Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash

Cleveland Browns General Discussion Thread II

Just a thought for some discussion. Say we bring in a Chip Kelly or a coach that wants to bring this college style option offense. Do you think they would take a look at Thad Lewis or just disregard him. He's sat and learned for a while and we all know he is mobile. What do you think.

vCash
    Prob disregard him. He would prob wana bring in his won guys i'd imagine.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    If Tom Heckert leaves town I wonder if he brings his scouting staff with him. Of course he has been the decision maker in the Browns draft war room the last 3 years but from what I understand he has put together one of the better scouting staffs in the league. I remember seeing an interview with his director of college scouting, John Spytek, and I thought he seemed like a very bright young football mind. He was in Philly during Banner's tenure so he could be asked to stay.

vCash
    I would honestly like to see them go after McDaniels as OC, Saban as HC, and keep Heckertt as GM, but dont see that happening.

I would like to see them keep Weeden, or trade for Mallet if McDaniels comes to town, or draft a QB later in the draft, dont always need to get one in 1st round, look at Tom Brady or recently Kirk Cousins or so on. Would like to see them go after a LB, perferbably a OLB like Moore if hes still there. Wish we wouldnt have been talking bout this a week ago, but why not.

Really thought they shouldve drafted Kirk Cousins last year and Claiborne at four, but thats in the past and cant do anything bout it now....

vCash

Cleveland Browns General Discussion Thread II

They talked about this on The Fan, which offense would you rather watch, McDaniels/Mallet or ChipKelly/Geno Smith with the Browns in 2013.

vCash
    To be honest, I dont know if they could get Geno Smith, but I like that duo better, explosive offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 43ScaresMe View Post
    They talked about this on The Fan, which offense would you rather watch, McDaniels/Mallet or ChipKelly/Geno Smith with the Browns in 2013.
    Rather take M&M boys just because they are at least somewhat established in their offense and in the NFL. Two very big question marks in Kelly and even Smith coming out of college. Plus Kelly no matter what team he goes too is going to need a lot of control in the personel decisions to get the type of players that will translate to his offense. That will likely take 2-3 years not to mention Geno will more than likely take time to develop as well as he is not a prospect like RG3, Luck or even Wilson IMO coming out. McDaniels if only a HC and not a huge say in personel decisions and Mallett if only costing a 3rd round pick and 5th round pick would be much better IMO especially with the players the Brownies already have on O' which seems it would be a lot easier to keep a lot of these guys moving to a vertical offense. Plus if McD would have the easier chance of bringing in Welker in the offseason too. Oh see what I did there.

TIME TO GET ANOTHER ONE. #DALLAS2DALLAS #BALLISLIFE

vCash
    Mand M at least they have been in the league and have a clue to what it takes to be a pro

vCash
    Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86
    If you missed Sheldon Brown's spontaneous call into @ BullandFox about everything from Shurmur & Heckert to Weeden & all http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/1...hould-be-back/
    Pretty good listen of Brown calling out Ruiter.

@ TheKardiacKid: Sheldon calling out Ruiter is the highlight of my # Browns season

@ WFNYScott: Sheldon Brown is the man. Just called into 92.3 The Fan, unsolicited, to defend himslf on contxt-strippd sound bites. # Browns

Scott @ WFNY ‏ @ WFNYScott
    "I'm too old for this stuff ... I'm not a coward." RT @ CoolhaNDluke137 @ WFNYScott what's he saying? Quotes?

Huge kudos to Brown. These guys provide one-way sound bites and then never have a forum for dialogue after getting shredded apart.

@ G_Conley claimed that sound bites were being miscast in terms of context and that certain reporters only talk to him after losses.

Keith Britton ‏ @ KeithBritton86
    I'll say this. Mad respect to Sheldon Brown for calling the show to clear the air. # Browns

Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN
    Aware Sheldon Brown has made comments about me on my station today; I've never misquoted him or cut audio misrepresenting anything he's said

vCash

TonyGrossi I just heard @AlbertBreer speculate #Browns a possible destination for Michael Vick because of Joe Banner. We are in for a ride in Cleve.

vCash
    Updating a previous item, ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms that Seahawks LCB Richard Sherman won his four-game PED suspension appeal.
    Sherman originally tweeted out the news saying, "Thank you NFL for upholding the truth... I won." Schefter and multiple national writers have also confirmed the news, along with the NFL Players Association. Sherman hasn't denied that he tested positive for amphetamines, but he has indeed won the appeal based on the "specimen collector screwed up" argument. Any way you slice it, it's huge news for Seattle. RCB Brandon Browner will serve the final game of his four-game ban in Week 17 before the shutdown duo will be back on the field together for the first round of the NFL playoffs.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

NFL is ****ING yes that is F U**** joke. Don't want to mess with Seattle's run so lets let this abag get away with cheating because he found a loophole argument. Goodell once again showing how the NFL is a douchebag league now.
    Last edited by letsgobrownies7; 12-27-2012 at 02:39 PM.

vCash
    It's almost sad how much of a complete laughing stock they've become. Roger Goodell is just making himself look worse and worse as time goes on.

vCash
    Really wish the Browns wouldve drafted Claiborne, DeCastro, Wilson, and OLB, and Cousins in lasy years draft, in past now, so they screwed themselves with this draft, but they cant go with another Qb, maybe one in later round like Renfree(Duke)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YouthOfTheState View Post
    Really wish the Browns wouldve drafted Claiborne, DeCastro, Wilson, and OLB, and Cousins in lasy years draft, in past now, so they screwed themselves with this draft, but they cant go with another Qb, maybe one in later round like Renfree(Duke)
    Zac Dysert out of Miami (OH) is who I am looking at if they go QB in the later rounds. Also you can look back at any draft and say woulda coulda shoulda and its going to get you nowhere. This years draft was actually good IMO considering they got probably the best RT in the draft which they needed, got a starting WLB in JMJ which they needed to replace Fujita in the future with, got a workhorse RB that when healthy and with hopefully a mauling Guard will only improve in the future, two rotational DT's that both showed flashes throughout the year to both warrant their picks and then a future KR/PR/WR that adds speed in every aspect he contributes to in Benjamin. I'd rather have Richardson right now than Claiborne because it was a much more needed area last year when the team had no clue that their CB situation was going to play out the way that it did. Can always look back in hindsight and find something better but I think the Browns did pretty good in this draft and before we all start clamoring for other players they coulda woulda had why don't we give these kids some time, like say at least 3 years. Only question mark IMO is Weeden but I would still take him over Cousins because of his intangibles. I wouldn't just look at the Wash/Clev game and say Cousins was this All-Pro QB that everyone is making him out to be compared to Weeds but instead that Washingtons Coaches just ran over the Browns with their gameplans, adjustments and ability to make Cousins feel comfortable running the team something that Shurmur never did with McCoy or Weeden with his time here.

vCash
    Dysert is from Ada. My old Varsity Football coach went to Ada after my senior year and coached him. Kinda a small world.

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast