Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are the Red Sox the worst team in the AL East???

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

88 88.00%
  • No

12 12.00%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Here is my thing.

The Sox have 60 million on the books Pre arb for 2013, around 45 million I believer in 2014, and (this will blow some minds), 12.7 million in guaranteed money (again pre-arb) for 2015.

You have Xander Boagerts, Matt Barnes, Jackey Bradley Jr., Allen Webster, and Bryce Brentz all probably top 100 prospects (Brentz will be in some and out of some), and all of them are going to be at AA/AAA this upcoming season

Then Rubby De La Rosa who is going to be 24 and from what from what scouts/Dodgers fans say he has 1-2 SP Potential.
    Owens is on most top 100's now and Cecchini is fringy too, but if he posts a near .400 OBP this year again he'll be there.

vCash
    Jays will continue being better if they really want. The owner is BY FAR the richest in baseball (Rogers Communications). If they want, they can go nuts! Have deeper pockets than all of the AL East teams put together -- they just chose not to invest in the club in the past, but I think now's the time they will.

Not to mention they have the best depth of all the farm systems in the AL -- D'Arnaud, Syndergaard, Sanchez, Osuna, Gose, Norris, Smoral, Lopez, etc etc.

If the owners decide its time to spend more, this team will be very dangerous and no team will be able to compete...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Jays will continue being better if they really want. The owner is BY FAR the richest in baseball (Rogers Communications). If they want, they can go nuts! Have deeper pockets than all the AL East team together -- they just choose not to invest in the club, but I think now's the time they will.

Not to mention they have the best depth of all the farm systems in the AL -- D'Arnaud, Syndergaard, Sanchez, Osuna, Gose, Norris, Smoral, Lopez, etc etc.

If the owners decide its time to spend more, this team will be very dangerous and no team will be able to compete...
    Back it up a little there, champ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    Why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    They were. I'm bet Buehrle was a deal breaker though. Not a good fit especially considering how much he is paid.
    And who do the Sox have that's stable like him? Lester is the closest and coming off a horrible year. Buchholz is injured more than I care to count. I doubt the Sox will win the Greinke sweepstakes.

If the Sox want to strengthen their rotation, it will take giving up prospects like the Jays just gave up in a trade.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    Why?
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    whats the point of this thread, atm they obviously are

vCash
    And who do the Sox have that's stable like him? Lester is the closest and coming off a horrible year. Buchholz is injured more than I care to count. I doubt the Sox will win the Greinke sweepstakes.

If the Sox want to strengthen their rotation, it will take giving up prospects like the Jays just gave up in a trade.
    Or they sign a couple of low risk high reward guys short term and be content with letting their prospects get their feet wet at the major league level for the next year or two and be content that in 2015 they will once again have a solid core of young cost controlled players that will allow them to be a contender.

Its called rebuilding and believe it or not it has worked once or twice before.

vCash
    How many times over the past 20 years have we been served the magic BS potion from the Blue Jays and there fans trying to say "this is our year look out for the Blue Jays!"

History tells me, no matter how good your roster looks on paper (and you've had a couple lineups in the past better than the current) that you'll find a way to be out of contention by mid July.

That's why we play the games.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar

French Canadian Eugenie Bouchard

LET'S GO HABS!!!!

vCash

If they want to strengthen the rotation they'll let guys like De La Rosa, Barnes, Webster & Owens develop and fill the holes when the come up. The Sox are not trying to build a contender right after they dismantled the team. They'll let key prospects develop while using the others a trade bait to get younger
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 11-14-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Which is more Epic?
    A) Chara vs. Smith
    or
    B) Quincey's Reaction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    They were. I'm bet Buehrle was a deal breaker though. Not a good fit especially considering how much he is paid.
    Yes i realize that, i was just responding to the one poster that said that Cherington was not looking for "quick fixes". Im not saying that he would have made a trade, but he has shown intent to make the team better now, which might result in the loss of prospects or young players on your roster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    How many times over the past 20 years have we been served the magic BS potion from the Blue Jays and there fans trying to say "this is our year look out for the Blue Jays!"

History tells me, no matter how good your roster looks on paper (and you've had a couple lineups in the past better than the current) that you'll find a way to be out of contention by mid July.

That's why we play the games.
    You guys had the 2000's but who was better in the 1980's and 1990's? *cough* Jays *cough* And the 2010's it will be the Jays again.

Its been a while no doubt for the Jays, but they will turn it around here. Not saying the Jays will make the playoffs guaranteed (neither will the Sox) but they were better than the Sox even though virtually every Jay was on the DL all at once and doesnt matter who the Sox add, Jays still have a better overall team. Sox have no pen. Rotation in shambles. Yikes.
    Last edited by Sanyo; 11-14-2012 at 05:28 PM.

vCash
    You guys had the 2000's but who was better in the 1980's and 1990's? *cough* Jays *cough* And the 2010's it will be the Jays again.

Its been a while no doubt for the Jays, but they will turn it around here. Not saying the Jays will make the playoffs guaranteed (neither will the Sox) but they were better than the Sox even though virtually every Jay was on the DL all at once and doesnt matter who the Sox add, Jays still have a better overall team. Sox have no pen. Rotation in shambles. Yikes.
    In fairness, the Red Sox had their fair share of injuries as well. Perhaps not to the same degree as the Blue Jays, but it was still very significant. In addition, they now have some prospects and financial flexibility going forward. It's not unlike where the Blue Jays were a couple of years ago and I fully expect their front office to be very proactive in turning things around.

As for the Jays, things look good right now, both short and long term. That being said, stuff happens and games still need to be played (as Boston fans are quick to remind us). Injuries or off years to/by key players can ruin teams.

vCash
    I will start by stating I am a Jays fan (so that is the bias I view things from).

However, this thread is definitely a little ridiculous. Would it shock me if the Red Sox were in 5th in 2013? No. Is that thread worthy if it happens? No. So why is it thread worthy now? Why deliberately troll the Red Sox fans?

The Sox have several good young prospects, ownership that has proven it will spend a ton, and lots of roster flexibility moving forward. The major league roster is a little barren right now, but it is absurd to suggest that it will be more than a 2-3 year rebuild (and maybe less).

That said, the vitriol from Red Sox fans is also pretty comical. Why get so defensive? We get it, you won two titles more recently than the Jays won two titles. But just as it would be petty for a Jays fan to waive around the 90 years before 2004, it is foolish for the Red Sox to act as though they have been dominant for years based on two titles this decade. Big Brother in the division is the Yankees (to both the Jays and Sox). Period. History has shown that. And the Yankees have a lot of issues to confront going forward (though they have lots of resources to address those issues). Why is the focus on Boston again? And why are the Red Sox fans so angry at Jays fans?

vCash
    they are the marlins of the AL

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast