Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Andy Reid Appreciation Thread

Well, didn't take long, lots of speculation in the upcoming hours.

Thanks for everything Andy!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...oach-andy-reid
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Thanks Andy! I appreciate everything, but it's time.

Best of luck with your future, but most importantly with your family.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Best of luck in your future endeavours, and hopefully if you do coach again go to the AFC and we meet up in a SB game ....

Always need change in life sometimes and now is our opportunity.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    He was great for us, people forget the worse times before Andy, he spoiled us into expecting playoffs and beyond every year but he just never got it done on the biggest stage, he will get a good job somewhere else, im guessing san diego, best of luck andy but its the best move for the organization

vCash
    You guys are blowing this out or porportions always saying people forget the pre Reid era. Every damn Eagles fan who knows the history of the team knows how horrible its been because were ring less. But seriously people keep saying we wont have it as good as Reid again, are people forgetting the last 2 years we have not made the playoffs, how much worse can we get, people are acting like were going to go on a decade long rebuilding phase.

We will be back strong again either next year which I strongly believe after this draft or the year after.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Tough to see big red go but today's loss didn't give him much ground to stand on with Lurie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    You guys are blowing this out or porportions always saying people forget the pre Reid era. Every damn Eagles fan who knows the history of the team knows how horrible its been because were ring less. But seriously people keep saying we wont have it as good as Reid again, are people forgetting the last 2 years we have not made the playoffs, how much worse can we get, people are acting like were going to go on a decade long rebuilding phase.

We will be back strong again either next year which I strongly believe after this draft or the year after.
    If only it were that easy.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Yea, it was just time. It was best for both parties to move on after 14 years, what's sad is the effort the players gave him on his last day as head coach. Sad to watch. Thank you, Big Red, for everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    If only it were that easy.
    Were not a team full of senior citizens who are about to be past their prime.
    Were young still on both side of the trenches
    Were not in cap hell going forward.
    We don't have an incompetent FO running the team
    We just had arguably one of the best drafts last year
    Have a top pick this year to add to our youth.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I think this game being a blowout was probably a result of Andy being told he was fired on Friday. Players probably got wind of it and had nothing left to play for

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Were not a team full of senior citizens who are about to be past their prime.
    Were young still on both side of the trenches
    Were not in cap hell going forward.
    We don't have an incompetent FO running the team
    We just had arguably one of the best drafts last year
    Have a top pick this year to add to our youth.
    You realize we aren't the only team that will get better.

This team is far from ready to compete with its current roster. We could easily suffer through the next 5-7 years as well.

It's not a guarantee that this team will be ready to actually compete any time soon.

vCash
    I expect 2-4 years at minimum. 2 being if foles pans out, 4 being if he doesnt

vCash

Bring on a tough couple of years.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    You realize we aren't the only team that will get better.

This team is far from ready to compete with its current roster. We could easily suffer through the next 5-7 years as well.

It's not a guarantee that this team will be ready to actually compete any time soon.
    .....and we have RGIII to deal with for the next 10-15 years

vCash
    We probably shouldn't have traded McNabb in 2010. That was the down fall of Andy's career. He wasn't able to adjust with the QBs he had in Vick and Kolb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast