Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    God you really need to learn how to read, all I was offering was a damn suggestion with possible reasons as to why it might work.

You have your opinions I have mine, obviously your going to think my argument is dumb if you disagree and I'm going to think yours is stupid when you disagree with me to.

You provided reasoning as to why it might not work thats all there is to it

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    God you really need to learn how to read, all I was offering was a damn suggestion with possible reasons as to why it might work.

You have your opinions I have mine, obviously your going to think my argument is dumb if you disagree and I'm going to think yours is stupid when you disagree with me to.

You provided reasoning as to why it might not work thats all there is to it
    I know how to read, I provided logical reason as to why every point you made didn't make sense.

And it's not opinion, it's facts. Everything I said is an established and viewable fact
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    more proof....please get Byrd and make a trade for someone else or draft me someone good...

ouch our safeties....

Even though we got Ryans and Kendricks I would be opposed to move to a 3-4 next year...

vCash
    There is a pretty great NT in the draft. He'll go top 4.

Pretty sure Cox could move to DE in the 3-4. It's way too big of a process though.

I think we're better off staying in the 4-3 and drafting Te'o. That LB core would be dominant for years.

FIRE ME!

“I don’t do five year plans — other organizations do, I guess.” - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post

Pretty sure Cox could move to DE in the 3-4. It's way too big of a process though.

I think we're better off staying in the 4-3 and drafting Te'o. That LB core would be dominant for years.
    Of course this all depends on who is brought in to coach this team, but how is it too big of a process? If there was ever a perfect time to switch to the 3-4, it's after this season. There should be huge overhaul in personnel as it is, and if they are getting a top 4 pick, that gives them a shot at a stud NT prospect in Lotulelei which covers the most important piece of the 3-4 puzzle. Then I just hope that Matt Elam falls to the second, or the birds trade back into the first and 2 needs are fulfilled early in the draft.

Now some people may not agree with taking a DT instead of an OT, but if Peters and Kelce come back healthy then the Eagles can move Herremans back inside, and take a right tackle in the third round, which is where they should be drafted anyway, and the line is set.

vCash

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post

Agreed Cole and Babin dont fit at all. Texans traded Ryan because he does not 3-4. Kendrick would excel and so would Cox but even if we get NT we got 4 more position to fill.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Agreed Cole and Babin dont fit at all. Texans traded Ryan because he does not 3-4. Kendrick would excel and so would Cox but even if we get NT we got 4 more position to fill.
    Im not even sure Kendrick would excel, one of his best traits in college was his ability to pass rush, play in space and cover TEs, Other than the TE part thats not really something 3 - 4 ILBs are asked to do often. I think 4 - 3 SAM really is his ideal position.

And even if the players in question would fit and play well in the new scheme, we still gotta add a NT (plus backups) and were would have to commit resources to that which means we ignore or at the minimum put off the bigger issues this team has like QB, OL, DB and pass catchers
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    listen both systems work....I personally prefer a 4-3 but you need 2 damn good and 1 above good LBs....insert SF here please...

3-4 is too much of a stir of the pot but can work aswell...but also exposes you more against the pass i feel... you need a huge huge anchor and we dont have that...

4-3 it should stay...but give me a true 4-3 not this hybrid bs...

4-3 with safety coverage over the top is FINE!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    listen both systems work....I personally prefer a 4-3 but you need 2 damn good and 1 above good LBs....insert SF here please...

3-4 is too much of a stir of the pot but can work aswell...but also exposes you more against the pass i feel... you need a huge huge anchor and we dont have that...

4-3 it should stay...but give me a true 4-3 not this hybrid bs...

4-3 with safety coverage over the top is FINE!!!
    Of course.

Dont get me wrong, nothing wrong with the 3-4. Both schemes in nature are equally as effective. The determining factor is the team the scheme is being utilized by and the players the have
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    exactly...

And monkey, the Texans said they traded Ryan because of that....in actuality they could not afford him after figuring their numbers.... someone had to go, someone high paid....that person was him and why not say "were still unsure about his injury and our defense is moving into a defensive scheme that doesnt fit his play style" thats a crock.... Houston Texans: $4,053,256 thats their cap right now.... they simply could not afford him.... their loss...our gain!

this team would not be a bad transition at all into a 3-4 no matter how you look at it. Actually it would be easier the you all think...

Babin will be gone, Tapp gone, Jenkins could be gone too... Patterson COULD be that guy, but is he ready for an every down? We have the DE's in Cole + Graham + Curry + Cox (he will be converted)

LBs will look like this Mathews - Kendricks - Ryans - Chaney/Jordan

we actually have a better setup for this then I thought.... Mathews can be converted into a pass rusher, its in his blood and I know he is nothing like his brother at all but its more the possible.

Like i said all we need is that "anchor" that Shawn Rodgers / Fat Albert / Wilfork ....we need that type of anchor.

Possible for sure....but again me personally I like the traditional 4-3 with good not GREAT cbs and GREAT safeties.... Ala Jimmy Johnson defense...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    exactly...

And monkey, the Texans said they traded Ryan because of that....in actuality they could not afford him after figuring their numbers.... someone had to go, someone high paid....that person was him and why not say "were still unsure about his injury and our defense is moving into a defensive scheme that doesnt fit his play style" thats a crock.... Houston Texans: $4,053,256 thats their cap right now.... they simply could not afford him.... their loss...our gain!

this team would not be a bad transition at all into a 3-4 no matter how you look at it. Actually it would be easier the you all think...

Babin will be gone, Tapp gone, Jenkins could be gone too... Patterson COULD be that guy, but is he ready for an every down? We have the DE's in Cole + Graham + Curry + Cox (he will be converted)

LBs will look like this Mathews - Kendricks - Ryans - Chaney/Jordan

we actually have a better setup for this then I thought.... Mathews can be converted into a pass rusher, its in his blood and I know he is nothing like his brother at all but its more the possible.

Like i said all we need is that "anchor" that Shawn Rodgers / Fat Albert / Wilfork ....we need that type of anchor.

Possible for sure....but again me personally I like the traditional 4-3 with good not GREAT cbs and GREAT safeties.... Ala Jimmy Johnson defense...
    Ryans was traded partly due to the scheme issue, he wasn't nearly as good in the 3-4 as he was in the 4-3 prior to getting injured. There are other guys they could have traded/released that would have made the cap manageable

None of those 3 would be playing DE in a 3-4, would be moved to OLB.

And there isnt an ounce of pass rushing ability between Mathews, Chaney, Jordan, if anything they would be our backups at the ILB spots
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Couple people upstairs might not want me, but who cares? They’ve probably never played football,” Samuel said, via CSNPhilly.com. “It’s a business and they run it like a business and they’re going to do what they need to do. They’re playing with a lot of money, playing fantasy football, doing their thing.”

Asked if he meant Roseman and Banner, Samuel said: “Howie and Joe? I don’t know, do they fit the comment I made? There ya go. You think they’re upstairs playing fantasy football with the owner’s money?”

TO MANY FA ADDS... LETS NOT LIE HERE WE ALL WERE EXCITED WHEN THEY GOT ASOMUGHA...

d ends just running up the field... all 3 parts of d are not working together at ALL.

JUST WATCH THE BALTIOMORE GAME ALL YEAR LONG.

THEY DONT WANNA HIT ANY1 MAN.

vCash
    My question is,are the Eagles any better with DRC and Nnamdi at cb,than they were with Samuel and any other cb they had?I know the safeties suck but,geesh I haven't been impressed at all with DRC or Nnamdi.Samuel has been balling for the Falcons.

vCash
    I hated seeing Asante go. Hated it.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast