Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Baltimore Ravens @ Cleveland Browns Week 3

Haven't seen a thread yet, so I decided to take a stab at it. Should be a tough, hard fought, running game. Weather could end up playing a roll. Our run defense will need to bring their A game this weekend, which I think they will. A win here with great defensive play will be a nice feather in Pettine's cap. After this week, the NFL will start looking at the Browns a little differently. Hopefully the crowd ups the intensity from last week!

Browns - 24
    Ravens - 14

vCash

After the things that have come to light in regards to how their organization has handled the Rice controversy I'm hoping we give them the *** kicking they deserve. I'll go with:

Browns: 27
    Ravens: 13

vCash
    This game intrigues me. Did we learn how to handle a big win last week? If we come out strong I see us winning 16-14. If we come out slow, this could get ugly. Smith Sr and Smith could be trouble for Haden and Skrine,Gilbert.

vCash
    what a damn good win this would be...run the rock and play D
    ....pleasing the casual fan,while telling the hardcore fan to go to hell since 2006

vCash
    2 losses by a combined 5 points...still 2 losses, BUT...this football team looks a LOT better than the "usual Browns".

With the exception of the 1st half against Pittspuke...this team has been IN every game. We need to learn how to close games and/or step on teams when they are down. Brian Hoyer SHOULD keep Johnny Football on the sidelines as he is doing nothing to lose his job. Miles Austin looks like he is healthy and hungry...which is VERY nice to see WITHOUT Josh Gordon...imagine how nice it is going to be to have both when Gordon comes back...AND...Jordan Cameron!!!

Now...imagine the 3 headed monster at RB. When Tate gets healthy, we will have arguably the best trio of RBs in the league. Line up 2 of them in the backfield a la Mack and Byner...weapons all over the field!!!

I know I am getting WAY ahead of myself here....BUT...
    @Tennessee - winnable
    Pittsburgh - winnable
    @Jacksonville - VERY winnable
    Oakland - VERY winnable
    Tampa Bay - VERY winnable
    @Cincinnati - tough one on the road
    Houston - winnable

If we take care of business and are able to go 6-4 through the first 10.....who knows what could happen when Josh Gordon comes back???

Could we really be talking

vCash
    I agree BB. I am excited. We faced three Superbowl winners to start the season, a 1-2 is good to me. Could have been 3-0 but just as easily been 0-3.

vCash
    tough loss,didnt see a replay,but honestly thought that steve smith bobbled that ball and it shouldve been booth reviewed...all that aside

*west and crowell are beast,remind me alot of hoard and mack

*where is barkivious mingo on the field?...never hear his name

*ridiculously impressed with what the browns are doing with this rag tag corp of recievers,its amazing really

*damn you billy cundiff
    ....pleasing the casual fan,while telling the hardcore fan to go to hell since 2006

vCash
    Can't say I'm excited. That was a game we should've won...

I find myself thinking all positive-like and filled with hope because of how hard and well our team is playing. But then I remember that this is how it ALWAYS is. We haven't been getting our butts kicked since 1999... we've been losing consistently on fluke crap since 1999. This year isn't any different so far. We never ever play to win, we play not to lose.

Then I look at the easy schedule and reason that we could start winning. Then after 6 weeks after we've lost to the worst teams in the league, I get my hopes up about next year. Deja vu anyone?

Not saying we can't finish this next stretch of games very well, but until it happens I can't get my hopes up anymore. Same thing different year so far. It's so frustrating.

BELIEVELAND 2014 WE PUSHIN

"George Hill is a better pg/player than Kyrie Irving"

-Spursfan1/WadeKobe/Jamiebcaller

vCash

Good teams win games like the one yesterday. No reason we should have lost that game. Too many mental mistakes and missed tackles. I also can't believe how hard it is for us to have a somewhat decent snap on a field goal/extra point attempt. Spencer Lanning made some nice saves on a few of those yesterday. That needs to be fixed pronto.

vCash
    Well at least the Browns can't lose next week.

vCash
    This season already feels like more of the same. A bunch of "what ifs" and "should have won" games. The Browns always throw in some fluke wins against good teams, then rip our hearts out the next week. Always.

vCash
    I actually beg to differ. This is not the same old. The same old, we had no consistency with offense. We ave been consistent this year so far. We have also kept the same quarterback this year. We have also been to in every game this year. If taking 3 , I repeat 3 Superbowl winning coaches and quarterbacks down to the final play of the game makes us same old, then you do not know football. If you expected to go from the embarrassment of last year to beating three Superbowl caliber coaches and quarterbacks to start the season, then your expectations were way too high! If you would have told the majority of us that the first three games this season would come down to the final play, we all would have taken that and smiled. This team is for real. You have the right to doubt, but to say this team is "same old" is ........well.........a "same old" statement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosar4president View Post
    I actually beg to differ. This is not the same old. The same old, we had no consistency with offense. We ave been consistent this year so far. We have also kept the same quarterback this year. We have also been to in every game this year. If taking 3 , I repeat 3 Superbowl winning coaches and quarterbacks down to the final play of the game makes us same old, then you do not know football. If you expected to go from the embarrassment of last year to beating three Superbowl caliber coaches and quarterbacks to start the season, then your expectations were way too high! If you would have told the majority of us that the first three games this season would come down to the final play, we all would have taken that and smiled. This team is for real. You have the right to doubt, but to say this team is "same old" is ........well.........a "same old" statement.
    That's a valid point... I guess I'm tired of looking at other teams as if they should beat us when they were obviously games we should've won. If a team is better then they're better... but both Pittsburg and Baltimore have not shown me they're a better team.

Typically our woes are offensive and this year our offense has looked decent. But we never seem to have a year when our offense, defense, and special teams are clicking. Our special teams have been atrocious this year. Our run defense has been atrocious.

Le'Veon Bell ate us up... ok, he's a good RB. But then Mark Ingram ran all over us. Ok, he's not that good but he has some talent. But then some no-name Baltimore running back steamrolled us. Our run defense is looking horrible and they better fix it (we all remember our Browns teams that couldn't stop the run). Our pass defense isn't looking great either.

So we'll see. It appears we have a good QB and our offensive coordinator is creative and adjusts very well. I believe this team is capable of being a winning team unlike our past teams, but I wouldn't bet money on it.

BELIEVELAND 2014 WE PUSHIN

"George Hill is a better pg/player than Kyrie Irving"

-Spursfan1/WadeKobe/Jamiebcaller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRoo View Post
    This season already feels like more of the same. A bunch of "what ifs" and "should have won" games. The Browns always throw in some fluke wins against good teams, then rip our hearts out the next week. Always.
    You forgot to add in the obligatory head coach taking blame for the team losing.. based on some poor decisions made down the stretch.. which, in reality is also "...more of the same..."

A few other notes..

-Justin Gilbert is getting played like a banjo.. double moves when he's out on an island expose him for what he is.. a rookie with skills that don't measure up to NFL standards.. He's gonna take a while to develop the kind of skills needed to excel as an NFL cornerback.. The Browns may be able to live through his growing pains, but if this was a contending team, Gilbert would be getting reps as a Free Safety & looking over his shoulder as Desir continues to improve..

-Joel Bitonio is a beast.. Damn can that guy play...

-Aytaba Rubin, when he wants.. can be the most dominating interior defensive tackle in the game.. I don't understand why he doesn't ALWAYS want to play at that level...

-Christian Kirksey is not only good.. but , he's getting better.. If not for first round status.. Barky the Dog would be sitting, playing special teams.. and wondering what he's going to do when he's cut.. Mingo played his part in a David Copperfield special.. he disappeared for the Ravens game..

-Gipson, Leonhard, Whitner & Poyer comprise perhaps the strongest group of safeties the Browns have had in quite some time..

-Miles Austin, Travis Benjamin, Andrew Hawkins, & Taylor Gabriel have been surprisingly effective. This group may be the biggest surprise of the team after the running backs..

-Brian Hoyer's performance in this game has to be rated as "winning". Other than being exposed for some arm strength issues.. and a couple of missed 'leads' (throwing the ball where the receiver was, not where he was going) he was tremendous.. Johnny Clipboard was so thoughtful about Brian's performance too.. Johnny was proud !.. (smh)..

And now into the bye week.. this could be a well timed week off.. the wounds can heal.. the performance piqued and the personnel evaluated.. So far.. this team has shown some hopeful signs.. we shall see...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    You forgot to add in the obligatory head coach taking blame for the team losing.. based on some poor decisions made down the stretch.. which, in reality is also "...more of the same..."

A few other notes..

-Justin Gilbert is getting played like a banjo.. double moves when he's out on an island expose him for what he is.. a rookie with skills that don't measure up to NFL standards.. He's gonna take a while to develop the kind of skills needed to excel as an NFL cornerback.. The Browns may be able to live through his growing pains, but if this was a contending team, Gilbert would be getting reps as a Free Safety & looking over his shoulder as Desir continues to improve..

-Joel Bitonio is a beast.. Damn can that guy play...

-Aytaba Rubin, when he wants.. can be the most dominating interior defensive tackle in the game.. I don't understand why he doesn't ALWAYS want to play at that level...

-Christian Kirksey is not only good.. but , he's getting better.. If not for first round status.. Barky the Dog would be sitting, playing special teams.. and wondering what he's going to do when he's cut.. Mingo played his part in a David Copperfield special.. he disappeared for the Ravens game..

-Gipson, Leonhard, Whitner & Poyer comprise perhaps the strongest group of safeties the Browns have had in quite some time..

-Miles Austin, Travis Benjamin, Andrew Hawkins, & Taylor Gabriel have been surprisingly effective. This group may be the biggest surprise of the team after the running backs..

-Brian Hoyer's performance in this game has to be rated as "winning". Other than being exposed for some arm strength issues.. and a couple of missed 'leads' (throwing the ball where the receiver was, not where he was going) he was tremendous.. Johnny Clipboard was so thoughtful about Brian's performance too.. Johnny was proud !.. (smh)..

And now into the bye week.. this could be a well timed week off.. the wounds can heal.. the performance piqued and the personnel evaluated.. So far.. this team has shown some hopeful signs.. we shall see...
    Gilbert does need to get better. Heopefully he is learning while getting tore up. Rubin, I agree as well, when he wants to he is a beast. I am really not that surprised at WR. I thought they may be better than most assumed. The RB is a HUGE shock to me! I think Mingo needs alot of work. HE has been a dissapointment for sure. Hopefully he picks up his game. This team probably won't win the division, but their is some playoff hopes if we can win these winnable games.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast