Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hearing that Lombardi has been the one trying to spread the rumors of him to Cleveland so that his name gets out there for GM/Personnel positions. Banner wouldn't dispell the rumors though during the season because he has respect for Lombardi but they probably won't bring him in and if they do it would be in a scouting position with not a lot of say in the final roster.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Heard tonight that Cleveland may be targeting Pittsburgh's Omar Khan as a candidate for general manager
    -Shawn Zobel

vCash
    That's interesting.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    If Chip Kelly is the new head coach, what happens at the QB position. It doesn't look like there are any RG3's in this upcoming draft. I know they just signed Josh Johnson but was that with the idea he could be their QB of the future. I guess there's former Oregon/Steelers QB Dennis Dixon. He was out of work this season but he does know the system...

vCash
    And the way it sounds Dixon had a sold season in Baltimore on the PS and practicing with the team for what it's worth. Obviously it dosent mean a ton though.

vCash
    Wasn't aware he was with the Ravens. You're telling me they have both Tyrod Taylor and Dennis Dixon? Those two could be hot commodities this off-season depending on who some of these new coaches are and what schemes they might like.

vCash
    Yeah Dixon was on their practice squad most of the season. When the ravens were preparing for the Skins after the let Dixon go off their PS they had him come back to play scout RG3 over Tyrod. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...avens-practice
    Last edited by letsgobrownies7; 01-02-2013 at 01:25 AM.

vCash
    Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell is reportedly a "strong candidate" for the Browns' vacant GM position.
    Caldwell already has interviews lined up or requested with the Jaguars, Jets, and Chargers. According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, potential candidates for the Browns GM job include Steve Keim and Jason Licht of the Cardinals, Ray Farmer of the Chiefs, John Idzik of the Seahawks, and Michael Lombardi of NFL Network.
    roto

vCash
    Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot
    # Browns' Haslam seems to favor 3-4 defense, which Cards' Ray Horton runs, league source said.

Pretty intersting to hear. I think this more goes along with just him coming over from Pitt and seeing that Defense for so many years that he thinks its more complete of a system. This is also coming from MKC so she probably overheard a conversation about the defense and threw this garbage out there. I do not want to see DQ in a 3-4 ever again in my life even if it is with Teo in the middle with him.

For what its worth, Nick Allioti, Chip Kelly's defensive coordinator at Oregon started off running the 4-3, then they switched to a 3-4 hybrid scheme a couple years ago. This sort of tells me that Kelly isn't married to a certain defense and would be flexible no matter who the defensive coordinator is.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    I honestly never value anything MKC says

It is interesting to think about though. I'm not a fan of it, it would force us to re-shape our defense. I really don't like the idea of Sheard at OLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I honestly never value anything MKC says

It is interesting to think about though. I'm not a fan of it, it would force us to re-shape our defense. I really don't like the idea of Sheard at OLB.
    Yeah the linebackers would be the biggest question mark of a move like this. Sheard and DQ would be huge ?'s marks to me even though Sheard did play a lot in the second half of the season I saw dropping back. JMJ seems like he would be fine and so would Gocung IMO. The secondary would be fine and the line wouldn't be too bad either IMO with Taylor, Winn and Rucker on the outside and Hughes, Rubin on the inside. I think they stick with the 4-3 though no matter what happens but we shall see.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    A ridiculous read on advanced stats for you guys that are into the numbers like I am.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2010...play-data.html

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    The Browns have asked the Niners for permission to interview Tom Gamble for their GM post. Gamble being pursued by NYJ, Jax and SD also.
    -Albert Breer

vCash

Cleveland Browns General Discussion Thread II

If the Browns are this aggressive in obtaining thier desired HC, I wonder how aggressive they will be in FA to get the right players for the system that can't be obtained in the draft .

vCash
    Following up on #Browns QB if Kelly signs. Was told team would likely seek to trade Weeden & McCoy. 'They won't be there'
    -Keith Britton

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast