Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in California
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500

    Would a trade to the Lakers make Amare an All Star again?

    Obviously it could only happen involving him replace Gasol via trade.

    The Lakers now have the PG in Steve Nash, system, & head coach in D'Antoni who helped Amare make 5 All-NBA teams & 6 All Star game.

    When he gets back it would be the perfect situation for him to flourish once again as a 20-22 PPG scorer along with defensive help coming from Dwight.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The O.C.
    Posts
    7,303
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know if it'd even be a good fit. Gasol is better.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in California
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SACNYY View Post
    I don't know if it'd even be a good fit. Gasol is better.
    Gasol is a more skilled player, but Amare is a huge part of D'Antoni's success with his offense. That is why he is one of the best pick&roll big men in NBA history and to make things even easier he would be re-united with Steve Nash.

    The thought of the pick & roll with Nash/Amare working together to go along with Kobe scoring on the perimeter and Dwight anchoring the defense + rebounding would make LA nearly unstoppable.

    But its kind of a moot point since Amare is out with an injury.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Gasol is a more skilled player, but Amare is a huge part of D'Antoni's success with his offense. That is why he is one of the best pick&roll big men in NBA history and to make things even easier he would be re-united with Steve Nash.

    The thought of the pick & roll with Nash/Amare working together to go along with Kobe scoring on the perimeter and Dwight anchoring the defense + rebounding would make LA nearly unstoppable.

    But its kind of a moot point since Amare is out with an injury.
    Dwight clogs the paint instead of Tyson, same problem different coast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not in California
    Posts
    3,984
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    Dwight clogs the paint instead of Tyson, same problem different coast.
    Tyson Chandler clogged the paint for him last year because he isn't a factor on offense, unlike Dwight. His man doesn't have to respect him doing anything because he is skill-less on offense and can slide over to help on Amare. Not to mention he is an average offensive rebounder when you look at raw %'s.

    Amare proved that a C clogging the paint with Shaq didn't affect him. Despite Shaq being less active on both ends of the floor than Dwight is right now, but Shaq still drew defensive attention. The downside was Shaq slowed their offense down and limited Amare from getting more fast break points.

    Dwight doesn't offer that issue in LA because he gets down the court just as well as Amare.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Tyson Chandler clogged the paint for him last year because he isn't a factor on offense, unlike Dwight. His man doesn't have to respect him doing anything because he is skill-less on offense and can slide over to help on Amare. Not to mention he is an average offensive rebounder when you look at raw %'s.

    Amare proved that a C clogging the paint with Shaq didn't affect him. Despite Shaq being less active on both ends of the floor than Dwight is right now, but Shaq still drew defensive attention. The downside was Shaq slowed their offense down and limited Amare from getting more fast break points.

    Dwight doesn't offer that issue in LA because he gets down the court just as well as Amare.
    I see the point you are trying to make, but in the given situation Tyson would only be having to go up and dunk or lay it in. He can do that just as well. Tyson may not grab offensive boards but he is phenomenal at tipping them out to teammates on the perimeter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Phoenix/New York City
    Posts
    1,762
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Tyson Chandler clogged the paint for him last year because he isn't a factor on offense, unlike Dwight. His man doesn't have to respect him doing anything because he is skill-less on offense and can slide over to help on Amare. Not to mention he is an average offensive rebounder when you look at raw %'s.

    Amare proved that a C clogging the paint with Shaq didn't affect him. Despite Shaq being less active on both ends of the floor than Dwight is right now, but Shaq still drew defensive attention. The downside was Shaq slowed their offense down and limited Amare from getting more fast break points.

    Dwight doesn't offer that issue in LA because he gets down the court just as well as Amare.
    Shaq's Suns missed the playoffs because he and amare didnt work. The next year they made WCF. Amare cant play well with normal C's

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,478
    vCash
    1500
    People forget that Amare can still ball. He's just in the wrong situation.. So I think he'd be a better fit in LA but at the same time no.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    4,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    People forget that Amare can still ball. He's just in the wrong situation.. So I think he'd be a better fit in LA but at the same time no.
    There would be no difference in situation on the Lakers other than having Nash. And Amare and Felton had good chemistry before so I think the difference would be minimal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post


    The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    MASS
    Posts
    44,849
    vCash
    1500
    No because dwight is gonna clog the paint. Amare works best when he has shooters around him so he can have the paint to himself

    The Biggest Event Of the PSD Calendar Is Here!!!
    POSTERMANIA 4!!! Come Challenge a fellow PSD Friend
    Or Rival to a brawl and see Who the better poster is!!!!!
    Need More Details? Click Here or PM me! -Owner Riv

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    53,797
    vCash
    1503
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveramk2 View Post
    No because dwight is gonna clog the paint. Amare works best when he has shooters around him so he can have the paint to himself
    this...not to mention the lakers would naever take on 3 more years of amare uninsured. i dont think any competent GM would for that matter.

    gasol can do everything amare can but better, including staying healthy

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,303
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    this...not to mention the lakers would naever take on 3 more years of amare uninsured. i dont think any competent GM would for that matter.

    gasol can do everything amare can but better, including staying healthy
    Gasol doesn't have the athleticism Amare has but Gasol is the better player.

    Keep I'm mind, Dantoni doesn't care. He values offense more than defense.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Kawhi is going to get murdered by Lebron. He is going to make a name for himself, as the guy who cost the Spurs a championship. Guy is garbage on defense.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    541
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Gasol doesn't have the athleticism Amare has but Gasol is the better player.

    Keep I'm mind, Dantoni doesn't care. He values offense more than defense.
    Amare doesn't have the athleticism Amare HAD, he and gasol are closer in that category than most realize.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,303
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix3132 View Post
    Amare doesn't have the athleticism Amare HAD, he and gasol are closer in that category than most realize.
    He has it. He even admitted he wasn't in shape last year and didn't rehab well. The one preseason game he played this year, from the looks of it, his athleticism is back


    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Kawhi is going to get murdered by Lebron. He is going to make a name for himself, as the guy who cost the Spurs a championship. Guy is garbage on defense.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,289
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    this...not to mention the lakers would naever take on 3 more years of amare uninsured. i dont think any competent GM would for that matter.

    gasol can do everything amare can but better, including staying healthy
    Sums up how the LAL forum and I feel lol.




    Wiggins-Mobile

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •