Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jimmy Haslam = Crook?

Figured this might need to have its own thread as this is pretty huge and unprecendented. Right now the NFL is looking pretty bad letting this all go down without any knowledge of the situation. Below is the link to the affadavit, reading it is making me sick to my stomach.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/687037-affa

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Thanks for the post Otto. Not looking good for JH3 and company. Anyone want to try and pull money together to buy the team? After this there's no way the team sells for a billion again. Each of us on PSD just have to contribute about 100 million. Shouldn't be too hard.

vCash
    This scares the **** out of me.

vCash
    I know this has been said in the past and has been laughed at but they just need to go to Gilbert and his ownership group and say please fix this. I cant see any reason why if you have the money that you wouldnt want to be involved in the largest grossing sport in the world especially with how active you are in the city and another city sports franchise.

I just cant believe the NFL would allow something like this to happen. Goddell has got to be craping himself right now.

vCash
    This really sucks. I like Jimmy, or the impression he gave off last year I suppose. I got really excited over the direction this franchise was going and now who knows what's going to happen. The team can't be moved, right? It's probably a dumb question but I just wanted to make sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    This really sucks. I like Jimmy, or the impression he gave off last year I suppose. I got really excited over the direction this franchise was going and now who knows what's going to happen. The team can't be moved, right? It's probably a dumb question but I just wanted to make sure.
    I cant see them being able to move the team again after what happened the last time. The biggest issue could be with money and the freezing of money by the FBI/IRS where that could affect what is being paid to and what is being extending to the players and everyone in the organization i.e. possible extensions to Mack, Haden and Ward. This is definately the first of this ever happening, I mean owners have been found in schemes in the past and have been weeded out but never this quickly as taking over. I would imagine Goodell already has a list of possible ownership groups that are always looking to get into the NFL and will try bringing this to a quick resolution once the charges have been filed and they find out more but right now it seems like it is just in a holding/waiting stage with the first of the information coming out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    Thanks for the post Otto. Not looking good for JH3 and company. Anyone want to try and pull money together to buy the team? After this there's no way the team sells for a billion again. Each of us on PSD just have to contribute about 100 million. Shouldn't be too hard.
    Just GB the sh$t.

vCash
    This reaks of what happened to Gibson Guitar. This presidential administration is out to kill strong private businesses.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/afte...guitar-company
    [/B]I am a Pit Puritan.

vCash
    ESPN.com legal analyst Lester Munson believes it's in the "realm of possibility" that Browns owner Jimmy Haslam will be asked to sell the team following the FBI's investigation into his travel center company Pilot Flying J.
    The investigation is a huge black eye on the league, which is just six months removed from unanimously approving Haslam as its 32nd owner. The approval supposedly followed a close examination of Haslam's background. Perhaps the league was compelled to ignore some of its questions by Haslam's estimated $1.8 billion net worth. Haslam's future as an owner is clear as mud.
    ESPN Cleveland believes Browns owner Jimmy Haslam could be asked to "step aside" until the FBI finishes its investigation into his travel center company Pilot Flying J.
    "This is worse than a dark cloud. This is a funnel cloud," a source with knowledge of "both the legal system and the inner workings of the NFL" told reporter Tony Grossi. The source believes Haslam could be asked to "remove himself from operational control" of the Browns until there's a resolution, and possibly suspended if he declines. Former 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr. was suspended under similar circumstances in 1999. The NFL has so far declined comment. The league clearly isn't happy with its newest owner, who's tarnished the shield after less than a year on the job.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

I cant see the NFL wanted to drag this on too long. Man this must suck to be Rooney, Mara and Kraft who all endorsed Jimmy as an owner.
    Last edited by ottograham14; 04-19-2013 at 10:23 AM.

vCash
    Between this and the Boston incident and whats happening today I definately need a full bottle of Makers Mark tonight. This is just getting ridiculous.

vCash
    ESPN's Ed Werder reports Browns owner Jimmy Haslam remains involved in draft prep, and has "reassured employees" the FBI's investigation into his trucking company won't jeopardize his status with the team.
    Haslam has maintained his innocence, and painted the episode as more of a misunderstanding than federal crime. If the NFL finds the feds' story more believable, Haslam could be asked to step aside until the case's conclusion. Haslam will be hard pressed to keep his team if he's found guilty on federal charges.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

More updates coming in.

vCash
    Ed Werder on Jimmy Haslam: "NFL league office is downplaying the seriousness of allegations, saying (Haslam) completely will be exonerated."
    -Evan Silva

NFL spokesman said there are no plans for league to ask Jimmy Haslam to step away from #Browns while Pilot Flying J investigation plays out.
    -Scott Petrak

A government affidavit released Thursday said Pilot Flying J CEO Jimmy Haslam knew about alleged fraud at the company, but the executive's wife came to his defense on Friday.

In a brief interview, Dee Haslam said her husband "hasn't done anything wrong. ...He's probably one of the best CEOs anywhere."

Dee Haslam is an accomplished executive in her own right. She is the CEO of local cable television production company Rivr Media, and with her father last year launched a feature film studio called Nest Features.

On Monday, federal agents raided Pilot facilities including its headquarters on Lonas Drive. In an affidavit unsealed on Thursday, the government released documents in which recorded conversations and information from unnamed informants were used to allege that certain Pilot employees have conspired and schemed to engage in rebate fraud for many years.

According to the affidavit, a current sales employee identified as CHS-2 — shorthand for “confidential human source” — alleged that the fraud has occurred with the knowledge of Jimmy Haslam. Specifically, the person said rebate fraud-related activities have been discussed during sales meetings in Knoxville at which Haslam was present.

In a statement issued Thursday evening, Haslam said he had read the affidavits, and “I now understand more clearly the questions the federal investigators are exploring.”

“I maintain that the foundation of this company is built on its integrity and that any willful wrongdoing by any employee of this company at any time is intolerable,” the statement said. “We will continue to cooperate with the federal investigation and continue our own investigation in these allegations.
    http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/ap...nything-wrong/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Lip service right now. The FBI and IRS don't raid you unless they have 99% knowledge of the situation and have grounds to go after the big fish which in this case is Haslem. I don't think this will end well for him and instead of trying to use his southern sway around this he just needs to be completely honest with them as it seems they already have enough to go after him if they wanted to.

vCash
    Tom Withers ‏@twithersAP 24s
    #Browns owner Jimmy Haslam addressing situation in Knoxville.
    I'll post updates as they come...

vCash
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 1m
    #Browns owner Jimmy Haslam speaking now in Knoxville. Said he won't step down as CEO of Pilot Flying J: "I haven't done anything wrong."
    Bruce Hooley ‏@BHOOLZ 1m
    Haslam says business is good and some dealers offered support by volunteering to have rebate programs audited.
    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 10s
    #browns owner jimmy Haslam "I'm highly confident we'll emerge an even better company."
    Anthony Lima ‏@AnthonyLimaFAN 3m
    The State of Pilot Flying J is Strong!! Talk about trying to ease investors' concerns, wow
    Glenn Moore ‏@GlennMooreCLE 15s
    One question asked from media at Jimmy Haslam presser: Will you take the Browns to the Super Bowl? Haslam: Eventually, yes.
    Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 34s
    #browns owner jimmy Haslam maintains that the investigation focuses on a narrow group of customers.
    Tom Withers ‏@twithersAP 12s
    #Browns owner Jimmy Haslam on investigaton: "It's rocked us back." He didn't say one word about team or Cleveland.
    Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 50s
    As owner Jimmy Haslam left room, one reporter asked if he'll take #Browns to Super Bowl. "Eventually, yes," Haslam said. Only CLE mention.
    Not too much coming out of the presser. Seems to be slow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast