Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Here's Mike Lombardi talking about the rumors surrounding him.

http://fanmonster.com/?p=4515&utm_so...cleveland-mike

vCash
    I think it's safe to say Joe Thomas is not a Peyton Hillis fan.....

#browns Joe thomas on chiefs Hillis: "the situation with him here was toxic" said better for both sides he left.
    #browns Joe thomas on Hillis: "he decided his contract was more important than him coming out and playing"
    #browns Joe thomas on Hillis: he wasn't real popular around here, the way he went about his business."
    #browns Joe thomas on Peyton hillis: "he got a lot of guidance (from teammates) but he wasn't listening"
    -Mary Kay

Thomas added he appreciates Richardson playing even though he's not 100% where Hillis didn't try
    -Daryl Ruiter
    Last edited by Melo15; 12-05-2012 at 03:14 PM.

vCash
    Here's an article talking about the 5 offensive AFC practice squad players worth stealing. They listed Brad Smelley in it:

5. Brad Smelley FB/H-Back Alabama 6020 E 235 E 4.75 E Cleveland Browns Practice Squad

An integral part of Alabama’s offense his senior season, Smelley has yet to find a home as he is somewhat of a “tweener” between tight end, h-back and fullback. At Alabama he contributed primarily catching passes from a variety of alignments, but was not an effective blocker. If he is going to play fullback in the NFL, he will need to improve his blocking greatly. I believe that Smelley would be an excellent player to sign by a team with a creative offensive coordinator who knows how to use players to their strengths to create miss-matches as Smelley could develop into a versatile, puzzle piece type of receiving weapon if used to his strengths as a receiver.

vCash
    http://yourlisten.com/channel/conten...55643657748415

Arch here is a link to Bernie on Hooligans yesterday pretty hammered. It is hilarious. He calls Bruce out and says he wish he would have another surgery so he doesn't have to listen to him on the radio anymore. This is great. Recommend everyone listen to it.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    BEREA -- Tom Heckert’s future as General Manager of the Cleveland Browns could rest on whether he will have final say regarding the roster.

That’s the word from several NFL insiders contacted in light of the recent reports that the Browns would bring in Mike Lombardi as GM, a move the insiders called not nearly as likely as it’s been portrayed.

It seems possible Heckert could stay -- provided he retains control over the roster and the draft, which he has in his present contract.

Sources said that new owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner have been impressed with Heckert’s work, but Banner and Haslam also have said that Banner will be involved in personnel, and that football will report to Banner.

What that means specifically has not been spelled out. If Heckert has control of football with Banner evaluating him, Heckert could stay. If Banner insists on being involved in personnel and having final say over the roster and the draft, it could lead to Heckert’s departure.

In the NFL, Banner is viewed as very effective managing the salary cap and in business matters. But he’s not considered a personnel guy. Heckert is, and to stay he wants to retain what he has. If he doesn’t stay in Cleveland, he would be in demand -- Carolina has a GM opening, and a team like San Diego might.

The decision could come down to two factors: Banner’s willingness to cede control of football decisions to Heckert, and Haslam’s willingness to step in to ensure Heckert stays. The owner ultimately decides the organizational chart, so if Haslam decides Heckert deserves final say, that’s the way things will work. Which might set up an interesting early scenario for the new owner: Does he back the guy he picked to be CEO, or does he back Heckert?

Or does he simply find a way to bring both into a room and work out an agreement that would make both happy, a scenario more in line with the way he has said he would run the team.

Heckert declined to comment, and Banner reiterated through the team’s media relations department what he has previously said, that he would not get into discussions about the future while there is a GM in place and the season continuing. Banner previously told the Plain Dealer the Lombardi reports are “wild speculation” and “unfounded” and said “somebody’s taking a shot in the dark.”
    http://www.foxsportsohio.com/12/06/1...mp;feedID=3724

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    http://yourlisten.com/channel/conten...55643657748415

Arch here is a link to Bernie on Hooligans yesterday pretty hammered. It is hilarious. He calls Bruce out and says he wish he would have another surgery so he doesn't have to listen to him on the radio anymore. This is great. Recommend everyone listen to it.
    Oh, Bernie..........

vCash
    Bernie

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Funny stuff just now from Peyton Hillis. Laughed at Joe Thomas' comments, saying Thomas is 'like a crazy ex-girlfriend.'
    More Hillis on Thomas: "It's been over a year. Get over it. I guess when you get paid over 100 million dollars by one team . .
    Hillis continued: "it's kind of easy to point the finger at other guys and try to hate on them for trying to get another contract.''
    Adam Teicher

I bet Peyton Hillis was so busy laughing he ended up skipping yet another charity event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Adam Teicher

I bet Peyton Hillis was so busy laughing he ended up skipping yet another charity event.
    HEY, that was a miscommunication okay. Like Peyton Hillis says, "Get over it, its been a year." HAHAHAHA. I will never throw away my Hillis 2012 Madden Cover. EVER.

Sarcasm/

vCash
    Tony Pashos basically confirmed that Hillis is a piece of **** on twitter. I hope Phil Taylor destroys him.

vCash
    If that douche even sees the field.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Glad that tool left. We're much better off without him. I see hes been lighting it up on the field as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    If that douche even sees the field.
    I would imagine Charles is going to get about 25-30 carries this weekend with Hillis spelling him for about 5-10 like they have been doing this year when Charles is healthy. This game should show us all really how much the run defense has improved as with the Pitt and Oakland game I don't see KC going away from the running game unless the Brownies open up a huge lead in the first half and we all know that is the Brownies way this year. The game will be close and I am afraid that Charles might bring the run defense back down to Earth.

vCash
    Hopefully we get up early to force them into catch up mode and abandon the run a little bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruzor12 View Post
    Hopefully we get up early to force them into catch up mode and abandon the run a little bit.
    At least we are facing a good running team with a full compliment of D-Linemen to attempt to stop them! Rubin, Taylor, Winn, Hughes, Sheard, Rucker, Parker...I like where the D-Line is headed!!! Try to find a pass rusher via free agency or draft and our front could be scary good!

I would love to see KC try to pass with BQ under center...we shouldn't have too much trouble aside from Bowe, whom I assume will be shadowed all over the field by Joe Haden! Should be a good game to watch!

Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast