Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 62
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,414
    vCash
    5471

    ewing

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Sabonis is a great answer, but so is Bill Laimbeer. He could drop a three like nothing. And Sam Perkins is in the conversation, though he was as good a rebounder as Laimbeer.

    I give Laimbeer the edge, because he could shoot the three, but he was also an amazing rebounder and great defender.

    Laimbeer was a foward as was Perk- though i guess he was closer to a center.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,482
    vCash
    1500
    Robert Horry?!?

    Channing Frye?

    A bunch of other guys?
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    7,949
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Laimbeer was a foward as was Perk- though i guess he was closer to a center.
    When you correct somebody, it's a good idea to know what you are talking about first.

    I grew up watching the Pistons, and I don't remember Laimbeer ever playing forward. The Pistons had a lot of bigs (MaHorn, Edwards, Salley), and sometimes had two on the court at the same time, but Laimbeer was their starting center.

    Check out his BBR page:

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...laimbbi01.html

    Clearly listed as center.
    Likewise Wikipedia has him listed as a center:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Laimbeer


    Perkins generally played Center, though he played PF as well.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...perkisa01.html


    Anything else you want to correct me on?
    Last edited by JasonJohnHorn; 11-14-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,414
    vCash
    5471

    ewing

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    When you correct somebody, it's a good idea to know what you are talking about first.

    I grew up watching the Pistons, and I don't remember Laimbeer ever playing forward. The Pistons had a lot of bigs (MaHorn, Edwards, Salley), and sometimes had two on the court at the same time, but Laimbeer was their starting center.

    Check out his BBR page:

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...laimbbi01.html

    Clearly listed as center.
    Likewise Wikipedia has him listed as a center:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Laimbeer


    Perkins generally played Center, though he played PF as well.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...perkisa01.html


    Anything else you want to correct me on?

    I always considered James Edwards the center on the Pistons and Rich Mahorn/Spider his backup.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    7,949
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I always considered James Edwards the center on the Pistons and Rich Mahorn/Spider his backup.
    Chuck Daly had a lot of success with two big men on the court at the same time. He liked the big line-ups. But you'll see it's Laimbeer that is tangling with Kareem and Parish and the like.

    Daly also preferred MaHorn to Edwards I think, but the Pistons gave MaHorn up in the expansion draft, so Edwards got his spot in the starting line-up the following year.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,414
    vCash
    5471

    ewing

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Chuck Daly had a lot of success with two big men on the court at the same time. He liked the big line-ups. But you'll see it's Laimbeer that is tangling with Kareem and Parish and the like.

    Daly also preferred MaHorn to Edwards I think, but the Pistons gave MaHorn up in the expansion draft, so Edwards got his spot in the starting line-up the following year.

    I'll take your word for it. I guess i always consider Edwards a starting center b/c he was taller and played in the post on O.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tigard, OR
    Posts
    299
    vCash
    1500
    Sabonis was a good shooter and great passer...definitely the best.
    Divac, Brad Miller, and Lafrentz had longer careers.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,333
    vCash
    1500
    Yao Ming had beautiful form on his jumper and it was pretty reliable out to about 15-20 I think.

    Young Sabonis would also probably be in contention.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    9,551
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    LOL at Bol. He actually caught fire one random night. But still, no


    Not sure I would rate Sikma up there considering he didn't start bombing away till he was out of his prime. Memo was an actual ALL-STAR while bombing away.
    Yeah, it was against the Suns. I remember that game lol.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    12,647
    vCash
    1500
    I think it was Sabonis. Although it's difficult to be absolute on, Sabonis didn't start playing in the NBA until he was in his 30's. Okur was better from three during his NBA years, but Sabonis could spread it, and was probably better at everything else.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,543
    vCash
    1500
    Dirk Nowitzki when Don Nelson was coaching the Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    When pistons had two bigs, it used to be Mahorn at PF and Laimbeer at C.

    then aftert a while and with Mahor gone with the expansion Rodman woudl play most of the time at PF and bill at center.

    The only minutes Bill played PF was with Edwards or Bedford ( yep the whole 5 minutes of that drughead in the league )

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,375
    vCash
    1500
    Lefrentz, Sabonis

    Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

    They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,164
    vCash
    10000
    Andrew Bynum guys
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,940
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsdelez24 View Post
    Brad Miller comes to mind
    Definitely a better player than Okur in his prime but in terms of filling the role I think its a closer argument. Okur had the range, but Brad struck me as more consistent with his midrange-deep2 game.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    No love for Wang zizi?

    or more seriously for Ming?
    Yes to Wang, no on Ming. Yao played on the inside and didn't have the range on his J. He has a nice touch from in between but thats not stretching the D much. Even Pau is a better stretch-5.


    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    Yao Ming had beautiful form on his jumper and it was pretty reliable out to about 15-20 I think.

    Young Sabonis would also probably be in contention.
    Yao was primarily an inside scorer. He had a nice touch but he lacked the deep2/corner game. And as minor as a point as it is, teams rarely feared closing out on him from deep. Its a minor point because plenty centers didn't put it on the floor but Yao is a special kind of slow. Even for a primary set shooter he wouldn't really headfake you out of your shoes to set you up for a J. He could still shoot over you, he just wasn't very efficient at it from deep.






    Quote Originally Posted by Il Mago50 View Post
    Robert Horry?!?

    Channing Frye?

    A bunch of other guys?
    Horry was more of a 4. Same with Frye but in this day and age hes becoming a defacto 5. I guess that would count but hes definitely several tiers below Okur
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •