Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On the FAN590

vCash

On the FAN590

Matt Sosnick...agent for Josh Johnson....appeared on the FAN today...a few of his comments.

- JJ excited to come to Toronto, believes Jays have chance to win AL East. Excited to get out of Florida, fresh start.

- Miami franchise destroyed, guys want out of there as quick as they can. Players left there are really ticked off. He still represents Ricky Nolasco

- Anthopoulos very cautious about stuff, from agent's viewpoint he is a very good GM. Alex felt time to go all in. This trade will be his legacy.

- First contract players looking for financial security. Examples were Matt Moore, Jay Bruce. JJ has already had that. Now, players looking to win.

- Taxes are way of life, not an issue to JJ, he still makes big money.

- Thinks more to this trade. AA took on a lot of money. NYY and Texas willing to give up a ton for JJ. Against way Anthopoulos does business not to listen and try to acquire more talent.

- How this trade works out will have great bearing on value of these two franchises

vCash
    anywhere jj goes he'll pay big taxes (except places like florida or texas -- always possible).

vCash
    real good to hear.....hopefully an extension can get done before or early into the season

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GNick View Post

- Thinks more to this trade. AA took on a lot of money. NYY and Texas willing to give up a ton for JJ. Against way Anthopoulos does business not to listen and try to acquire more talent.
    I wonder if there's any way you could pry Darvish lose from Texas. I know, dreaming, but if they really love JJ, and they need catching and like JPA, you could see that JJ plus JPA + top prospect maybe?

I kind of think Darvish is probably almost untouchable....but you never know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysforever View Post
    I wonder if there's any way you could pry Darvish lose from Texas. I know, dreaming, but if they really love JJ, and they need catching and like JPA, you could see that JJ plus JPA + top prospect maybe?

I kind of think Darvish is probably almost untouchable....but you never know.
    Johnson > Darvish.

vCash
    What could the Yanks or Rangers possibly give for Johnson?

If the Rangers are willing to part with Kinsler, I'd listen. Otherwise, I dont see them trading their other power guys, giving up Profar (and dont need a SS now anyways) and they really have no pitching to pry Johnson away.

Yanks -- God what can they offer? Cano? Otherwise no thanks to them too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Johnson > Darvish.
    agreed **** darvish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Johnson > Darvish.
    Darvish is on a really nice contract though, and figures to get better after his 1st year adjustment. I think he's only about $12mm a year for 5 more years. Sweet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
    agreed **** darvish
    Oh really! Gee, bet you weren't saying that last year. Still a bit of pain?

vCash

\s
    i didn't like hearing this, but he is correct, AA usually don't think short terms of one year. he is more of a big picture guy.

however, this is a different case with weak yank and boston teams and he does get a type A draft pick which are becoming harder to obtain.

it will be interesting

vCash
    Darvish is on a really nice contract though, and figures to get better after his 1st year adjustment. I think he's only about $12mm a year for 5 more years. Sweet!
    Year 1 is always advantage pitcher. Batters will adjust to him much more than he will adjust to batters.

vCash
    I just don't know who is available. If we can get a pitcher on a good contract who is better than Johnson by tossing in a prospect, then yeah, you go for it. I just don't see there being too many better pitchers available via trade. More likely to move a catcher, IMO.

vCash
    - First contract players looking for financial security. Examples were Matt Moore, Jay Bruce. JJ has already had that. Now, players looking to win.
    Don't like the sounds of that, but expected.

vCash
    This quote wasn't mentioned though, which sounds much more encouraging than the above:

Better even, perhaps, Sosnick flatly dismisses the notion that taxes are an issue for his client, and says he’s certainly open to signing an extension, “if there’s a fair sharing of the risk,” and “as long as the player is happy.”

vCash
    Oh really! Gee, bet you weren't saying that last year. Still a bit of pain?
    It's been a year. Get over the girl being with the guy driving the BMW. Darvish didn't work out...**** him and that whole situation.

JJ is more than an adequate replacement.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast