Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    one of my buddies was telling me that Ludwick is wanting a lot of money. I wouldn't be willing to pay him a lot.

and Stubbs hasn't faced arbitration yet. he can still be non-tendered. and it's still early, he could be waved, released, or traded.

vCash
    If Ludwick is seeking 8-10mil per year I would probably pass. I wouldn't mind a 3 year deal, but not if we are talking 20mil plus. If they don't sign him then I would like to think that Hamilton gets a serious look in Spring Training to play LF. If you assume the Reds can get Victorino or Span then the lineup would still look halfway decent.

Hamilton - LF
    Victorino/Span -CF
    Votto - 1B
    Phillips - 2B
    Bruce - RF
    Frazier - 3B
    Cozart - SS
    Hanigan - C

That lineup should definitely get some baserunners on for Votto. Although there is still no major protection hitting behind Votto.

vCash
    My question is if we give Luds a multi year contract will he be able to continue to produce?

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    I agree with Brownies. I would be more comfortable with about $4 million/year because he's already getting old.

I'd honestly prefer to pass on Ludwick and try to find a leadoff hitter with that money.

vCash
    I wish Bob would let Walt have some extra dough to use.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I agree with Brownies. I would be more comfortable with about $4 million/year because he's already getting old.

I'd honestly prefer to pass on Ludwick and try to find a leadoff hitter with that money.
    I agree about Ludwick. However if you fill that void in Left Field with a leadoff guy you are basically swapping a cleanup hitter for a leadoff guy and I think protecting Votto is more valuable. Our problem all year was not getting hits with guys in scoring position. If you get a leadoff guy he would have to replace Stubbs in Center and then get a guy to play left with power that is an RBI kind of a guy. Or just keep Stubbs and get a power guy in left and bat Frazier in the leadoff role. I'm not sure why Frazier has never been considered for that role. His on base % is good enough and he is not slow (and not fast). Phillips is best hitting 2nd and getting someone to bat between Votto and Bruce would round things out.

Just thinking out loud....

vCash
    I think Bruce would be a perfect #4 hitter but Dusty won't bat 2 lefty's back to back. even though Votto hits lefty's just as good as righties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I think Bruce would be a perfect #4 hitter but Dusty won't bat 2 lefty's back to back. even though Votto hits lefty's just as good as righties.
    thats very interesting. What do you think about Frazier at leadoff?

vCash
    I like Frazier at leadoff. Walt dropped the ball on the Span trade. That wasn't a very high price to pay for a good cfer. I am very disappointed in not getting Span. I really liked him and thought he was exactly what we needed. I am actually going to agree with jolhm1. I think batting Votto Bruce in order isn't that big of a deal becasue Votto crushes lefties and righties and Bruce doesn't have a huge drop off either.

Frazier
    Cozart
    Votto
    Bruce
    Phillips
    ?
    Hanigan
    Stubbs

That looks like a non playoff team.... wow that is a depressing lineup. I think of the free agents Youk and Luddy are the only realistic options. Shane as of now wants to much. Maybe moving Leake for a power hitter over leadoff is the way to go.

I hope the phillies sign Hamilton. Then maybe jsut maybe we get Bourne on a 1 year 10 million dollar deal. That would be awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    I like Frazier at leadoff. Walt dropped the ball on the Span trade. That wasn't a very high price to pay for a good cfer. I am very disappointed in not getting Span. I really liked him and thought he was exactly what we needed. I am actually going to agree with jolhm1. I think batting Votto Bruce in order isn't that big of a deal becasue Votto crushes lefties and righties and Bruce doesn't have a huge drop off either.

Frazier
    Cozart
    Votto
    Bruce
    Phillips
    ?
    Hanigan
    Stubbs

That looks like a non playoff team.... wow that is a depressing lineup. I think of the free agents Youk and Luddy are the only realistic options. Shane as of now wants to much. Maybe moving Leake for a power hitter over leadoff is the way to go.

I hope the phillies sign Hamilton. Then maybe jsut maybe we get Bourne on a 1 year 10 million dollar deal. That would be awesome.

What about Stubbs and Leake for Ben Revere??

vCash
    Give us some inside info on Revere bro.

vCash
    He's 24 years old he batted .294 last yr in lil over 500 at bats(124 Games) only struck out 54 times stole 40 bases out of 49 chances,OBP was .333 OPS .675 and he plays right and center field.

vCash
    Solid numbers. How good is he on D and also does he have a decent arm?

vCash
    solid on D no errors last year and .984 fielding % he's 5'9 170 with elite speed.

vCash

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast