Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Are the Red Sox the worst team in the AL East???

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    88 88.00%
  • No

    12 12.00%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 123

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,245
    vCash
    1500

    Are the Red Sox the worst team in the AL East???

    I didnt think I would see the day but it looks like they are for now. What do you think?
    Last edited by Ty Fast; 11-14-2012 at 02:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,508
    vCash
    1500
    The Red Sox have tons of money to spend. Let's wait until spring training.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,818
    vCash
    1500
    Depends what they do in FA. Obviously right now they suck bad

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    at this moment, yes.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,427
    vCash
    1500
    Yup

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,646
    vCash
    1500
    I think the O's fall back to earth and finish last
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,841
    vCash
    1620
    Why wouldn't they be? The Orioles and Yanks made the playoffs, the Rays almost made it, and the Blue Jays just got significantly better.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,503
    vCash
    1500
    Proudly.

    Theo told the owners to scale back back before '09. They didn't listen. Just because you have money it doesn't mean you spend it.

    Flush out the rest of the trash this year. Do not trade off the farm (unless it's for a Stanton sort of player). Do not indulge in any long term deals. 2015-2020 everything should be back to normal.

    Jays are playing for 2013-2015 now. Afterwards? Hard to say, but I wouldn't bet on them.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Proudly.

    Theo told the owners to scale back back before '09. They didn't listen. Just because you have money it doesn't mean you spend it.

    Flush out the rest of the trash this year. Do not trade off the farm (unless it's for a Stanton sort of player). Do not indulge in any long term deals. 2015-2020 everything should be back to normal.

    Jays are playing for 2013-2015 now. Afterwards? Hard to say, but I wouldn't bet on them.
    well put
    though i think you might be giving theo a little to much credit
    but i get what you mean with his disapproval of alot of the moves made but the rest is 100% accurate

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Proudly.

    Theo told the owners to scale back back before '09. They didn't listen. Just because you have money it doesn't mean you spend it.

    Flush out the rest of the trash this year. Do not trade off the farm (unless it's for a Stanton sort of player). Do not indulge in any long term deals. 2015-2020 everything should be back to normal.

    Jays are playing for 2013-2015 now. Afterwards? Hard to say, but I wouldn't bet on them.
    Preach on brother.....The truth will set us free

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Jays are playing for 2013-2015 now. Afterwards? Hard to say, but I wouldn't bet on them.
    Why not? Anthony Gose, Travis D'Arnaud, Noah Syndergaard are all the top 3 guys in the system and they haven't gone anywhere. That's not even taking into account that Drew Hutchison and Brett Lawrie are still here. The future still looks pretty bright (to me at least), especially considering the apparent willingness to back the team with a salary.

    I'm not making any proclamations like best team ever, like Boston did in 2010, but I don't see why the long-term future is in shambles now with this deal.
    Last edited by mtf; 11-14-2012 at 01:21 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    I'm not making any proclamations like best team ever, like Boston did in 2010, but I don't see why the long-term future is in shambles now with this deal.
    You guys just absolutely rapped Miami but you still cant help yourself but to be butthurt against Sox fans. Nobody said your future is in shambles. The reality that most people are ignoring is that you took on a lot of money in that deal which could hurt in 3 years when a guy like Reyes is constantly hurt or starts to decline.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    4,236
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    You guys just absolutely rapped Miami but you still cant help yourself but to be butthurt against Sox fans. Nobody said your future is in shambles. The reality that most people are ignoring is that you took on a lot of money in that deal which could hurt in 3 years when a guy like Reyes is constantly hurt or starts to decline.
    Who would be buthurt towards the last Place team in the AL east? The Reyes contract could hurt, but one over priced contract isn't the end of the world that some are making it out to be.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,672
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Powers View Post
    Who would be buthurt towards the last Place team in the AL east? The Reyes contract could hurt, but one over priced contract isn't the end of the world that some are making it out to be.
    It is the end of their hopes to win the League Efficiency Award handed out to the most efficient spending team in the league.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Powers View Post
    Who would be buthurt towards the last Place team in the AL east? The Reyes contract could hurt, but one over priced contract isn't the end of the world that some are making it out to be.
    Yeah it really sucks to have your first losing season in 15 years and get stuck with a bunch of prospects ready to crack the MLB and bags full of money to spend once you find the right guy.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •