Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Does a bear **** in the woods?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    The Knicks are not as good as their record shows...just because jump shots are falling when guys are excited to be back now does not mean it will last. Lets look how those jump shot goes in the mid-season.
    Yea that and leading the league in defense. But you're right, no big deal. It's as simple as "we're getting lucky"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
    Does a bear **** in the woods?
    This thread was made just for you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    This thread was made just for you
    This is exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title. He is hoping the Knicks are better without Amare but I have a feeling that once STAT comes back Woodson will have a plan in place to utilize Amare to the best of his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post

The division is going to be ran by the Sixers and Raptors in three years. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickaBocka.44 View Post
    This is exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title. He is hoping the Knicks are better without Amare but I have a feeling that once STAT comes back Woodson will have a plan in place to utilize Amare to the best of his abilities.
    Woodson better have a plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewguy View Post
    The Knicks are not as good as their record shows...just because jump shots are falling when guys are excited to be back now does not mean it will last. Lets look how those jump shot goes in the mid-season.
    says the bitter heat fan

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Amare is a great player. When he and Felton were playing together they played GREAT together. Felton was having a career year. I expect the addition of Amare will make the team better. Woodson is a great coach and there is more than enough plays to run for Amare and Melo.

'antoni had trouble with Amare and Melo on the floor because Melo is used to getting the ball at the "elbow" and creating for himself, and Amare needs the pick-and-roll to maximize his effectiveness. With no PG to run that last season, there were some issues.

Woodson knows how to use Melo, and he will be able to incorperate Amare in as well. This will not be a problem. The reason the team had chemistry problems last season was a combination of coaching and personal. When Felton was traded, Amare missed the pick-and-roll chemistry they had, and though Billups is a great PG, he wasn't really a great fit with Amare. Now Amare has Felton back, and Melo has been given the spacing needed for him to play by Woodson.

I think with the coaching change, and personal change, that Amare and Melo will reach their potential together. Will that potential be enough to unseed Miami? We'll see. I think Miami is the better defensive team, but, in short (or long), the addition of Amare is not going to hurt this squad.

Besides, I'm sure 'Antoni is already trying to talk Mitch into shipping Gasol out for Amare ;-)
    Excellent POST...

Except for trading Stat for Gasol.. We dont want no damn GASOL.. hahah..

vCash
    Amare is still a good player.
    He is though, the Knicks' least talented player. I mean, what can he do besides finish? If he gets the 18 footer back then he'd be more useful. He can't really defend, pass, or rebound to give things to the team when not scoring. Right now, he's like a poor man's David West for the Knicks.

They are playing fine without him and he is not a trade piece at this point, and the Knicks would have to get back multiple players that would have to to immediately cut or buy out because of their roster is pretty set.

Amare is really only a problem if he comes back to the starting unit.

He could be a monster off the bench with a soild 17ppg 7 rpb in 28 mins.
    I like him as the backup 4/5.

He and Pablo/JR could run the Pick and Roll with Jr, Sheed and Novak as for spacing Decoys. It would be unstoppable against all NBA benches. I just hope Woodson can get it done, as he is content on having Amare in the starting unit.
    If the Knicks keep playing this well I would be disappointed that Amare himself wouldn't speak out more about NOT disrupting things.

vCash
    No they are not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnWhyKay View Post
    Excellent POST...

Except for trading Stat for Gasol.. We dont want no damn GASOL.. hahah..
    um yes we do. gasol is an expiring contract after next season and is definitely better than amar'e

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    If Amare comes back off the bench he would make the Knicks a better team.

They can limit his minutes due to his health which will help to prolong him and he and JR can be the focal points of the 2nd unit for scoring.

vCash
    I hope Woodson has a plan in place. I really wouldn't mind seeing Amar'e in the second unit with Prig and JR. I feel like doing that gives you two very balanced, very strong units, while preventing Melo, Amare, and Chandler from getting I'm each others way.

That said, a healthy Amare is going to be crucial if this team wants to contend for a title
    It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    No they are not better without him. An inside 4 just doesn't fit in a D'Antoni offense. If anyone has actually watched the Knicks this year the bigs have left much to be desired. Woodson makes adjustments to fit his players not force players to try and fit his system. Real pgs to distribute the ball will also help. Will Amar'e stay healthy to help the team is a better question. Amar'e has become underrated on these boards because with the way people talk about him you would think the guy doesn't even belong in the NBA. His numbers are still good and a much stronger defensive scheme and disciplined rotations on D have hidden individuals defensive short comings. Will Stat average 25 a game - no but his presence and need for defensive attention helps open the floor. We also can't have Melo at the 4 against a team with any kind of size, we are not running the D'Antoni system anymore and Stat, Chandler, and Melo all have roles in a more traditional offense and team structure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks=love View Post
    um yes we do. gasol is an expiring contract after next season and is definitely better than amar'e
    how does my melo better pf then k love statement look now?

vCash
    knicks are better without amare in the starting line up. We can use him of the bench in a 20 to 25 min role. Thats a move that will be made by Dolan I dont know if he will allow a guy to make 22 mill as a bench player. It comes down to egos and Amare n Dolan have huge ones

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast