Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Reds need a leadoff hitter

Free agent outfielder Shane Victorino is drawing heavy interest, Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald reports (Twitter links). Eight teams have “realistic” interest in Victorino and 11 teams have expressed some interest. Victorino, who recently agreed to be represented by agent John Boggs, seeks a contract of more than two years and will consider playing any of the three outfield positions.

The Reds and Indians appear to have Victorino on their radar. He wasn’t eligible to obtain a qualifying offer from the Dodgers, since he was traded midseason. This means MLBTR’s number 12 free agent won’t be linked to draft pick compensation.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...Emm3eY8QuE7.99
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-interest.html

vCash
    Walt will probably back out of the deal last second anyway

vCash
    Or stick with Stubbs.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Shane will want a 2 year deal atleast and we need someone on a one year deal. I like Nyger Morgan. Mr. Plush can hit leadoff untill September.

vCash
    **** Nyjer Morgan. he's one of the biggest *** holes in baseball

vCash
    He has some character issues but sign him to a one year deal loaded with bonuses. If he acts out cut him and move on. You could get him for just over league min.

vCash
    I would like to see the Reds sign Shane Victorino to a 2 year deal with an option for a 3rd. I think he is the perfect stop gap for Billy Hamilton. Victorino is only 31, he still has plenty of good baseball left in him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    I would like to see the Reds sign Shane Victorino to a 2 year deal with an option for a 3rd. I think he is the perfect stop gap for Billy Hamilton. Victorino is only 31, he still has plenty of good baseball left in him.
    I would like that too

vCash
    Make that 3 of us. And No way to a douche bag like Morgan.

vCash
    Do you guys really want to wait 2 years on Hamilton? I would rather have 3/4 of a year of Morgan and Hamilton than 2 years of Victorino and none of Hamilton. Judging what Hunter got it will take alot to sign a 31 year old outfielder when a 37 year old is 27 over 2. Victor not as good as Hunter will still want something along the lines of 18 over 2, Morgan 800K with some incentives.

Victorino @ 9 mill 255/321/383
    Morgan @ 800K+ 239/302/308

Not 8 million dollars worth of difference in my opinion.

vCash
    Lets just get a new hitting coach and keep Stubbs. You know no one really talks about that. You have one of the easiest parks to hit in with a talented lineup and we underachieve offensively. You hear stories all the time when someone goes to another team and resurrect his career, many times its because they got with a new hitting coach.

We already have guys that can put up numbers like Victorino and Morgan. X Paul, Hiesey, Stubbs, Hamilton, and so forth.
    Last edited by dogdaddy; 11-16-2012 at 08:09 AM.

vCash
    Mickey Mantle couldn't help Stubbs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Mickey Mantle couldn't help Stubbs.
    Your right... Mickey is dead.

But really, Stubbs has too much upside to give up on. Speed, power, and great defense can't be ignored. From what I can tell there hasn't been too much change in his swing since he has been in the big leagues. Phillips almost totally changed his swing when he became a Red with the wide open stride stance. I just think there can be some changes to help him.

vCash
    Pete Rose couldn't help Stubbs either. like I've said, if he goes somewhere else and turns his career around, I'll be happy for him. but it's not going to happen here, I can promise you that.

and players that have good defense and bad offense are a dime a dozen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    Do you guys really want to wait 2 years on Hamilton? I would rather have 3/4 of a year of Morgan and Hamilton than 2 years of Victorino and none of Hamilton. Judging what Hunter got it will take alot to sign a 31 year old outfielder when a 37 year old is 27 over 2. Victor not as good as Hunter will still want something along the lines of 18 over 2, Morgan 800K with some incentives.

Victorino @ 9 mill 255/321/383
    Morgan @ 800K+ 239/302/308

Not 8 million dollars worth of difference in my opinion.
    Morgan is an *** hole. don't you remember when he pushed a Reds fan? there is a very good reason that he'll sign cheap and that is because no one wants him. it's not like we can fix his attitude.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast