42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Si

2 4.76%
  • No

40 95.24%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Logan Morrison:

hey @JonHeymanCBS I just read that we got mathematically eliminated from the 2013 playoffs. Is that true?

vCash
    We didn't want to give Reyes or Buehrle those stupid contracts last year when they were freely available on the market and Miami signed them. Why would we want to take them on now at the price of Castro+?

vCash
    Logan morrison for cubs broadcasting spot
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    I wouldn't, no. The package is too quantity over quality-ish for my liking in return for Castro, and the best player in return would a SS which wouldn't be much of, if any, of an upgrade (surely not in a few years). With his injury history, we probably wouldn't get many years out of JJ, then we'd be paying for the back end of Reyes and Buerhle instead of reaping the benefits of Starlin's prime years + flexibility.
    Last edited by RedHeadsRule; 11-14-2012 at 12:36 PM.

You can always create a place for yourself.
    vCash
    we are taking in way too much salary and we would have to give up a little more than just castro
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Logan morrison for cubs broadcasting spot
    If we could somehow pry LoMo from that sinking ship and sign McCarthy, we'd at least have the best 1-2 Twitter punch in baseball. New market inefficiency?

vCash
    For those curious about some of the related baseball economics, Forbes has the following story, "Traded Marlins Players Will Take $2 Million Tax Hit In Canada."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Would you guys trade Rizzo+ for Tex, Granderson, and ARod?
    No.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu+ View Post
    For those curious about some of the related baseball economics, Forbes has the following story, "Traded Marlins Players Will Take $2 Million Tax Hit In Canada."
    I was actually curious about how a tax would work for players playing in another country that has a much higher tax rate

vCash
    i would yes

soler/baez/almora and some still getting developed while we contend in this weak dviision? hell yeah

an i would try like hard to get price when hes available

vCash
    I don't know if Tex, Arod, Granderson really make you a contender. They also add like 50+ million a year onto your payroll, making Price that much harder to get.

vCash
    Rather stick on our current path then take that deal and put together a "meh" team that has the possibility to be good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    I don't know if Tex, Arod, Granderson really make you a contender. They also add like 50+ million a year onto your payroll, making Price that much harder to get.
    tex and Arod add 50+ Million, I think Granderson makes a good deal more than Castro as well.

No I wouldnt do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsFanBudMan74 View Post
    i would yes

soler/baez/almora and some still getting developed while we contend in this weak dviision? hell yeah

an i would try like hard to get price when hes available
    You would What?

No GM should have made the deal that Toronto did. Some are scared to second guess AA but I think he gave up way too much in what was clearly a salary dump. To give up two top prospects and to pay the majority of all of those salaries as well is a rip off. They will be fighting for years to get from out of those deals unless they can flip Johnson or Reyes.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I would throw out and offer for LOMO and Nolasco. Soriano/Russell/Marmol and a filler for LOMO and Nolasco We pay all of Soris salary. Nolasco has 1 year and 11.5 million remaining
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast