Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Browns RB Trent Richardson says his idol is Rolando McClain, his former teammate at Alabama
    -Vic Tafur

Well this is a scary thought........

vCash
    Scott Petrak ct ‏ @ ScottPetrak
    # Browns MLB D'Qwell Jackson named AFC defensive player of the week. Had 9 tackles, forced a fumble and recovered a fumble in win over Pitt.

Scott Petrak ct ‏ @ ScottPetrak
    Jackson and # Browns held Steelers to 49 rushing yards, Cleveland's lowest total allowed since 2003

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    It's good to see him getting some recognition. Hopefully we can get Patterson back this week and make our defense even stronger.

vCash
    I know its probably been said in some thread already, but what are ppls thoughts on Andy Reid in Cleveland? Sources are saying this will be his last year in Philly and we all know Shurmer is out. Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by billyclubdude View Post
    I know its probably been said in some thread already, but what are ppls thoughts on Andy Reid in Cleveland? Sources are saying this will be his last year in Philly and we all know Shurmer is out. Thoughts?
    Won't happen just because of Banner already in place. I have heard that Reid is one of the main reasons that Banner left because the two did not agree on a lot because Reid had all the power and would not give most up. I have heard that he will probably end up in San Diego but then again that is just a rumor I have heard.

I would go in this order right now:

David Shaw HC Stanford - Have heard though that Stanford was his dream job and he probably wont leave for a while.

Mike McCoy OC Broncos - Love what he has done the past two years with completely different systems. Seems that he can manipulate an offense to whatever.

Jay Gruden OC Bengals - I really like the passion he would bring as well as the coaching as he is still a WCO terminology guy that involves the Air Coryell at times too with vertical plays.

All those guys are young and someone you can build a team around, and all have fire and passion something sorely lacking on this team. I think Haslam will follow the "Steeler way" and look for a passionate young up and comer that will be here for decades and not three years.

Other names I would keep an eye on:

Nick Saban - Just because. Would hate this though as I do not want to see this team go to the 3-4.

Rick Dennison OC Houston

Kyle Shanahan OC Washington - Have heard a lot of people love what he was able to do with RG3 this year.

Chip Kelly HC Oregon

Bill O'Brien HC Penn State - Some teams are going to try prying him away this offseason.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Rolando McClain may be getting waived according to his twitter/facebook page. If true, should we take a shot? He's an idiot, I'm not a fan, but with little to no risk it's not an awful option to consider.

vCash
    Cant hurt.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Rolando McClain may be getting waived according to his twitter/facebook page. If true, should we take a shot? He's an idiot, I'm not a fan, but with little to no risk it's not an awful option to consider.
    Rather just wait for Teo in April and move DQ over to SLB and JMJ staying at WLB. Then can have depth in Robertson, Maivai and Gocung.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    I get that, I just think it's an alright move to try out the rest of the season. If it fails, no big deal. Nothing hurt. However, if he thrives then we can cross off one of our needs for the off-season. Obviously he's more likely to fail/not make a difference but I wouldn't be opposed to trying it out.

vCash
    I get that, I just think it's an alright move to try out the rest of the season. If it fails, no big deal. Nothing hurt. However, if he thrives then we can cross off one of our needs for the off-season. Obviously he's more likely to fail/not make a difference but I wouldn't be opposed to trying it out.
    Thats what I was thinkn.

vCash
    I have a feeling we will claim McClain for some reason.

vCash
    I understand that but isn't it if you pick up a guy on waivers then you take on his full contract not only the rest of this year but the remaining years too or does that get knocked off. Never really knew about that. Also I think the guy is a head case and much more of an off field distraction where I don't want that from a guy that can only play two downs. Rather see Robertson continue to get the minutes as the 4th LB. Don't think McClain would see much PT with DQ in his spot and its too late in the year IMO to bring a guy on and pay him his remaining salary to try getting him to change LB positions. A WR, CB or FS I would take a chance on as that is needs the team need right now and not a 2-Down ILB.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    I believe you take on the full contract but I'm not sure how much guaranteed money he has left. McClain's a head case, I agree, but he's also very talented. I'm not sure they want a guy with his character around this team but if we think Jauron can work with him it's not a bad choice. I doubt a player with his potential is put on waivers the rest of the way. If there was a CB or FS waived with that type of talent I'd be all for that as well.

vCash
    Apparently yeah the Brownies would have to take on his remaining salary if they were to claim him off waivers.

He made $970,000 this season and was scheduled to make $4,005,000 in 2013, $5,805,000 in 2014 and $2,665,000 in 2015.
    I definately say no to that much money for a guy that right now is only a two down player. Hopefully he will take the rest of the year off and get his head straight and maybe work him out in the offseason if they are looking for another LB and don't want to go through the draft. Right now though I say no to a waiver claim just due to the money.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Updated: December 2, 2011,

DECATUR, Ala. -- Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain was arrested Thursday on misdemeanor assault, firearms and other charges after police said he fired a gun during a fight in his Alabama hometown.

McClain, 22, held a gun beside a man's head during an altercation and the man begged him not to shoot, according to a statement released by Lt. John Crouch of the Decatur Police Department.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_...assault-charges
    Craziness. I already had to deal with Browns players and guns and don't want to go through it again.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast