Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The official BYE BYE next year thread or discussion

I dont really think you guys understand the world of hurt we are potentially in here. Its very rare that a coach comes right in and expectations are met. A system takes a while to install and be put to the test and work. Not to mention you need specific players to be surrounded.

Im sorry to say but I think we might be in for a long ride... making the HEAD COACH CRUCIAL!

Im going to make this into a pretty debated post. I will start first with Coaches. Here I will go over all coaches and my view points on them.

I will then go onto the players. Man this organization is about to be flipped upside down.... early 90s here we come again!!!!

Andy Reid - sadly all but gone. I believe he should personally put all feelings aside, allow his sack to drop a bit more and go back to BIG RED days...and not Soft Gingy...Fire everyone under him and rebuild his staff. Regardless I still think hes gone

Marty Mornhinweg - we need a new play caller up in this....sorry call it on Andy all you want hes just passing along whats relayed to him from a source he "trusts" (a bit too much). Marty calls the plays guys say what you want. He needs to be gone more-so then Andy. Raise your hand if your sick and tired of Pass on 1st, pass on 2nd, run on 3rd and long.

Todd Bowles - Sadly he might get fired for being put into a sticky situation. Although I do love what he did with Miami's secondary.. i mean look at that secondary now in Miami...its in shambles. I hope we can retain him, but I think hes in part of this Armageddon too.

Bobby April - Ugh, we are bottom 3 in both punt return kickoff return AND ALSO punt recieve and kickoff receive. Please... all that hype... I remember when we brought him here "HES THE BEST SPECIAL TEAMS COACH EVVVVVFFFFUUURRRRRR" sure....proof is in the pudding. Bye bye

Bob April - For some of you that dont know this is our "Defensive Quality Control" Needless to say he will be gone as well.

Mike Caldwell - Our Linebackers coach ....one of the few positions we did well in and I think he has always done a good job since we recently brought him on at what was given to him. He should be fine.

David Culley - Culley is the WR coach and Offensive Assistant coach... Considering the lack of production from the "great" WRs we have, I feel he may of seen his last day too.

Tom Melvin - TE coach... hes fine. I wish we kept Chase Ford and go with 2 TE set like the Pats do. Man that Ford kid can run routes and has AMAZING HANDS.. 6'7"

Howard Mudd - OLine coach - I wish he stays I think we will offer him to stay given what we provided for him but honestly.. I believe he says SCREW THIS... and retires

Matt Nagy - Hes our "offensive quality control" but honestly this is the guy that teaches every player the playbook and works with them all... this guy is a WIZZ and honestly very very under-rated in this organization. A former gunslinger himself he was originally brought here as what ppl thought was to be a QB...the NFL did not allow that so we kept him as a coach he has been doing an amazing job since. Would love for him to step up in more of an offensive mind role.

Doug Pederson - QB coach and the real brains behind it all. He better be fine. Only way he goes is to follow ship with Andy. He is the one that called out VY (Vince Young) for not having the "IQ" to learn the Eagles system lol.

Duce Staley - Specials teams Quality - Would like to see him and Ted Williams join forces and be the RB coaches together. I mean lets get real, Staley was good in his early days at special teams, but clearly thats our weakest ripple in this team. Love him as a player but dont know if he stays here.

Jim Washburn - DLine Coach - Love his presence love his attitude and his talk. But hes not backing any of it up. We went out and got him every piece he could of ever wanted...and yet were bottom 3 for sacks on the year...wow...Sorry Washy...Titans were right, you're washed up. Cant believe I just said that... later man!

Ted Williams - RB coach. I love Ted Williams...he was the one that brought us Staley, Buckhalter, BWEST!! and now McCoy...Williams wanted to move BACK INTO THE FIRST ROUND and draft McCoy but we got lucky. I dont know if Williams stays honestly... I hope he does, but hes going to be 69 and honestly he might just retire.

Michael Zordich - CB/S coach. Prime example of why we need to stop hiring within....go get the best out there and stop settling for "former" players that played in Philly. This is a business not a fan gathering

Barry Rubin - Conditioning Coach - Rubin is one of the best in the business I would be SHOCKED to see him go...

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Now there is a lot of speculation around a lot of players. I will point out the biggest cap / expectations / demands / needs / wants.

Mike Vick - Ugh you pretty much have to start here. And no not because of my dislike for the guy. His salary alone. Unless we find a coach that can coach HIS game...his game at his age.. I don't honestly see a scenario in which we keep him regardless of how Foles does.

DeSean Jackson - I really dont see us getting rid of him. I think he has been a non factor in the "terrell owens" department and has been rather positive. He surprised me this year with his team play. good for him.

Jeremy Maclin - Maclin has 1 more year on his contrat after this. I just dont know / see the Eagles extending him. HE has to show more GRITT and toughness. Hes always injured and I have seem him sometimes give up the play to not take the hit. We cant have that... that reflects on other players. Step it up Mac...I like ya man but you gotta ball out!!

Demetress Bell - Oh man our offensive line..Listen depending on Peters health and Todds injury and how he can recover we might have a very very big splash this offseason in some offensive line. With names like Jake Long - Duane Brown - Sebastion Vollmer - Ryan Clady - Jermon Bushrod heck even Andre Smith .....with names like that out there becoming FA's I fully expect this to be #1 priority this year. Whats that sound? Times up Bell... I had such high hopes for you too.

King Dunlap - More like really really big Queen that always puts her hands in the face of others... See my above statement. Later extraordinary tall man.

Jason Babin - I love how you finally cashed in, finally looked like that first round pick. I love your attitude...but I hate your play this year. So overpaid right now for the nothing that you are doing. Sorry brotha but considering your salary is a dead weight and we only lose 800k if your cut I think your all but done as an Eagle. Later Babin time for youth... Brandon and Vinny time is yours.... show us please.

Cullen Jenkins - I dont know your a tricky one, your contract says you will be snipped because your only a 1.5 million roster bonus but 0 dead money if cut. But I still like your play style and also the way you have continued to not give up, be a voice, and lead this year. 5.5 million next year though cap hit is tough to swallow. Ill say yes but no? LOL Give me Henry Melton!!!!

Mike Patterson - I think we start rolling with Landri and Cox and use the draft / fa for options here. I feel bad for what happened to Patterson but his cap value and salary show me that there's pretty much no way he stays. Hardly no hits if cut so i really don't see him staying.

DeMeco Ryans - You sir are worth it. You have more then earned your keep. I hear you barking every play. I pray we get a defensive coach in here that can run your system. And a line that can get clear vision for you to hunt and attack. You're fine!

Nnamdi Asomugha - When I found out the orig talks were you being traded from Oakland to Philly for Donovan I was in shock. The fact that the fell through had me wondering if my "insider" blew smoke up my butt. Only to find out she didnt at all. You wanted to come here and proved that in the offseason. I could not of been more shocked or ecstatic. While a lot of people want to hang you by your rope, please I beg of you RESTRUCTURE... stay here. Let us get a coach that KNOWS how to use you the way you should be used. Bring your passion back I want to see the Nnadmi I saw in silver and black. If I cannot see that Nnadmi....I fear next year is your last in Philly. I think you will buy yourself 1 more year though.

DRC - For the most part you have been GREAT. A few times I have seen you being "lazy" but heck I feel we need to reach out to you and extend you this year. I sure hope we do. A little cocky at times though and not great options out there at the CB position other then you Sam Shields and Jason McCourty are the best possible options out there... no I dont like Brent Grimes....or I dont want Aqib Talib and his laundry list of arrests. I hope we extend you because Marsh is not the answer.

Nate Allen - This is it man.... you have 1 more year to try to prove why you should have your contract extended. Instead I think you will get phased out but offseason / draft adds. You had your chance to prove your worth. We all buzzed when you were drafted and you looked good, until your injury. All downhill since then. I think this upcoming year is your last in midnight green. Give me some Jairus Byrd he will be a FA this yera. And I cant believe I am admitting this but I even like Kenny Phillips

Curt Coleman - Your last year is 2013 this upcoming year as well. I think you will get extended. But I dont think you will be a starter anymore. You have blown the coverage too many times. Undercut or jumped up for run when it was a pass exposing the top. I love your special teams play and thats where you need to be. I pray we solve this Safety issue this year.

Alex Henery - Even though you were a 4th round pick LOL you have not missed a FG attempt since week 1. Even though you missed that epic extra point last week with the Cowboys...fail... regardless your not 4th round worthy but you are showing your leg and accuracy. You will remain.

Matt McBriar - You are FINALLY looking like you are feeling almost 100% from that drop foot injury you suffered. I think your one of the best punters in the league still. We better keep you! Cant even believe Chas Henry was picked over you still...

Well folks theres my short list... theres some players I didnt add on this list due to obivous reasons like Akeem Jordan - his pay scale is too sexy to say no too. I wanted to point out the "BIGGER" pay scaled people. I didnt worry about our FA's either unless discussed. Someone like Darryl Tapp didnt get talked about because hes a FA and I dont foresee us bringing him back.

So as you see we have plenty to talk about this offseason. Plenty of positions to fill and we should have MORE THEN PLENTY of SALARY CAP to fulfill all of them. Were already 20 million under the cap and with all this we will be around 40-50 million in cap to spend...

DAMN!!!!!
    Last edited by fanofphilly; 11-14-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Don't you think the entire staff will be gone if a head coached is named. He'll want his staff and his coaches.

vCash
    Of all the main coaches you named. Bowles is the one guy I see staying. I don't see him being let go, the new coach will come in and probably focus more on offense than defense so he'll probably leave in what we have already and just let Bowles grow with our guy.

We can't possibly go from d-coordinator to d-coordinator and expect to establish some chemistry. Look how long its taking Spags to establish a solid defense in New Orleans.

But here is an idea and an interesting one I came across in the main forum.
    Why don't we move Nnamdi to free safety???? He can still line up against tight ends and he's really smart diagnosing the QB so maybe letting him see things develop in front of him might make it easier for him??

Then with our top pick draft the best CB or put our faith in Hughes and Marsh to develope as our second CB and rely on DRC as our main shut down corner.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Of all the main coaches you named. Bowles is the one guy I see staying. I don't see him being let go, the new coach will come in and probably focus more on offense than defense so he'll probably leave in what we have already and just let Bowles grow with our guy.

We can't possibly go from d-coordinator to d-coordinator and expect to establish some chemistry. Look how long its taking Spags to establish a solid defense in New Orleans.

Why don't we move Nnamdi to free safety???? He can still line up against tight ends and he's really smart diagnosing the QB so maybe letting him see things develop in front of him might make it easier for him??

Then with our top pick draft the best CB or put our faith in Hughes and Marsh to develope as our second CB and rely on DRC as our main shut down corner.
    Bowels won't stay if Andy is gone. Any new coach will want his own staff in there. Simple as that.

Nhamdi to FS doesn't make and sense. He's a press corner, you can't press from the safety spot, also he sucks in zone coverage, moving him to safety will ask him to do even more zone
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    Bowels won't stay if Andy is gone. Any new coach will want his own staff in there. Simple as that.

Nhamdi to FS doesn't make and sense. He's a press corner, you can't press from the safety spot, also he sucks in zone coverage, moving him to safety will ask him to do even more zone
    He is also a bad tackler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangreenseason View Post
    He is also a bad tackler
    Yeah, other than the fact that he plays fairly physical and has good size, I really dont see any part of him or his game that lends itself to the safety position.

Also, I refuse to commit that kind of contract money to a FS
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash

Literally might be the dumbest idea I've read on these boards yet

vCash
    only way we let jackson or maclin go is if we trade one of them, which i could see an then we could pickup bowe but i think offensive line is the first priority an you def won;t see half of those guys on our team say goodbye to reynolds, bell, dunlap, maybe even watkins

vCash
    Can't wait till Washburn is gone

vCash

n Nate Allen is a good tackler?? Coleman is a better safety than Allen when it comes to that because Allen has his fair share of missed tackles and bad angles taken.

My point is Nnamdi always is getting on Coleman and Allen sometimes for taking the wrong angles on passes or not being in certain positions and you always read reports how he's coaching guys out there so why can't he??

He'll still be covering TE's and can play the slot at times and he's sucked in zone because the coverages are always blown with miscommunication. This way there won't be any of that and all he has to focus on is diagnosing where the pass is going and take away the deep balls.

When he gets help and is playing inside or outside on guys and the communication is there he completely helps eliminate a WR, like he did with CJ earlier this year. As a man to man press corner he's gone to the shredder so I think its one of the only ways to use him and still be effective unless the communication issues are fixed somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    How so.
    Last edited by Eagles4Lyfe; 11-19-2012 at 10:23 PM.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    How so.
    because Aso struggles in the zone, he needs to jam recievers and be physical with them to make his plays. A lot of the misscommunication you are talking about comes from Aso's end.

vCash

n Nate Allen is a good tackler?? Coleman is a better safety than Allen when it comes to that because Allen has his fair share of missed tackles and bad angles taken.

My point is Nnamdi always is getting on Coleman and Allen sometimes for taking the wrong angles on passes or not being in certain positions and you always read reports how he's coaching guys out there so why can't he??

He'll still be covering TE's and can play the slot at times and he's sucked in zone because the coverages are always blown with miscommunication. This way there won't be any of that and all he has to focus on is diagnosing where the pass is going and take away the deep balls.

When he gets help and is playing inside or outside on guys and the communication is there he completely helps eliminate a WR, like he did with CJ earlier this year. As a man to man press corner he's gone to the shredder so I think its one of the only ways to use him and still be effective unless the communication issues are fixed somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    How so.
    Just because he's adding his two cents and ragging on other players doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about. Additionally, even if he is "coaching" those other guys, ever hear the saying "those who can't do, teach?". No, Nate Allen isn't a good tackler, but he's capable of playing the zone. The ENTIRE effective aspect of Nhamdis game is being able to jam WRs at the line. You can't do that from the safety spot. You also keep brining up that he "would still be covering TEs" seeing as he is a CB, this generally isn't something that he's currently asked to do often. Nhamdi wasn't any good in the slot when we tried him there, which is why we drafted Boykin and had Hanson around last year. There is literally nothing that suggests Nhamdi would be a better safety than corner
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    because Aso struggles in the zone, he needs to jam recievers and be physical with them to make his plays. A lot of the misscommunication you are talking about comes from Aso's end.
    Well we dunno that right, I mean he blames Nate Allen while we blame Aso and the coaches never say who's fault it is just that two guys had miscommunication.
    Which is why I think him moving to safety we'll really know if its him or not.
    Just because he's adding his two cents and ragging on other players doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about. Additionally, even if he is "coaching" those other guys, ever hear the saying "those who can't do, teach?". No, Nate Allen isn't a good tackler, but he's capable of playing the zone. The ENTIRE effective aspect of Nhamdis game is being able to jam WRs at the line. You can't do that from the safety spot. You also keep brining up that he "would still be covering TEs" seeing as he is a CB, this generally isn't something that he's currently asked to do often. Nhamdi wasn't any good in the slot when we tried him there, which is why we drafted Boykin and had Hanson around last year. There is literally nothing that suggests Nhamdi would be a better safety than corner
    I'm not saying he's a better safety than CB, I never even said that, I just suggested maybe its a better option if he plays safety than CB because he's hurting us playing CB when he doesn't get help.

I just think he's a better safety option than someone like Nate Allen and can be a solid internal option instead of us having to waste a high pick or more money trying to get one. We get burned a lot deep and we really need to solidify that damn spot for once.

Coleman is good coming up and playing against the run but we need someone opposite of him that is a ball hawk and can do both.

I brought up the covering TE's because you said he's best as a press guy and with his declining speed the only position he can keep up and jam at the line are tight ends. He did a phenomenal job on Gronkowski last year playing him aggressive and jamming him nice. Often safeties cover tight ends which is why I suggested that.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Well we dunno that right, I mean he blames Nate Allen while we blame Aso and the coaches never say who's fault it is just that two guys had miscommunication.
    Which is why I think him moving to safety we'll really know if its him or not.

I'm not saying he's a better safety than CB, I never even said that, I just suggested maybe its a better option if he plays safety than CB because he's hurting us playing CB when he doesn't get help.

I just think he's a better safety option than someone like Nate Allen and can be a solid internal option instead of us having to waste a high pick or more money trying to get one. We get burned a lot deep and we really need to solidify that damn spot for once.

Coleman is good coming up and playing against the run but we need someone opposite of him that is a ball hawk and can do both.

I brought up the covering TE's because you said he's best as a press guy and with his declining speed the only position he can keep up and jam at the line are tight ends. He did a phenomenal job on Gronkowski last year playing him aggressive and jamming him nice. Often safeties cover tight ends which is why I suggested that.
    If a safety is jamming anyone then they are essentially playing nickel. Two different roles entirely. Theres a huge difference between a nickel jamming a TE in the slot and a safety covering a TE while lining up 10+ yards off the LOS.

Nate Allen is a better zone coverage guy than Nhamdi, thats not up for debate. Sure Nate is disappointing, but he still covers better than Nhamdi in zone.

And if Nhamdi is a better CB than a S, why the **** would you move him to safety? So we can see a greater decline in the quality of his play? Hes already under-performing wildly, so lets put him in a spot where he will be even less effective?

And then we have a hole at CB. So youd have to be spending money or draft picks to fill that need, and CBs are a higher value position demanding higher draft spots and larger salaries. Or starting another CB already on the roster (who Nhamdi is better than).

So we could take Nhamdi, move him to a position he wont be as good at, in order to start a player at his former position that he is better than?

What part of Nhamdis performance and his style of play indicates he would be better than Nate Allen? Also, Nate Allen is currently playing SS in our system, not FS.

Can you not see how stupid your argument is?
    PSD's c_reinert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast