Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    According to Yahoo! Sports, Seahawks LCB Richard Sherman's appeal date for his four-game PEDs suspension is likely to be delayed again.
    In which case, the All-Pro caliber corner would be active for the matchup with Stevie Johnson and the Bills in Week 15. Sherman insists he never used Adderall and believes he will be exonerated by the league: "It's gonna get solved and I think at the end of the day it'll get worked out fine."
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

If this MF'er does not get suspended like Haden for the same thing then I am going to lose it. This guy is a good player but he has not stopped yapping all season and I would love to see him get suspended for the playoffs while trying to play the innocent card. What a D-bag. No wonder I hate the Seahwaks now besides the trolls in the main forum.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Damn that will take a lot to get in. Makes me annoyed of all the could of should of would of games.
    1 point loss to Philly on a late TD on opening day
    4 point loss to Indy with a late "lost in the sun" dropped TD pass
    3 point loss to Dallas on a FG in OT giving up 17 in the 4th quarter

Get 2 of those to go our way and we are in 7-6 right alongside the Steelers and Bengals with a head to head match-up against Pittsburgh remaining. How sweet would it have been to see the Pittsburgh Cleveland game in week 17 be for a playoff spot...and go in there and TAKE the playoff spot right out of their hands? That would be the turning point for the franchise!

Next year is looking more and more promising! Josh Gordon was a STEAL of a pick with our 2nd rounder...most yards thus far by a rookie receiver by almost 100 (4th in catches). Trent Richardson has the potential to be a special back...has to make more big runs to completely convince me (3.5/carry isn't 3rd pick worthy). Brandon Weeden is 2nd among rookies in passing yards (and is completing passes at a higher rate than Andrew Luck) and is starting to look like he is getting it. O-Line is becoming more of a strength...Thomas, Mack, and Schwartz are a GREAT start. D-Line IS a strength. Need a LB or two, need a couple CB, and another safety...and the defense is on it's way to the top 1/3 of the NFL.

This team is getting to the point where free agents will start to want to come here...and that is exciting!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

If this MF'er does not get suspended like Haden for the same thing then I am going to lose it. This guy is a good player but he has not stopped yapping all season and I would love to see him get suspended for the playoffs while trying to play the innocent card. What a D-bag. No wonder I hate the Seahwaks now besides the trolls in the main forum.
    I love this. There is no way he is getting away with it, so he is going to be out if they make the playoffs. On the other hand, I really wanted Sherman and Browner to both be out for the end of the year and completely screw any playoff chances they had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    1 point loss to Philly on a late TD on opening day
    4 point loss to Indy with a late "lost in the sun" dropped TD pass
    3 point loss to Dallas on a FG in OT giving up 17 in the 4th quarter

Get 2 of those to go our way and we are in 7-6 right alongside the Steelers and Bengals with a head to head match-up against Pittsburgh remaining. How sweet would it have been to see the Pittsburgh Cleveland game in week 17 be for a playoff spot...and go in there and TAKE the playoff spot right out of their hands? That would be the turning point for the franchise!

Next year is looking more and more promising! Josh Gordon was a STEAL of a pick with our 2nd rounder...most yards thus far by a rookie receiver by almost 100 (4th in catches). Trent Richardson has the potential to be a special back...has to make more big runs to completely convince me (3.5/carry isn't 3rd pick worthy). Brandon Weeden is 2nd among rookies in passing yards (and is completing passes at a higher rate than Andrew Luck) and is starting to look like he is getting it. O-Line is becoming more of a strength...Thomas, Mack, and Schwartz are a GREAT start. D-Line IS a strength. Need a LB or two, need a couple CB, and another safety...and the defense is on it's way to the top 1/3 of the NFL.

This team is getting to the point where free agents will start to want to come here...and that is exciting!
    Add in the fact that the Browns are going to have roughly $40 million in cap space at the end of the year with no real big money free agents on our own team. I went through the other day and with re-signing the guys I think we will and at what cost, along with the incoming rookies, and we still should have $28 million. The exciting thing is that there are a couple of really good DEs in Cliff Avril and Michael Johnson that could be targeted to round out the DL, and there are some really talented young FSs in Jarius Byrd and Louis Delmas. If you can snag 1 or 2 of them the D takes a HUGE step forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhaas74 View Post
    Add in the fact that the Browns are going to have roughly $40 million in cap space at the end of the year with no real big money free agents on our own team. I went through the other day and with re-signing the guys I think we will and at what cost, along with the incoming rookies, and we still should have $28 million. The exciting thing is that there are a couple of really good DEs in Cliff Avril and Michael Johnson that could be targeted to round out the DL, and there are some really talented young FSs in Jarius Byrd and Louis Delmas. If you can snag 1 or 2 of them the D takes a HUGE step forward.
    For some reason I am starting to get a feeling too that they are going to make a run at Mike Wallace if they do want to give up big money this offseason. I don't know where its coming from but I think they will want to add a veteran WR that is still relatively young to Gordon and Little giving them a 3 headed monster and also to stick it to Pitt. I don't see them signing a DE like Avril or Johnson just due to the fact the money they gave Rucker last offseason. More than likely will look for a situational pass rusher in the later rounds of the draft to go with him cheaply allowing him to still start since they did pay him ultimately starter money and to develop a young DE behind him. I like the Byrd and Delmas looks at FS too but I don't see either Detroit or Buffalo giving them up. If they go big name in the secondary I can see DRC from Philly since he no doubtably will probably walk and Banner might want to get him again to go with Haden. After that I can see them going G, FS and situational Pass rusher in the draft as from what I am hearing too they really like their LB core with JMJ, DQ, Robertson, Maivai and Gocung coming back.

vCash
    This is for you Kosar. The way the Browns can make the playoffs:

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2012/12...browns-chances
    Thanks buddy
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Holy crap. Could you imagine a WR corps of Gordan, Mike Wallace, Little, and Benjamin with Cooper or Norwood as the 5th.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    For some reason I am starting to get a feeling too that they are going to make a run at Mike Wallace if they do want to give up big money this offseason. I don't know where its coming from but I think they will want to add a veteran WR that is still relatively young to Gordon and Little giving them a 3 headed monster and also to stick it to Pitt. I don't see them signing a DE like Avril or Johnson just due to the fact the money they gave Rucker last offseason. More than likely will look for a situational pass rusher in the later rounds of the draft to go with him cheaply allowing him to still start since they did pay him ultimately starter money and to develop a young DE behind him. I like the Byrd and Delmas looks at FS too but I don't see either Detroit or Buffalo giving them up. If they go big name in the secondary I can see DRC from Philly since he no doubtably will probably walk and Banner might want to get him again to go with Haden. After that I can see them going G, FS and situational Pass rusher in the draft as from what I am hearing too they really like their LB core with JMJ, DQ, Robertson, Maivai and Gocung coming back.
    That makes a lot of sense. I like DRC especially with Banner now. I also think Sheldon Brown would welcome the move to FS with DRC and Haden at the corners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    That makes a lot of sense. I like DRC especially with Banner now. I also think Sheldon Brown would welcome the move to FS with DRC and Haden at the corners.
    With Banner's mo I can see Brown not being retained. He has played well at times this year against lesser competition but I would rather just go out and get a natural FS with speed still instead of depending on a transition of Brown to FS. Would have done that 2 years ago if they were planning on it and plus I don't like the lanes he takes to balls already at corner so wouldn't enjoy it too much in a much more open space. Get a natural FS this offseason allowing Ward to play to his strenghts.

vCash

Cleveland Browns General Discussion Thread II

Not sure if it's been discussed in other threads , but what are your guys' opinions on reducing the preseason to 2 games and expanding the playoffs to 14-16 games?

Personally , I am all for it. Why not give some on the edge teams get into the playoffs and give the opportunity for an upset. Maybe it gets some of these playoff juggernauts such as Green Bay and the Patriots. They are fun to watch but I get sick of the same teams in conference championships every year.

I also think it could make the draft more interesting for a few teams. You would have a lot of spots susceptible to change. And in regards to injury, I think it will put a bigger importance on depth and make things more interesting in that respect.

But most importantly, the regular season would start 2 weeks earlier and I'm all for that.

vCash

14-16 teams*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 43ScaresMe View Post
    Not sure if it's been discussed in other threads , but what are your guys' opinions on reducing the preseason to 2 games and expanding the playoffs to 14-16 games?

Personally , I am all for it. Why not give some on the edge teams get into the playoffs and give the opportunity for an upset. Maybe it gets some of these playoff juggernauts such as Green Bay and the Patriots. They are fun to watch but I get sick of the same teams in conference championships every year.

I also think it could make the draft more interesting for a few teams. You would have a lot of spots susceptible to change. And in regards to injury, I think it will put a bigger importance on depth and make things more interesting in that respect.

But most importantly, the regular season would start 2 weeks earlier and I'm all for that.
    No. I don't care if it allows more teams in the playoffs. I want the playoffs to mean something at the end of the year and having close to if not half NFL teams in the playoffs would really water it down for me. There is a reason every game counts in the regular season. I actually want it to go back to just Divisional winners. That would make it really mean something. I F'ing just continue to hate Goodell and the way he is ruining my favorite sport year after year.

vCash

So if u had to choose, 18 game regular season or 16 team playoff bracket

vCash
    Not a fan of either. But I really hate the idea of an 18 game regular season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 43ScaresMe View Post
    So if u had to choose, 18 game regular season or 16 team playoff bracket
    If I had to choose then it would be 18 game regular season. I like how the playoffs are setup now and just don't want the postseason to be watered down with so many teams able to make it. The NBA and NHL playoffs already take over a month to get done and I know football is only one game but I feel that 16 teams in the playoffs really eliminate the alore of it. Also then that would mean that the teams that have played hard all year to obtain the 1, 2 seeds and so one would have to face a team probably on a roll coming into the playoffs taking away everything they actually all season worked for to just be outed in a 1 game playoff against a team that ultimately could be 7-9 or 6-10 at worse. Just don't like the idea. I like the idea of 16 games and 12 team playoffs with the top 4 teams getting byes. But then again Satan aka Goodell wants all the money he can try to get as well as the stupid owners.

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast