Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I keep thinking that if we lose tomorrow Shurmur's gone. That would be the only thing that could keep the loss from bringing me down.
    Last edited by Melo15; 11-27-2012 at 10:57 AM.

vCash
    So with new ownership what do you think about Geno Smith if he is available?

vCash
    I dont want him. I think he is being over hyped due too Griffin 3's success. I dont think he's close to griffin.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    I hope they don't look at Geno Smith as the answer. He isn't the dynamic athlete that RG3 is. He's a good pocket passer but I think much of his success is due to the skill position players on his team. I'd rather they look at a mid-round guy that they can develop behind Weeden without having Browns fans clamouring to put him in. If Glennon from NC State or Renfree from Duke slip to the late 4th or 5th I like that move.

vCash
    I don't want to take a QB early in the draft this year. I completely understand if the new ownership wants to go in a different direction at QB but I personally would like to see Weeden get another year.

vCash
    STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Since 1999, we have had the following quarterbacks start.

1999 - Ty Detmer (2), Tim Couch (14)
    2000 - Tim Couch (8), Doug Pederson (7), Spergon Wynn (1)
    2001 - Tim Couch (16)
    2002 - Tim Couch (14), Kelly Holcomb (2)
    2003 - Tim Couch (8), Kelly Holcomb (8)
    2004 - Jeff Garcia (10), Kelly Holcomb (2), Luke McCown (4)
    2005 - Trent Dilfer (11), Charlie Frye (5)
    2006 - Charlie Frye (13), Derek Anderson (3)
    2007 - Charlie Frye (1), Derek Anderson (15)
    2008 - Derek Anderson (9), Brady Quinn (3), Bruce Gradkowski (1), Ken Dorsey (3)
    2009 - Brady Quinn (9), Derek Anderson (7)
    2010 - Jake Delhomme (4), Colt McCoy (8), Seneca Wallace (4)
    2011 - Colt McCoy (13), Seneca Wallace (3)
    2012 - Brandon Weeden (11)

By my count...that's 17 different quarterbacks that have started at least one game since 1999. There are 12 with at least 4 starts. We have only had ONE season where we had one quarterback start and finish the season...ONE!!! I get that injuries happen, but many of the seasons that we have had multiple guys under center have been because we have pulled the plug on one guy in favor of another. Just like with offensive coordinators, we need to find a quarterback and give them the keys to the offense for a few years and see what happens...we (and I am partially blaming the fans) need to just let a quarterback develop and grow within the system without fear of being pulled.

I don't think that Brandon Weeden is the answer, but we invested a first round pick in him....we can't afford to give up on a first round pick after less than one year. We simply are not in that position. What needs to happen is allow him to keep the starting QB job for the next 2 years while surrounding him with upper echelon talent at receiver, tight end, and offensive line (I think we are ok at running back for the next few years!). If we give him a fair shot with good talent around him and he fails...at least we have that talent ready to give the next quarterback a head start when they deem that it is time for him to come in.

I am sick of the coaching, quarterbacking, offensive coordinating carousels with this football team. Bring in a coach that you are 100% sold on that doesn't require a complete revamping of the offensive and defensive schemes, allow a quarterback to grow with talent, and for crying out loud....find an offensive coordinator with some freaking imagination that doesn't require the offense to be completely retooled!
    Last edited by browniebuck; 11-25-2012 at 04:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    I am sick of the coaching, quarterbacking, offensive coordinating carousels with this football team. Bring in a coach that you are 100% sold on that doesn't require a complete revamping of the offensive and defensive schemes, allow a quarterback to grow with talent, and for crying out loud....find an offensive coordinator with some freaking imagination that doesn't require the offense to be completely retooled!
    Couldn't agree more. I can't stand watching 2 route plays. Yes Weeden gets time to throw, but it isn't hard for teh secondary to cover only two people. When the Browns do run pass plays with a few routes being run at once, I am sick of the check down that is always a yard or 2 short of the first down. That is terrible coaching.

vCash
    Just noticed even though the Brownies got a big win on Sunday they did not hurt their draft position. LOL.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Browns could win the next too games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    Browns could win the next too games.
    They should win the next two games and if everyone can stay healthy for the final 5 then I see no reason they cant win 3 out of the last 5. Washington at home is going to be interesting and would love to see the Steelers need to win the final week of the season just to have the Brownies spoil it. Really want to go 3-3 against the North. Think that would be a huge building block for this team.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    I have a feeling we lose this week. I can see this being one of the disappointing Browns games where we should win but have a letdown. Hopefully I'm wrong, I just have a bad feeling about this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I have a feeling we lose this week. I can see this being one of the disappointing Browns games where we should win but have a letdown. Hopefully I'm wrong, I just have a bad feeling about this one.
    You bite your tongue with comments like that. I'm chalking up a 6-10 year right now with Palmer getting sacked 5 times this week and throwing three picks. Knock that darn negative talk out especially after a win.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Man between the Heat/NY Knick/Brooklyn and LA homers in the Main NBA and the Seahawk homers in the Main NFL forum it is annoying as hell to try reading anything in those main forums.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    You bite your tongue with comments like that. I'm chalking up a 6-10 year right now with Palmer getting sacked 5 times this week and throwing three picks. Knock that darn negative talk out especially after a win.
    I know, I know. It's an awful mindset. I'm usually more optimistic than most but with this being our 1st West Coast trip of the year I can see it being a letdown type game.

Man between the Heat/NY Knick/Brooklyn and LA homers in the Main NBA and the Seahawk homers in the Main NFL forum it is annoying as hell to try reading anything in those main forums.
    Completely agree. It's awful trying to read through that garbage.

vCash
    That's why I quit going in there. Not worth it.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast