Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: On the FAN590

vCash
    Bob Elliot was on FAN tonight...said he thinks Jays may be peddling Rasmus? Elliot said he thinks this because he's been getting calls from other teams asking what he thought of Rasmus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post
    Bob Elliot was on FAN tonight...said he thinks Jays may be peddling Rasmus? Elliot said he thinks this because he's been getting calls from other teams asking what he thought of Rasmus.
    Then what? A Gose/Bonifacio CF platoon?

I think if we are gonna trade Rasmus we should wait till the Trade Deadline. See if he can find his hot streak again, and let Gose get more seasoning at Buffalo.

vCash
    he called JPA a polished hitter, thought that was odd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Then what? A Gose/Bonifacio CF platoon?

I think if we are gonna trade Rasmus we should wait till the Trade Deadline. See if he can find his hot streak again, and let Gose get more seasoning at Buffalo.
    Bon an play cf everyday. Cabrera now everyday lf. Seems like still joisting on this lineup yet. I am expecting one move major move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ah nuts View Post
    he called JPA a polished hitter, thought that was odd.
    Yeah, don't know what he meant on that one....if he has reached his peak?

vCash
    yah im pretty sure he meant what you see is what you get with JP......not gonna be much more than a .230-.250ish hitter with decent power

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    To me, Bob Elliot always sounds like he's mumbling on the radio.

Sydney, Australia but born in Exhibition Stadium
    vCash
    Thank God. Shake this team up. Have a top player in every position. Ramsus has had his chance. Move him while he has decent trade value.
    Hey! It'S JoeyBatS

vCash
    Bob elliot sounds bored when he's talking or drugged up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by superfio View Post
    Actually it feels like AJ Burnett gamble all over again

If healthy and focused... burnett was lights out n perfect understudy to anchor halladay

But Burnett had injury problems (TJ surgery again) or anxiety issues (probably facing too much pressure, one being moron gm riccardi who blamed heavily. Actually I give credit to Cito Gaston which Burnett thanked before bolting to yankees, then sucked again, ha!)

So JJ may go in any direction. He can domimate, crack under pressure, or injured and forgotten like santana

by the way, AA has had his fair share of missed talent judgments of hill + jj / lind / napoli + frank francisco / cordero so he may or may not get it right in identifying future talent (although proven genius with bautisa. & ee signings / v.wells dumping / brett wallace + gose trading / prospect drafting of many blue chip studs etc...
    Burnett has been inconsistent his entire career. Johnson is less inconsistent and it's more about health with him. Johnson only has 1 year with an era over 4 (and he only started 4 games that year). Burnett has some bad era numbers for a guy that signed a few big contracts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    To me, Bob Elliot always sounds like he's mumbling on the radio.
    I always assumed he was drunk. Looks like a scotch kinda guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    I always assumed he was drunk. Looks like a scotch kinda guy.
    I've heard that he's a big drinker. Gets excellent quotes from the guys he drinks with.

Anyways, as for Rasmus, I would be fine with Gose starting in CF next year. He's just as good a defender as Rasmus. Trade Rasmus + Arencibia to the Rangers for Ogando and a spec.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I've heard that he's a big drinker. Gets excellent quotes from the guys he drinks with.

Anyways, as for Rasmus, I would be fine with Gose starting in CF next year. He's just as good a defender as Rasmus. Trade Rasmus + Arencibia to the Rangers for Ogando and a spec.
    Needs to be decent prospect because they are getting catcher and centerfielder for bullpen arm last year.

vCash
    personally i think bob elliott is an idiot. dont know how he gets all this universal critical acclaim, he really seems to know nothing about baseball

"jp arencibia is a polished hitter" sorry what?

vCash
    ^^ when he said that I took it as meaning as polished as hell get....which I think is right

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast