Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Tyler Bray: "I'm paid to win football games"

2:56PM EST November 13. 2012 - Tyler Bray gets paid to play quarterback at Tennessee. His words, not mine.

"I'm paid to win football games," Bray told news reporters Tuesday. Such a statement led to the inevitable follow-up question: Um, what?

"I meanů my education. That's what the SEC likes to call 'getting paid,' " Bray said.

I must confess: I have never, ever, ever heard any SEC player, coach, official or university administrator call a scholarship "getting paid." That's a new one.

Watch Bray's brain go from zero to 60 in the span of two sentences. In the first, the junior uttered a statement sure to draw the NCAA's attention. In the second, Bray deflects and parries quicker than a left tackle handling the blind-side blitz.

But for at least a few minutes, people were paying attention to Tennessee's quarterback (if for the wrong reasons), and not its head coach, defense, special teams, 0-6 record in SEC play and uncertain future.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...quote/1702725/

So is the NCAA going to shove its head in the sand about this one? QB from California signs on to play for Tennessee, and says he's getting paid...what other evidence could you possibly need for a reasonable cause investigation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post

So is the NCAA going to shove its head in the sand about this one? QB from California signs on to play for Tennessee, and says he's getting paid...what other evidence could you possibly need for a reasonable cause investigation?
    Where is the money?

vCash
    Must not have a lot of money then.

vCash
    Lane Kiffin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Must not have a lot of money then.
    lulz. this whole thing is lulz.

vCash
    I look at my parents awesome enough to pay for me to go to a commute campus. It probably set them back after my 5 years back then 12k. (I paid for the commute, parking pass, and books) as my inheritance even though my parents have much more then that. I can call it pay, inheritance, earned right, whatever it's the same thing. PAID EDUCATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Lane Kiffin
    This^

He should've said "I got paid to win games but the Kiffin left town and Dools won't pay me anymore which is why I throw games so he'll get fired and I'll get drafted and finally get paid again to win games"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Lane Kiffin
    Yep. Amazing how many of those blue chip guys recruited by Lane Kiffin left Tennessee after he left for USC.

And guys don't be naive to believe that these players go without handouts. Even the guys on the bench get money from boosters and friends of the program. I know I've known several guys play for big schools in the SEC and ACC and tell me stories about phony jobs and $100-handshakes.

vCash
    free education is getting paid, but im sure thats not all he gets
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)