Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Dusty finished 2nd in Manager of the Year

Hey give him some props. Glad he is here next year. We should be in the hunt again next year.

vCash
    I thought he would get third. still, congrats to Dusty!

vCash
    I knew you would break sooner or later jlohm. Next you will be telling us you have a poster of him in your man cave. lol

vCash

vCash
    Yeah it was close but I figured Davey would get it since the Nationals had been so bad so long.

vCash
    I think Davey was the right choice too. Here is what's strange to me about all the MLB awards this year. In 2012 the Reds finished with the 2nd best record in MLB (only 1 game behind the Nats). Yet of all the hardware awarded to various players around the league (Silver Sluggers, Gold Gloves, Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, MVP, and Cy Young), Jay Bruce stands as the only Red to win one of these awards. Of course this assumes the Reds aren't going to win an MVP or Cy Young (which in my opinion they shouldn't).

My point is that snubs like Brandon Phillips not winning a Gold Glove and Mike Leake not winning a Silver Slugger are even more glaring since the Reds had such a great year. How does Aroldis Chapman finish 4th among NL relievers for the Rolaids Relief Man Award? It almost leads me to believe Tony Larussa has some sort of input over the Award selections.

vCash
    how Cueto didn't win Cy Young is beyond me. not only did he not win, but he wasn't even a finalist.