Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are the Red Sox the worst team in the AL East???

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

88 88.00%
  • No

12 12.00%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Fast View Post
    I didnt think I would see the day but it looks like they are for now. What do you think?
    The red sox always suck. Even when they swept the W.S. they still sucked. If they win every game during the season and sweep all the way to W.S. title you can still say, 'The Red Sox suck'.

Great thread !!!!!
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    The red sox always suck. Even when they swept the W.S. they still sucked. If they win every game during the season and sweep all the way to W.S. title you can still say, 'The Red Sox suck'.

Great thread !!!!!
    Its cute when you try to post something funny

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    Apparently Boston was interested in acquiring Reyes before he was traded to Toronto
    I hope that's not true. One of the 10 worst contracts in all MLB.

He's now a well below average fielder, outside of his big year a slightly over average hitter. If the Marlins ate his salary so he'd be $7M every year he might be worth it, as long as you rest him on every artificial field.

The worst part of this deal for Jays is him, followed by the soft serve lefty in the AL East where his records are awful.

Good for Jays at first, migrating to awful after 2014 or 2015.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-14-2012 at 06:22 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    i don't think Johnson is going to make it to free agency, he'll sign an extension before the end of april
    Blue Jays 2013 world champs, just watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I hope that's not true. One of the 10 worst contracts in all MLB.

He's now a well below average fielder, outside of his big year a slightly over average hitter. If the Marlins ate his salary so he'd be $7M every year he might be worth it, as long as you rest him on every artificial field.

The worst part of this deal for Jays is him, followed by the soft serve lefty in the AL East where his records are awful.

Good for Jays at first, migrating to awful after 2014 or 2015.
    Was just trying to make a point as a poster stated that Cherington was not looking for "quick fixes". As i stated before, Im not saying that he would have made the trade, but it seems he has shown intent to make the team better now, which might result in the loss of prospects or young players on your roster

vCash
    They would have to sign Grenkie AND Hamilton to pull themselves out o the basement, so even considering Free Agency potential, they will probably be the worst team next year.

vCash
    double post

vCash
    As of now, they are, but they won't be for long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramantula View Post
    i don't think Johnson is going to make it to free agency, he'll sign an extension before the end of april
    Are you sure?

IP per year since he became a regular:

He's getting paid $13.75M now. I wouldn't be too confident about this happening and less confident that the Jays would get their monies worth if they do as you say.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
    They would have to sign Grenkie AND Hamilton to pull themselves out o the basement, so even considering Free Agency potential, they will probably be the worst team next year.
    It's fine, it's a cycle. What's wrong is reacting to this deal. Execute the plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    they are the marlins of the AL
    How so?

1. The Red Sox have some solid young players (Middlebrooks, Doubront, etc.)

2. They have a solid core of prime aged players (Lester, Pedrioa, Buchholz, Bailey, Ellsbury, Saltalamacchia)

3. They have a very good farm system. Look through this website to learn a little more about their prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    How many times over the past 20 years have we been served the magic BS potion from the Blue Jays and there fans trying to say "this is our year look out for the Blue Jays!"

History tells me, no matter how good your roster looks on paper (and you've had a couple lineups in the past better than the current) that you'll find a way to be out of contention by mid July.

That's why we play the games.
    And how many times did Sox fans gush over Manny Ramirez after showing he's borderline ********? how many Sox fans thought Crawford was a great signing? We had the second best offense last year before all the injuries, an MVP candidate, a deep rotation, a deep pen,a deep bench and still have a great farm and AA isn't even done yet. Keep living on fantasy island though, where unicorns ride leprechauns and every prospect makes the big leagues. 2015 baby, 2015. The year the blue jays suddenly fall apart AmIRight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    And how many times did Sox fans gush over Manny Ramirez after showing he's borderline ********? how many Sox fans thought Crawford was a great signing? We had the second best offense last year before all the injuries, an MVP candidate, a deep rotation, a deep pen,a deep bench and still have a great farm and AA isn't even done yet. Keep living on fantasy island though, where unicorns ride leprechauns and every prospect makes the big leagues. 2015 baby, 2015. The year the blue jays suddenly fall apart AmIRight?
    Yeah I'm not going to put much stock into the Jays, not until they actually do something.

BTW, I figured the Leprechauns would ride the unicorns?

vCash
    Right now, you could probably say yes. But FA hasn't begun. I am not sold still on Baltimore; they are a team that could easily go back to last place.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    The Jays pretty much gutted their farm for 3 question marks. Ballsy move but it may not work out.

1.JJ is injury prone, never pitched in the AL, especially the AL East
    2. Reyes injury prone as well, tends to be a head case, possibly his best years are behind him.
    3. Buehrle, solid pitcher, AL tested, not AL East tested.

It's a gamble. I wouldnt be shocked if it blows up in the Jays face or if they do succeed. Time will tell.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast