    We got two players who will likely make the roster next year, for a pitcher who is aweful...

vCash
    PJ, Liriano wouldn't be on the roster next year anyways. Don't you think that a comp pick would have been better than these guys? We already have a SS/2B who hits .195, his name is Alexi Casilla. I don't know why we would want two of him.

For the record, I actually really like Alexi Casilla, he just can't hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunger78 View Post
    PJ, Liriano wouldn't be on the roster next year anyways. Don't you think that a comp pick would have been better than these guys? We already have a SS/2B who hits .195, his name is Alexi Casilla. I don't know why we would want two of him.

For the record, I actually really like Alexi Casilla, he just can't hit.
    There is no such thing as a compensation pick anymore.

vCash
    we'll never know of course, but I'm betting we'd have gotten a bit more if Cisco hadn't had such a poor last outing.......after all, he'd struck out 25 in his previous 2...a 3rd strong one in a row prior to a trade and we may have gotten another MLB ready player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    didn't think that had started yet

vCash
    I didn't know that comp picks were dead. That does change things a bit.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Yea there is. As long as you submit a qualifying offer of course. But there's absolutely compensation picks. Also for unsigned high draft picks.
    You do however get less compensation for top FAs than in the past and also the player has to have been on your roster all season, those are the differences now. Just dropping some info.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast