Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wouldn't mind the 14 team playoff and giving only the #1 seed a first round bye. It would make the #1 seed that much more important. I would not like the 16 team as no one would get byes and half the league would be in the playoffs.

vCash
    In a 16 team playoff, I think we would see a lot of teams resting a lot of starters, not just QB in week 17 to give them a "bye" that way.

vCash
    I like everything the way it is now to be honest.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi believes injuries have reduced Trent Richardson to a "grinder" this season.
    Richardson missed the entire preseason due to knee surgery and has been playing through multiple injuries throughout the regular season. While his effectiveness and big-play ability are concerns going into next year, the Browns have no plans to limited his workload in Sunday's game against the Redskins. Rotoworld likes him as a top-nine running back for Week 15.
    roto

vCash
    My thoughts on the season. We need a new coach. Bring on John Gruden or any of the Bengals coordinators...Mike Zimmer or Jay Gruden. Hell...with the job that Bruce Arians is doing in Indy, I am surprised that his name has not emerged as a comeback to Cleveland candidate.We need a new quarterback ( I know I have previously said that we do not need a QB in the first round next year, but I have changed my mind.) Weeden is inconsistent. I believe that he cost us at least two games this year. Maybe three if you count week one, but I was giving him a pass on that one because it was his first game. I expect to see colt play the remainder of the year so Banner can get some evaluation on him done. I believe weeden is gone and Colt will remain as the backup. We also need some passrushers. I would Jarvis Jones or Barkevious Mingo next year if we pas on a QB. # 1 overall will most likely be Geno Smith and #2 most likely to be Barkley #3 most likely to be Manti Te'o.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosar4president View Post
    My thoughts on the season. We need a new coach. Bring on John Gruden or any of the Bengals coordinators...Mike Zimmer or Jay Gruden. Hell...with the job that Bruce Arians is doing in Indy, I am surprised that his name has not emerged as a comeback to Cleveland candidate.We need a new quarterback ( I know I have previously said that we do not need a QB in the first round next year, but I have changed my mind.) Weeden is inconsistent. I believe that he cost us at least two games this year. Maybe three if you count week one, but I was giving him a pass on that one because it was his first game. I expect to see colt play the remainder of the year so Banner can get some evaluation on him done. I believe weeden is gone and Colt will remain as the backup. We also need some passrushers. I would Jarvis Jones or Barkevious Mingo next year if we pas on a QB. # 1 overall will most likely be Geno Smith and #2 most likely to be Barkley #3 most likely to be Manti Te'o.
    I have thought about Arians too alot lately but I dont think Haslam wants to go to a first year coach in his 60's. If he goes first time HC then I think it will be a young up and comer and if he goes for a veteran guy it will be a guy with more of a name, HC'ing experience than Arians.

I can do without Mingo too. Much rather have Moore or Werner that can play the rush as well besides Mingo that doesn't really do anything other than get to the QB but really has even struggled at that this year. Was completely shut down against the tackles from A&M in their game because they knew he only has one move and he gets stuck if a Tackle can get inside of him. Really all he is has is his speed off the edge right now IMO. If they are going to take just a situational pass rusher then IMO that would have to be Dion Jordan out of Oregon over Mingo right now. Also no way Barkley goes #2 unless he completely just goes off at the combine which might happen but I don't see it due to his measurables and arm strength. Tyler Wilson I think will be rated more highly over him come draft time and probably Mike Glennon too.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Tom Heckert let it be known that if he is not in Cleveland next season, it would not be his decision. Turns out that the decision could already be made as much as five months ago when the Browns failed to land Robert Griffin III in the most recent NFL Draft.

Citing sources, Mike Florio from Pro Football Talk states that if Heckert gets fired, the primary reason will be the failure of the Browns to trade up from No. 4 in the draft to No. 2 in the draft in order to get Griffin.

Former Browns president Mike Holmgren immediately blamed his inability to make the trade on a friendship between Washington’s Mike Shannahan and St. Louis’ Jeff Fisher.

“The Browns had the ability to get Griffin,” writes Florio. ”They were the only team in the bidding with two 2012 first-round draft picks. Plus, moving from No. 2 to No. 4 would have been worth much more to the Rams than dropping to No. 6.”

Griffin admitted later in the summer that he, based on the litany of assets, though he was going to be playing in Cleveland. The Browns, in turn, moved up one spot to land running back Trent Richardson, supplementing their quarterback position later in the first round by selecting the 29-year-old Brandon Weeden. The Browns are 5-9, staring at two tough contests to close out the season. The Redskins, riding a sure-fire Rookie of the Year candidate, are just a few weeks from being back in the playoffs.
    http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/20...t-heckert-job/

Pretty interesting if true. I still maintian that if Heckert isn't back next year it will be more that Banner is going to have a say in the personel that is coming in and out in the future and that Heckert wants to maintain that power as that is why he came here. I don't think the two will mesh well together. Heckert has done a lot of good things with turning this team from a very old incompetent team to a young team that plays hard at times but still is pretty far away from the playoffs and legitimately contending in the AFC. I have been pretty meh on Heckert coming back as he has done things to keep his job but he has also done just the same to lose his job. Now we will probably never know how much Holmgren had in play with many of his decisions but most GM's do lose their jobs on the QB they obtain and if that is what Banner and Haslam are going to base their decision off of then you can easily see a reasoning for Heckert being fired for not getting RG3 when the Brownies cleary had the more assests.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    I had a feeling yesterday when I heard Patterson got cut that Banner prob made the call and trumped Heckert. And that that deal also makes Heckert look foolish when the player didn't even make it 9 months after that deal.

vCash

Cleveland Browns General Discussion Thread II

Just read an article someone tweeted saying if Lombardi was brought in, that we would make a push for Ryan Mallet as our franchise QB. I'm not going to speculate or say that that would be the answer, but what do you all think about Mallet's skill set and what learning behind Brady has done for him.

I remember when they drafted him just thinking , "man this guy is gonna light it up once Brady steps down"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 43ScaresMe View Post
    Just read an article someone tweeted saying if Lombardi was brought in, that we would make a push for Ryan Mallet as our franchise QB. I'm not going to speculate or say that that would be the answer, but what do you all think about Mallet's skill set and what learning behind Brady has done for him.

I remember when they drafted him just thinking , "man this guy is gonna light it up once Brady steps down"
    Its probably going to take something like a 3rd round or better draft pick to obtain Mallett this offseason which right now with them already out of a 2nd round pick I would not do it. I have heard this rumor too that McDaniels would be the HC and Mallett would be brought in to compete with Weeden next year for the starting job. I really just think at this time that Weeden needs to have a system that fits his strengths and give him one more year just because the FA, Draft and possible trade candidates out there at least at this point don't seem to be that much of an upgrade. Also I am weary about bringing in a guy that like said previously would take a pretty nice draft pick to obtain that has not started one NFL game but instead is living off hype from the preseason like Matt Flynn last year and Kolb two years ago. Rather get a QB that has shown he can do it in the NFL if they are going the trade route this offseason.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    I think all of this crap with all these coaching names GM's and players they would bring in is all speculation by the media to have stuff to write about. Only Haslam and Banner really know whats going on.

vCash
    Since this is general discussion, thought id post in here. Im new to forms and as a browns fan, looking towards the offseason(just like every year, right?). So i was looking to bring some ideas and opinions to you guys as ive been around for a while, thanks!

vCash
    Welcome aboard. Hopefully you can bring some more activity and new ideas to the forum, it's always appreciated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YouthOfTheState View Post
    Since this is general discussion, thought id post in here. Im new to forms and as a browns fan, looking towards the offseason(just like every year, right?). So i was looking to bring some ideas and opinions to you guys as ive been around for a while, thanks!
    Welcome man!! Any question's you may have about anything let me know!! We always enjoy new posters!! Welcome!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YouthOfTheState View Post
    Welcome. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast