Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: On the FAN590

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDD View Post
    One almost throw-away comment that you missed here but I thought was interesting - when AA was asked about Bonifacio originally (I think it was Brunt who asked) the actual question was "Bonifacio is an interesting guy, where do you see him fitting in?"

AA said "Bonifacio is capable of playing in several positions" but he didn't say "Bonifacio will be the starting 2B". Does this mean that maybe AA is looking at Bonifacio in CF? Maybe he's looking for another 2B?
    You mean Izturiz. Its likely Izturiz starts the year at 2B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Alex Anthopoulos on the FAN590's PrimeTime tonight....a few of his comments:

- Trade almost fell apart last day over inclusion of Buck and Mathis. AA wanted to keep Mathis, Miami resolved it by including extra 4 million over this issue.

- The money that changed hands was above the reported $8 million.
    1.) So glad Mathis is gone. Mathis was AA's Frenchy.

2.) It was reported as 8.4 million. Was it above that? Or just above 8 million?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post
    1.) So glad Mathis is gone. Mathis was AA's Frenchy.

2.) It was reported as 8.4 million. Was it above that? Or just above 8 million?
    No one in the media knows for sure the actual value - just someone from yahoo said "it could be over double the original 4 million reported".

I doubt we'll hear much more of how much cash the Marlins had to kick in, their fans are already irate...

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    ^^Someone on PTS (Brunt, I think) asked him flat out if it was more than 8M, AA said yes. 8.5 seems like a reasonable guess, that covers the difference between Mathis/Buck plus the 4M signing bonus Buehrle is due.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    AA said Mathis benefits team in ways doesn't show up on stat sheet. He didn't really want to move him. This and way he talked sounded like he never had the payroll room for Buck. He said it held up deal for 6 hours.
    ya...ok...let's say the trade never happened. 2 years from now it get's leaked...So AA you decided not to pull the trigger on one of the biggest 1 sided trades in history because...you wanted to keep the back-up catcher who career BA is .198. Yes, that would have gone over well with the fans.

So he give a lot to the team that doesn't show up on stats??...Unless he's the team fluffer and get's the boys all randy before games...I ain't buying it. Even if AA's selling it.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyen View Post
    ya...ok...let's say the trade never happened. 2 years from now it get's leaked...So AA you decided not to pull the trigger on one of the biggest 1 sided trades in history because...you wanted to keep the back-up catcher who career BA is .198. Yes, that would have gone over well with the fans.

So he give a lot to the team that doesn't show up on stats??...Unless he's the team fluffer and get's the boys all randy before games...I ain't buying it. Even if AA's selling it.
    Way he talked don't think that was sole reason. Taking on Buck's contract was a factor.

vCash
    Buck needs to convince JJ to resign with us. Buck already got JJ and Buerhle hooked about coming to TO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KidDraco View Post
    Buck needs to convince JJ to resign with us. Buck already got JJ and Buerhle hooked about coming to TO.
    A winning environment, great fan support, and a good contract offer should be able to do that for Buck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    ^^Someone on PTS (Brunt, I think) asked him flat out if it was more than 8M, AA said yes. 8.5 seems like a reasonable guess, that covers the difference between Mathis/Buck plus the 4M signing bonus Buehrle is due.
    I think it may actually be quite a bit more then 8M...not another 500K. When they asked AA that question he didn't pause at all and said it would be more then that. I think he was laughing internally at the numbers being thrown around. I really have no idea how much more it was, but from the way he said it, and from how hush,hush they are keeping the dollar amount, I think we got quite a bit of money thrown in. I think it would make the Marlins look even worse publicly if the exact amount came out, so that's why I think it is substantially more then 8M. 8M doesn't look too bad on them at all considering we took Buck and how much those players are owed over the next few seasons.

This was an absolute fleecing, and only people high up on the inside know exactly how bad it was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think it may actually be quite a bit more then 8M...not another 500K. When they asked AA that question he didn't pause at all and said it would be more then that. I think he was laughing internally at the numbers being thrown around. I really have no idea how much more it was, but from the way he said it, and from how hush,hush they are keeping the dollar amount, I think we got quite a bit of money thrown in. I think it would make the Marlins look even worse publicly if the exact amount came out, so that's why I think it is substantially more then 8M. 8M doesn't look too bad on them at all considering we took Buck and how much those players are owed over the next few seasons.

This was an absolute fleecing, and only people high up on the inside know exactly how bad it was.
    I got the impression from the PTS interview that it was substantially more than 8 million as well. Maybe I expected him to say something like "it was around there" if it hovered in the area of 8 million, but him quickly stating it was more made me assume it was significant. It is all assumptions though and I'm not sure it matters. But Anthopolous definitely said it was more than 8 million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysFan87 View Post
    You mean Izturiz. Its likely Izturiz starts the year at 2B.
    Bonifacio is a better player than izturis so I'm not sure why everyone's saying Izturis is gonna be the starter. Maicer is similar to Boni in that he can play multiple positions so I see him as the utility man.

I think Bonifacio is highly underrated on this board. He's a pretty damn good player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    Bonifacio is a better player than izturis so I'm not sure why everyone's saying Izturis is gonna be the starter. Maicer is similar to Boni in that he can play multiple positions so I see him as the utility man.

I think Bonifacio is highly underrated on this board. He's a pretty damn good player.
    I agree. I'm surprised how many people are either down on Bonifacio, or overrating Maicer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    I agree. I'm surprised how many people are either down on Bonifacio, or overrating Maicer.
    Same (I think it's the "one good year" argument - which is valid).

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Bonafacio is basically Lind when you think about it. He's had one good year and the rest of his career his been awful, and there's nothing to suggest he'll ever hit like that again.

Having a flukey good year doesn't make one a good player. Izturis has been better in both the short term (2012) and career. That's why people want him as the starter.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post

say what?

Bonifacio .267/.329/.343 20%K

Izturis .273/.337/.381 10% K

While those career numbers seem to be similar you really have to take into account that Bonifasio had a career season 2 years ago (.296/.360/.393 with BABIP of .372) the line is doable but the BABIP is not even close to being sustainable and it shows as other than that year his best season was in 2010 with a line of .261/.320/.328 and a .333 BABIP. Bonifacio is just not a good player and should not see regular playing time.

Izturis btw has been right around his career averages for most of his season and his defense is far and away better than bonifacio. Its really no contest if u ask me.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast