Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in California
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500

    Would a trade to the Lakers make Amare an All Star again?

    Obviously it could only happen involving him replace Gasol via trade.

    The Lakers now have the PG in Steve Nash, system, & head coach in D'Antoni who helped Amare make 5 All-NBA teams & 6 All Star game.

    When he gets back it would be the perfect situation for him to flourish once again as a 20-22 PPG scorer along with defensive help coming from Dwight.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    7,315
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know if it'd even be a good fit. Gasol is better.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,478
    vCash
    1500
    People forget that Amare can still ball. He's just in the wrong situation.. So I think he'd be a better fit in LA but at the same time no.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    45,450
    vCash
    1500
    No because dwight is gonna clog the paint. Amare works best when he has shooters around him so he can have the paint to himself


    First Sim League Title!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    with the new voting system he can forget bout being voted an starter.

    then durant, love, griffin, aldrige, M gasol, howard, randolph............

    wouldnt make it.

    But on the other side you can BET your arse that Pau on the knics would be back to the game

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    People forget that Amare can still ball. He's just in the wrong situation.. So I think he'd be a better fit in LA but at the same time no.
    There would be no difference in situation on the Lakers other than having Nash. And Amare and Felton had good chemistry before so I think the difference would be minimal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,321
    vCash
    1500
    As a laker fan, we'd rather keep gasol over amare.

    No thanks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in California
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    I don't know if it'd even be a good fit. Gasol is better.
    Gasol is a more skilled player, but Amare is a huge part of D'Antoni's success with his offense. That is why he is one of the best pick&roll big men in NBA history and to make things even easier he would be re-united with Steve Nash.

    The thought of the pick & roll with Nash/Amare working together to go along with Kobe scoring on the perimeter and Dwight anchoring the defense + rebounding would make LA nearly unstoppable.

    But its kind of a moot point since Amare is out with an injury.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,887
    vCash
    1503
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post
    No because dwight is gonna clog the paint. Amare works best when he has shooters around him so he can have the paint to himself
    this...not to mention the lakers would naever take on 3 more years of amare uninsured. i dont think any competent GM would for that matter.

    gasol can do everything amare can but better, including staying healthy

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Gasol is a more skilled player, but Amare is a huge part of D'Antoni's success with his offense. That is why he is one of the best pick&roll big men in NBA history and to make things even easier he would be re-united with Steve Nash.

    The thought of the pick & roll with Nash/Amare working together to go along with Kobe scoring on the perimeter and Dwight anchoring the defense + rebounding would make LA nearly unstoppable.

    But its kind of a moot point since Amare is out with an injury.
    Dwight clogs the paint instead of Tyson, same problem different coast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in California
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post
    No because dwight is gonna clog the paint. Amare works best when he has shooters around him so he can have the paint to himself
    But Amare doesn't pass out of pick&rolls.

    He has tunnel vision to the basket for a dunk or foul.

    All of the isolation stuff happened in NY because the Knicks didn't have another big man on the floor who could command any attention.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,112
    vCash
    1500

    Would a trade to the Lakers make Amare an All Star again?

    No 1 wants Amare

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in California
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    Dwight clogs the paint instead of Tyson, same problem different coast.
    Tyson Chandler clogged the paint for him last year because he isn't a factor on offense, unlike Dwight. His man doesn't have to respect him doing anything because he is skill-less on offense and can slide over to help on Amare. Not to mention he is an average offensive rebounder when you look at raw %'s.

    Amare proved that a C clogging the paint with Shaq didn't affect him. Despite Shaq being less active on both ends of the floor than Dwight is right now, but Shaq still drew defensive attention. The downside was Shaq slowed their offense down and limited Amare from getting more fast break points.

    Dwight doesn't offer that issue in LA because he gets down the court just as well as Amare.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Tyson Chandler clogged the paint for him last year because he isn't a factor on offense, unlike Dwight. His man doesn't have to respect him doing anything because he is skill-less on offense and can slide over to help on Amare. Not to mention he is an average offensive rebounder when you look at raw %'s.

    Amare proved that a C clogging the paint with Shaq didn't affect him. Despite Shaq being less active on both ends of the floor than Dwight is right now, but Shaq still drew defensive attention. The downside was Shaq slowed their offense down and limited Amare from getting more fast break points.

    Dwight doesn't offer that issue in LA because he gets down the court just as well as Amare.
    I see the point you are trying to make, but in the given situation Tyson would only be having to go up and dunk or lay it in. He can do that just as well. Tyson may not grab offensive boards but he is phenomenal at tipping them out to teammates on the perimeter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    8,158
    vCash
    1500
    There is no need to trade Gasol. He's got a better contract, he has the range Amare has, and he does two things Amare doesn't do well: defend and rebound.

    Gasol is perfect for 'Antoni's P&R.

    Plus, I think LAL likes that they have as many contracts coming off the books when LBJ is a free agent. I don't think they'd want to pick up Amare's contract and ruin that.

    I understand the rumours, but it's not a good trade for LAL.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •