Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are the Red Sox the worst team in the AL East???

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

88 88.00%
  • No

12 12.00%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    At this second, yes

By the beginning of next year, prob not
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    But the Jays, for now, have the headlines, they are irrelevent in terms of that. I wont rain on your 48 hour parade, you guys deserve this much. Kudos and I'll eat crow if you finish 10 over. Peace.
    I think you mean relevant, but thank you for not raining on our 2 day parade! That was very kind of you.

vCash
    Right now they are.

The Yankees, Rays and Orioles have rosters that are capable of reaching the playoffs when healthy.
    With Toronto landing this mega deal, they've put themselves into the same category, AS LONG as their key players can stay healthy.. Josh Johnson could significantly improve their starting pitching.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    I have no bias. Lord forbid someone isnt drooling over your farm system. Again, what has it done for the Jays the last 10 years? NOTHING. Is the Jays farm system better than the Yankees? Absolutely. Im not saying it isnt. Lets see how this trade works out and see where the Jays are in August/September. Until then, they are an irrelevant team.
    They were irrelevant. Please tell me what producing a player 10 years ago has to do with anything now? You know who we got by trading farm pieces? Marcum for Lawrie. League for Morrow. Robinson Diaz for Jose Bautista. Encarnacion for Rolen. Need I go on? dealing Halladay, a homegrown player which turned into D'arnaud,Gose and Drabek, our top prospect and one our top 5 prospects.
    As in major league ready talent, from what I have seen and from what I've heard from other jays fans. Im not saying in general but this trade may have put the farm system back atleast a few years.
    No it hasn't. I have no idea what you're talking about. Hech is close to mlb ready but he still needs AB's in the minors in a perfect world. Nicolino is still a few years away, Marisnick is still very raw like Hech...I really don't think you know what you're talking about. Our most MLB ready prospects are D'arnaud,Gose,Sierra and Stroman. I really think you're reaching big time here.

vCash
    Just seems a bit like a panic move. Just my humble opinion. AA obviously is a smarter guy than I am so we'll see how it plays out. Enjoy!
    Picking up all-stars in their prime is a panic move?

vCash
    holy frig people...The Jays have been the laughing stock of the MLB for the 2000's...less lately but still...brutal. The Red Sox had their brutal years too. Baseball, unless you have uber deep pockets like NYY, LAA, Texas, etc, is about build, rebuild, hopefully develop your youth....the Jays have done a great job over the past 4-5 yrs of developing their youth and farm. This has given then the luxury of being able to use these kids, and the marketing power that goes along with the development, to get a trade like they got today. There is no way, not in a million years, that this trade is balanced from a talent perspective. BUT...it is nice, as a Jays fan for my entire life (well since they started), that they are relevant again.

The Jays had a good team last year, but injuries prevented that from coming to fruition. but alot of teams had serious injury problems last year and its just simply part of the game.

I think that the Jays still have several moves coming - I think that they are looking for another proven and strong starting pitcher. I think that they will move JPA and pieces for that. and I think that they are looking for more OBP hitters...and they will spend up to $145M to get the team...IMO Rogers has told Alex Anthopolus...now is the time...spend to your hearts content. We want to win, we want a product on the field that at least on paper is in contention...we want to play with NY, Boston, Texas, etc salary wise...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    JJ is very injury prone. Have fun with Reyes after a few years. Its a move for now, not the future.

vCash
    JJ is very injury prone. Have fun with Reyes after a few years. Its a move for now, not the future.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting it's a move for the future, but your assertion that they gutted their farm system to make this "now" move is simply not even remotely true.

Josh Johnson's injury situation may be overblown a bit. He did miss almost all of 2011 due to recovering from surgery, but in the other 3 of the past 4 years he was 209, 183.2 and 191.1 innings pitched.

It's a valid concern that a human being who's had an injury in the past may get injured again in the future, but he's only signed through 2013 anyways.

I thought you said you were going to let us have our 48 hour parade uninterrupted, after your previous interruption!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    How has that thinking helped the Royals, Pirates, Astros, and Mariners?
    completely differently than it has helped the Nationals, Pirates, and Rays

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    holy frig people...The Jays have been the laughing stock of the MLB for the 2000's...less lately but still...brutal. The Red Sox had their brutal years too. Baseball, unless you have uber deep pockets like NYY, LAA, Texas, etc, is about build, rebuild, hopefully develop your youth....the Jays have done a great job over the past 4-5 yrs of developing their youth and farm. This has given then the luxury of being able to use these kids, and the marketing power that goes along with the development, to get a trade like they got today. There is no way, not in a million years, that this trade is balanced from a talent perspective. BUT...it is nice, as a Jays fan for my entire life (well since they started), that they are relevant again.

The Jays had a good team last year, but injuries prevented that from coming to fruition. but alot of teams had serious injury problems last year and its just simply part of the game.

I think that the Jays still have several moves coming - I think that they are looking for another proven and strong starting pitcher. I think that they will move JPA and pieces for that. and I think that they are looking for more OBP hitters...and they will spend up to $145M to get the team...IMO Rogers has told Alex Anthopolus...now is the time...spend to your hearts content. We want to win, we want a product on the field that at least on paper is in contention...we want to play with NY, Boston, Texas, etc salary wise...
    Red Sox have deep pockets too, they just know how to acknowledge a mistake unlike LAA (Wells, etc.), and the Yankees (A-Rod, Jeter, etc.)

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Red Sox have deep pockets too, they just know how to acknowledge a mistake unlike LAA (Wells, etc.), and the Yankees (A-Rod, Jeter, etc.)
    It sounded like the Angels were trying to get rid of Wells, and the Yankees would love to ship A-Rod out but he has a no-trade clause and even if he'd waive it, who would take him?

As for Jeter, I'm not a fan of him at all, but how can you possibly claim resigning him was a mistake? Defensively? maybe. But he's definitely worked out for them quite well all things considered. Far from a mistake.

The Yankees, overall, have been a model of good spending considering their dominance of the most difficult division in baseball over the past 15 years.

vCash
    JJ threw 191 innings last season. Reyes played in 160 games. Your bias stinks.

vCash
    JJ threw 191 innings last season. Reyes played in 160 games. Your bias stinks.
    Still with JJ a FA next year it is a move for the present. Also Reyes may end up at 2nd base in a few years regardless of him missing games or not. I wouldn't assume either gets hurt next year though. They should both do really well. I think JJ will kill it in Toronto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    they are the marlins of the AL
    dont forget houston is now in the AL
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Reyes and Buehrle are both past their prime - obviously. Buehrle can still throw innings which has value, but he's been declining and the AL East has killed him in the past - look at the splits.

Reyes is a brutal fielding SS now - much less then what you dealt. He's a bit above average with the bat outside of his one big year. He's injury prone and artificial surfaces kill him. I'd bet anybody that his last 4 years on average will be well below in FG WAR $ then his salary - at least $7M per, if not $14M per. Ugh.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-15-2012 at 09:42 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast