Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Debunking Myths 6 games into the Season

Myth number 1:
    OMG THE NETS ARE TEH MOZT WORSTEST DEFENSE EVAR

Reality:
    The Nets are a top 10 defensive team in points allowed and would probably be a lot better if they hadn't let off the gas pedal against Orlando and Minnesota. The defense will only get stingier once communication gets better and Gerald Wallace, who is arguably their best defensive presence, returns to the court.

Myth number 2:
    BROOK LOPEZ IS SO AWFUL, HE SUCKS, TRADE HIM FOR AN AIR PUMP AND A RACK OF BALLS

Reality:
    Lopez is the second leading scorer on the team right now, by decimal points under DWill and is averaging 7 boards and 2 blocks a game. The team as a whole is underperforming on offense, but Brook Lopez isn't one of them.

Myth number 3:
    THE NETS ARE OMGZ AWFUL, THEYRE NOT EVEN GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Reality:
    Let's face it, the talent on this team alone will carry them to no less than the 8th seed. They sit at 4-2, and would be at 5-1 if they didn't fall asleep at the wheel in the second half against the T-Wolves. Joe Johnson and Deron Williams JUST had their first 20 point games last night, and I think it's relatively safe to assume it won't be their last. Anyone in the optimal starting 5 that didn't marry Kim Kardashian can go off for 20+ points on any given night. This is a very dangerous team, and once everything starts to really click as you saw last night, it can be very scary. Even the mighty Heat and the colossal Lakers started/are starting off slow in the first few games of their new identity.

In conclusion: everyone settle the hell down. It's 6 freaking games, and you're all running around screaming about the falling sky like a bunch of Knicks fans. Have a little class and composure.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash

vCash
    Good point about waiting. That's why we should wait like 20 games into the season till we deem this team good, or one in need of improvement. You are right about the playoffs, the East should feature these playoff teams:

Atlantic:
    New York
    Brooklyn
    Boston
    Philadelphia

Central:
    Milwaukee
    Chicago
    Indiana

Southeast:
    Miami
    (maybe) Atlanta

Once we start winning games against these teams, I'm sure people will start to shut up and enjoy the show. But that hasn't happened yet. The first winnable game against these teams is Boston this Thursday.
    Last edited by iceteawithlemon; 11-14-2012 at 01:30 PM.

vCash
    Thank you for this thread. Very well stated
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    I just want to see how we fare against a good frontcourt. Our four wins are vs Orlando, Toronto & Cleveland. All three are most likely bottom 8 teams.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    MYTH 4: Per game stats, points allowed, and team records actually mean something 6 games into the season.

In conclusion: Yes, the Nets defense sucks, and our interior D is pitiful

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Nets are not top 10 defensive team or top 5 worst. We will end up between 18-22.

vCash
    i see the defense will be lopez and humpries focus this season.....from what I've heard, they're working on their communications better and if they can somehow become at least above average by mid season, we can be dangerous.....bench out do most of other teams 2nd units....lots of work, but the possitives are there.....some tough games coming up on the road, I think these next 8 games or so will either make us all disappointed or very happy....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ee View Post
    i see the defense will be lopez and humpries focus this season.....from what I've heard, they're working on their communications better and if they can somehow become at least above average by mid season, we can be dangerous.....bench out do most of other teams 2nd units....lots of work, but the possitives are there.....some tough games coming up on the road, I think these next 8 games or so will either make us all disappointed or very happy....
    Lopez is benefiting from Reggie a lot. He is being more physical and aggressive. So far it is not translating to better D but it is improving.

We could be so good if we had an offensive coach. Avery sucks at offense and does not have the players he needs to mold us into a top 10 defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ee View Post
    I really think Humphries has the physical skills to be a very good defensive power foward. Hes strong, pretty quick, and can jump. He's just kind of a doofy guy lol thats the best way i can describe him, who looks like hes kinda lost out there sometimes. If he can keep his head up and realize whats going on around him more with his defensive rotations I think he can help us be a much better defensive team. I hope Reggie can help him with that a little bit cause I see Hump as a more skilled version of Evans.
    Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Can you blame us? We as Nets fans, myself included, are not used to having a good team. The Jason Kidd Nets gave us a small taste, and we have wanted more ever since.

So when the media starts to feed the egos. We cannot be surprised when they start to grow. And growing egos can be a fickle thing. Yes, patience is required...and if I hear one more person cry "BUT I HAVE BEEN PATIENT SINCE 19--BLAHBLAH!" I am going to spit fire and venom at them...I get enough of that whining over in the Mets forum.

The Nets are a team that ACTUALLY did make the moves necessary to be a playoff threat now. Patience will be rewarded...let's try to exhibit some.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    This thread is what I've been trying to tell all the doubters.
    Last edited by VinceCarter; 11-15-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

vCash
    yeah lopez said him and humps working on better communication seeing what reggie and blatche do on defense